I looked for a House in Heidelberg - and landed in Hanoi

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
This is a true story, that once happened to me.
I could tell it here - slowly, step by step.
It all started in a church in Heidelberg.

I start the story now.
It started here:

We are an English-speaking Christian community in the heart of this beautiful city. We belong to the Diocese in Europe (Church of England), a part of the worldwide Anglican Communion. Every Sunday we come together at the Erlöserkirche (Church of the Redeemer) at Plöck 44 (Heidelberg Old Town, corner of Plöck and Schießtorstraße) for a service of Holy Communion or (0ccasionally) Morning Prayer.

I go there sometimes.
This time there was a special ceremony, and the Anglican Bishop for Europe had specially come here - all the way from Gibraltar, where his official seat is - or so I thought.

Three Stooges classic bit.
I've had a look now:

The Three Stooges was an American vaudeville and comedy team active from 1922 until 1970, best remembered for their 200 short subject films by Columbia Pictures. Their hallmark styles were physical farce and slapstick. Six Stooges appeared over the act's run (with only three active at any given time): Moe Howard (born Moses Horwitz) and Larry Fine (born Louis Feinberg) were mainstays throughout the ensemble's nearly 50-year run; the pivotal "third stooge" was played by (in order of appearance) Shemp Howard (born Samuel Horwitz), Curly Howard (born Jerome Horwitz), Shemp Howard again, Joe Besser, and "Curly Joe" DeRita.

I go on with the story now.
After the Church Service we were all invited for lunch in a sort of parish hall in another part of Heidelberg.
I was not sure whether I would go there, as I am not really a member of the community there.
But as the Bishop then invited me personally, I did not say No ....

May I go on with the story sometime? :)

In case somebody is interested. :)

This lunch was in another part of Heidelberg.
And on my way there I met an interesting person - by chance.

Forum List

Back