Stripper Pole Tax To Benefit Schools

Amanda

Calm as a Hindu cow
Nov 28, 2008
NEW YORK, NY (WPIX) - Long Island exotic dancers gathered Wednesday in a rally to strut their support for a stripper pole tax.

Prompted by the prospect of school budget cuts, owners of a gentleman's club and dancers hoped the new tax -- a voluntary surcharge added to a club's admission fees -- will help restore some of the much-needed after school activities.

"I'm a single mom," said Heather Cioffi, a dancer at Illusion Gentleman's Club in Deerpark, told PIX 11 News. "I don't have the money to have him in the after school program."

In February, Gov. David A. Paterson proposed $11 million in program cutbacks, leaving many parents across the state concerned about the state of their children' s school programs.

A stripper pole tax was introduced in Texas in 2007, and has so far collected more than $13.6 million.

The voluntary tax is slated to begin this weekend at Illusion Gentleman's Club where former Lolita Amy Fisher hits the stage to raise money for local Long Island schools.

Fisher's claim to fame occurred in 1992 when the then-17-year-old shot Mary Jo Buttafuoco, the wife of her lover Joey. In 2007, she embarked a career in adult entertainment business.

Article at: Stripper Pole Tax To Benefit Schools - WPIX

Discuss

Wow Now all the deadbeat dads who hang out at the strip club can now pat each other on the back and say "We're doing it for the kids" While their children live off the state. Brilliant!

I am sure it is only dead beat dads who go to strip clubs.:lol:
How about the good christian dad, who goes to the strip clubs, because his wife "just won't do that"? I guess they are also helping out their children.

I don't know .. seems a little funny to me.

Strippers with hearts of gold..oh heck why not...

"Strip for the Kids".. that is a good Democrat Political campaign slogan..

--------------------------------:eusa_eh:

New York, May 13 (ANI): Strippers from a club at Long Island in New York rallied outside the Nassau County courthouse seeking imposition of tax on pole dancing for benefit of local schools.

Buzz up!
The women were from the club 'Illusions' in Deer Park.

The club will also start charging 5 dollars as entry fee, from this weekend, to raise funds for local schools.

They hope the state implements legislation to tax lap dances.

"We just want to give back to our communities, because the state is cutting back on school aid," the New York Post quoted Carmella Cioffi, 22, a strip dancer, as saying.

She added: "The government is always trying to raise taxes and here we are saying raise our taxes."

"Carma," was one of the three dancers in attendance and was carrying a sign, "Stripper Pole Tax Helps Local Schools. "

Long Island strippers rally for 'lap dance' tax to benefit local schools - Oneindia News

Last edited:
If they want to give back, why don't they simply open their wallets and give back?

I don't just make this stuff up you know...:lol:

------------------------:eusa_eh:

First they came for the millionaires. Then they came for the iPods. Now the tax man is coming for the strippers.

Brooklyn democratic Assemblyman Felix Ortiz -- the man responsible for the nation's first law against driving while using a cell phone -- is proposing a new tax on folks who enjoy watching naked women dance.

Ortiz wants to squeeze strip club patrons for a pole toll of $10, with the revenue going to help victims of human trafficking.

"Monies generated have the potential to be a tremendous boost to these groups," Ortiz said. "Through this bill, New York state will continue to forge a path for other states to follow."

Return of the Pole Tax | NBC New York

Last edited:
Now Strippers can drive around the "Pole Tax" or fan out to find more customers for charity sake. Heck you could have a stripper pole dancing at the next tailgate party.

article-2198835-14DAEF0F000005DC-296_634x701.jpg

How do you collect a tax on a stripper pole? By the hour while it is used? How would they know? Tax the mere possession of a stripper pole? Tax the strippers? My guess is that the lesbians and the homos are in charge.

Forum List

Back