...I just realized Lincoln was the Hitler of the 19th century.

Not, I hope, for expressing his opinions. Not even, I hope, for his spewing what I think is nothing but historic revisionism, either.

However repulsive his opinions might be to me, we're all better off having a dialogue/debate about those opinions.

The path to truth is often found by heated intellectual debate.

Thanks to having to read the thoughts of others, others whose ideas I have found repugnant, I have often discovered flaws in my own arguments, and occassionally these annoying cranks have forced me to rethink my own opinions.

Honest intelluctualism requires freedom of speech.

Without it, we are lost, the American dream is over and we are on the path to tyranny of thought.
No, he was banned because at 4:00 this morning he decided to show a picture of his gross erect hairy penis.

It takes a lot to get banned here. That, I do believe, qualifies.
:lol: God, I'm glad I missed that. I presume it was in response to me; he didn't have anything else of substance to say, did he?

It seemed so random. I think he was making an erection joke but he honestly couldn't find a way to make one without a picture of one?

Just to let you know ed...Beuky has been banned.

Not, I hope, for expressing his opinions. Not even, I hope, for his spewing what I think is nothing but historic revisionism, either.

However repulsive his opinions might be to me, we're all better off having a dialogue/debate about those opinions.

The path to truth is often found by heated intellectual debate.

Thanks to having to read the thoughts of others, others whose ideas I have found repugnant, I have often discovered flaws in my own arguments, and occassionally these annoying cranks have forced me to rethink my own opinions.

Honest intelluctualism requires freedom of speech.

Without it, we are lost, the American dream is over and we are on the path to tyranny of thought.
No, he was banned because at 4:00 this morning he decided to show a picture of his gross erect hairy penis.

It takes a lot to get banned here. That, I do believe, qualifies.

Perhaps it was his misguided attempt to make an editorial comment with an image?

Then too, maybe he's just a creepy little racist pervert.

They both committed ridiculous and pointless genocide...maybe no where near in similar methods or to the same ends, but they both killed a large enough amount of people that should taint their legacy as villainous in my opinion.
??

Forum List

Back