I like walker because...

Walker has won election and reelection three times in four years in a blue state and has managed to get things done. For the people who are sick of Washington gridlock this has real appeal.

I like him because he has shown leadership in doing what he promised to do.

He is on my short list for pres

Walker really hasn't done that great of a job for Wisconsin's economy.
The state had to defer payment of short-term debt payments to erase a budget short fall. Wisconsin rates 40th in private sector job growth.
Bottom-line is that Wisconsin is lagging behind the nation economically.

See, for stuff like that, I'll give him a bit of a pass. If you put the states through any sort of matrix, you'll find good things, bad things, awful things, hopeful things, things that would surprise you pleasantly and things that would shock you negatively.

What I need first is a mind at work. I'm not sure you have that with Walker. Next, you need someone who is genuinely interested in solving problems in a way that benefits the most Americans. Again, I'm not sure you have that in Walker or any GOP candidate. And finally, someone who shares my values.

You won't find a 100% carbon copy of your platform in any candidate but first you need to have a curious mind at work that pushes back against MBAs from Treasury, PhDs from State or Graduates of Colorado Springs, Annapolis, or West Point. Its hard to push back when you don't have the same horsepower or intellectual bandwidth.

Bush 43 had a surprising interchange with Hugh Shelton (Former JCS Chairman). I think it was in "Bush at War" where Bush said the first thing he wanted to drop was aid to Afghanians (sp?) who were the subjects of the local war lords. Shelton snorted "You may want to take care of the anti-aircraft defense first".

I am not going to post about Trump or his tupee or that anti semite Bush. Only be positive.

Walker is an effective leader. He managed to get the deficit down for the state. It threatened to eat the state budget and destroy the state with horrible tax increases.

He does seem to have a jones for unions, but the unions had a jones for him too. He is a bit over confrotational, but given the unions in his state, that was nessessary

I don't think he's confrontational enough, but he did a great job cutting the nuts off a democrook extortion institution.

Now that people aren't forced to give money to the unions, the democrooks will have to find new ways to fleece the people. Some who goes through what Walker went through, is a man of principle who will help roll back libtard policy.

RINOs like Jeb will merely enact it more slowly than a democrook.

The debates should be very interesting.

I like Walker and would have no problem voting for him as POTUS if he gets the nomination.

Kankles, on the other hand, will have all she can do to get the nomination. She has way to much baggage.

She IS baggage, and she's weighing down the whole democrook party.

Walker has won election and reelection three times in four years in a blue state and has managed to get things done. For the people who are sick of Washington gridlock this has real appeal.

And he's been vetted 5 ways from Sunday by the Media and most of the progressive groups out there, as if they had ANYTHING to hit him with, they would have used it during the recalls and the regular elections.

Hillary would chew up and spit Walker out, being how Walker is so fundamentally gutless. Ask him a question, he runs. Criticize him, he cries. He's had the very conservative Wisconsin media shilling hard for him now and covering for his rampant corruption, but the national media wouldn't be so kind.

So why do some conservatives adore him? See Roadrunner up there. Their lives are devoted to a single thing, hating liberals. If Walker was murdering puppies on stage, the Walker fans would cheer it solely because the liberals didn't like it.

Oh, Walker couldn't even beat Hillary in Wisconsin. He's not popular there. His key to winning was the elections being in off-years with low turnouts.

Last edited:
Yup and here is a list of those Presidents who didn't attend college.

Other presidents who never attended college were Andrew Jackson (1829-1837), Martin Van Buren (1837-1841), Zachary Taylor (1849-1850), Millard Fillmore (1850-1853), Andrew Johnson (1865-1869) and Grover Cleveland (1885-1889 and 1893-1897, the only president to serve two non-consecutive terms).

You can add George Washington and Abe Lincoln to that list.

Lincoln never went to college and IMHO he was the gold standard for any President. Just goes to show that a college degree doesn't mean jack shit. And it shouldn't. If the man or woman is able there is no reason they couldn't be POTUS without a college degree.

Walker is more than qualified to be POTUS.

Considering that many of the poor bastards that come out of college are completely incapable of forming an independent oppinion, lack any critical thinking skills, and reject any information that challenges their programming it stands to reason not having a degree would make you better qualified than any of the democrook eggheads who believe in bullshit like global warming.

The debates should be very interesting.

I like Walker and would have no problem voting for him as POTUS if he gets the nomination.

Kankles, on the other hand, will have all she can do to get the nomination. She has way to much baggage.

She IS baggage, and she's weighing down the whole democrook party.

You are 100% right. She's baggage and if the DNC is smart they will dump her worthless ass in one big hurry.

Hillary would chew up and spit Walker out, being how Walker is so fundamentally gutless. Ask him a question, he runs. Criticize him, he cries. He's had the very conservative Wisconsin media shilling hard for him now and covering for his rampant corruption, but the national media wouldn't be so kind.

So why do some conservatives adore him? See Roadrunner up there. Their lives are devoted to a single thing, hating liberals.

Oh, yeah, because Clintons are known for direct clear answers....

And our lives are devoted to laughing at you, not hating you.

Walker can't even bring himself to say "Obama is a Christian", despite being directly asked many times. He doesn't want to upset his crazy base.

Do we really want someone that gutless as president?

Walker can't even bring himself to say "Obama is a Christian", despite being directly asked many times. He doesn't want to upset his crazy base.

So presidential acceptability is based on responses or non-responses to pointless "gotcha" questions???

Why is that question even being asked? How retarded are you that this matters?

So, is it not in the voters interest to know a candidate is beholden to a kook cult special interest group?

Walker's groupies are a lot like Walker. They cry when things get a little tough.

Blue State? Walker has GOP control of both Houses to work with, in other words a Rubber Stamp legislature. Also, much like Washington, there is a bitter divide between the GOP and the Dems.
Trust me, if the Dems had control of just one of the Houses, Walker wouldn't been able to cover his ass and push back paying the due short term debt so he could claim a balanced budget.

Last edited:

Blue State? Walker has GOP control of both Houses to work with, in other words a Rubber Stamp legislature. Also, much like Washington, there is a bitter divide between the GOP and the Dems.
Trust me, if the Dems had control of just one of the Houses, Walker wouldn't been able to cover his ass and push back paying the due short term debt so he could claim a balanced budget.
Going into the 2010 midterms the Dems had control of both those Houses and the Governorship though the incumbent governor had decided not to run for reelection and it went for Obama in 2012 so I would say it's reasonable to say if not now until recently it had been a blue state and could go back to one. Since Walkers election in 2010 the Democrats have had two chances to vote him out and failed both times to do so given that it seems the people of Wisconsin must feel he is doing something right.

Going into the 2010 midterms the Dems had control of both those Houses and the Governorship though the incumbent governor had decided not to run for reelection and it went for Obama in 2012 so I would say it's reasonable to say if not now until recently it had been a blue state and could go back to one. Since Walkers election in 2010 the Democrats have had two chances to vote him out and failed both times to do so given that it seems the people of Wisconsin must feel he is doing something right.

Considering, thanks to the recession, Minnesota was in worse shape (2 billion more in the red, But now there is no comparison, Minnesta is so far ahead in about every economic sense than our neighbor who once was called our twin, Wisconsin is lagging nationally economically.
For the life of me I can't figure out the attraction to Walker. Kasich is a much better candidate with a superior resume

Forum List

Back