I Just Joined the NRA

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by William Joyce, May 3, 2009.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    I have put this off for years. I finally did it online about 10 minutes ago. 60 bucks for a two-year membership. I figure with Obama in office and the Democrats on the verge of taking the Senate, it's about time.

I probably have fewer guns (one Glock, one .22) than 99 percent of the NRA membership, but it's time. The NRA is one of the few effective political causes on the right going.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. B94

B94 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Damm another racist let in the NRA. You racists are going to give gun owners a bad reputation.

3. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Most white men todaystock up on guns and ammo as a way of DENYING their racial feelings. The beautiful thing is when this activity COMPLEMENTS racial feelings!

4. mash107

mash107 Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +82
    I'd say the racist is the person who prevents inner city (usually black) men from defending themselves with arms against criminals and gangs rather than the person that advocates for a means of their defense.

Remember, government aims to keep guns only in the hands of criminals and government... law abiding citizen be damned!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    That's a ridiculous assertion. Only racist stock up on ammo over racial feeling. The rest are stocking up out of fear of an out of control government. It's absurd.

I think the NRA cause is just; however, they use the same fearmongering tactics as the gun contol idiots and inundate your mailbox with pleas for more contributions for this or that as you will soon see. For that reason alone I let my membership lapse.

6. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Gun control is not an issue of race. It's an issue of control.

7. Toro

Toro Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25,031
    I don't own any guns. I would if I had a daughter though. I'd be polishing them on my front porch when some young punk came to pick up my daughter for a date. I wouldn't own any bullets. I'd just be doing it for effect to scare the little bastard!

8. Kallus

Kallus Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The NRA (I have a lifetime membership myself and no I have not made donations to them) does do a lot of fundraising but they put it to good use. They are constantly involved in legal battles across the country in support of 2nd amendment rights and opposing bullshit legislation which costs quite a bit. They are also a vocal and active organization with proven weight behind it when it comes to speaking with government officials and trying to talk some sense into them. That combined with other things such as gun safety and education programs, member events, an excellent magazine, and the many other things they keep on their plate the small membership fees are well worth it imho.

I agree that solicitations for donations (from anyone) can be annoying but at least the NRA is active and does what they say they will, I have never once seen them act contrary to their espoused values. If I were to donate to a non-charity they would be near the top of my list. What I find offensive are the constant solicitations from politicians during election season. Donating money to someone so they can get elected and then take more from you later is one hell of a racket.

9. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    I own a gun.

Supersoaker 2000.

I have plenty of ammo.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Sure, it's a name your poison thing. I don't like ANY junkmail but I found the NRA particularly annoying. Take my $30. a year and shut up. You should be able to opt off the junkmailing list. If that was a choice, I'd probably still be a member.