I hope y'all are happy....

dilloduck said:
only if the feds overturn the states which I doubt will happen---the judge is now considering his verdict BUT taking his time and Terri is getting worse quickly--notice he did not IMMEDIATLEY order the tube be reinserted?

No matter which way this goes, this isn't gonna turn out good for conservatives. I'm just afraid we've overstepped our bounds here.

When I end up beating Bully 90% dead and he's a veggie and his wife wants to clip him can y'all promise me you won't get the feds involved and keep him alive? :laugh:

OCA said:
No matter which way this goes, this isn't gonna turn out good for conservatives. I'm just afraid we've overstepped our bounds here.

When I end up beating Bully 90% dead and he's a veggie and his wife wants to clip him can y'all promise me you won't get the feds involved and keep him alive? :laugh:

Well leaving Bully out of it, we agree! :beer:

Now about the engagement thread in politics???

OCA said:
I'm thinking you are right P. This is the slippery slope we've been hearing so much about.

Cmon--if we truly believe we are right, why the hell are we afraid to take a chance on a slippery slope.!!! Am I hearing confidence leaking out out the conservative party?

Mr. P said:
There's no Maybe about it. IMO

If I lived in FL, I would be working to get the laws changed. I don't think the Feds should have stepped in here. I will be looking into CO laws to see if there is a need to change them as well. I cannot see that the preponderance of evidence should be used to kill people innocent of crime but convicting must take beyond reasonable doubt. I think there is a certainty missing here that is needed to insure a right to life.

dilloduck said:
Cmon--if we truly believe we are right, why the hell are we afraid to take a chance on a slippery slope.!!! Am I hearing confidence leaking out out the conservative party?

On this slope, the conservatives are taking the other side. Never a good idea.

Kathianne said:
Yes it is. There is now a federal judge deciding whether or not the feeding tube remains out or is replaced. There is no way that I don't want to see Terri receive nourishment, I think that is basic, not extraordinary. Just do not think it should be coming from the feds.

Well then where? do you really believe Terri has had ample representation? And if not then who polices the courts???

dilloduck said:

No i'm prioritizing. I think we are spending a dime to save a nickel.

OCA said:
No i'm prioritizing. I think we are spending a dime to save a nickel.

Im think most people don't see the fed vs state issue at all and it won't alter their contempt for gay marriage.

Bonnie said:
Well then where? do you really believe Terri has had ample representation? And if not then who polices the courts???

Ample representation. Doesn't that imply that she would have to give some input which she is unable to do? As far as I see it should be in the husbands hands, no matter what you think of him. When he married her and vice versa these decisions should things come to this our made by the spouse not the parents.

I personally think Mr. Schiavo is being demonized and made out to be some sort of jerk. Heck I even caught Rush saying that he doesn't see him that way for having the other lady as it would take some sort of superhuman effort to remain faithful and monogamous for so many years in this situation.

Bonnie said:

I do not have the credentials to tell what went wrong here. If the videos I posted to a couple of days ago are representative, something went very wrong. But it needed to be dealt with within the state. If Greer is the only judge that found on 'facts' then that should have been addressed, if he is as biased as it seems.

To take this to the federal level, rather the feds interjecting themselves, well it's just wrong. As wrong as Roe V Wade constitutionally.

dilloduck said:
Im think most people don't see the fed vs state issue at all and it won't alter their contempt for gay marriage.

It doesn't matter what most people think, I can guarantee you congressional and state legislature Demos are salivating over this scenario.

Kathianne said:
I do not have the credentials to tell what went wrong here. If the videos I posted to a couple of days ago are representative, something went very wrong. But it needed to be dealt with within the state. If Greer is the only judge that found on 'facts' then that should have been addressed, if he is as biased as it seems.

To take this to the federal level, rather the feds interjecting themselves, well it's just wrong. As wrong as Roe V Wade constitutionally.
and while the oucry "out with the feds" is loudest---WE STRIKE !!

dilloduck said:

Good luck, when you are arguing against gay marriage, abortion, etc.

OCA said:
Ample representation. Doesn't that imply that she would have to give some input which she is unable to do? As far as I see it should be in the husbands hands, no matter what you think of him. When he married her and vice versa these decisions should things come to this our made by the spouse not the parents.

I personally think Mr. Schiavo is being demonized and made out to be some sort of jerk. Heck I even caught Rush saying that he doesn't see him that way for having the other lady as it would take some sort of superhuman effort to remain faithful and monogamous for so many years in this situation.

of course he should have moved on and be happy with someone else, then why not let her parents who love her and are willing to put the time into taking care of her have her?. That's all they are asking for. Why won't he just divorce her??

dilloduck said:

The only thing I can see good coming out of this is we can just say screw it now, we intervened fedrally in this might as well get the constitutional gay marriage ban rolling.

Roe v Wade...forget it, its a pipe dream.

Kathianne said:
Good luck, when you are arguing against gay marriage, abortion, etc.

What??? let the states decide abortion and gay marriage---they'll get it right and had it right until the feds stepped in------demonize em.

dilloduck said:
What??? let the states decide abortion and gay marriage---they'll get it right and had it right until the feds stepped in------demonize em.

But you are arguing to turn this state's rights issue over to the feds. The others the feds have tried to co-op. You are giving them what they want, more control.

Bonnie said:
of course he should have moved on and be happy with someone else, then why not let her parents who love her and are willing to put the time into taking care of her have her?. That's all they are asking for. Why won't he just divorce her??

I don't know, maybe they are Catholic? The parents aren't taking care of her, thats the thing. She's in a hospice, we all know what hospices are for right?

I read somewhere in one of these threads that there was like 100,000 grand set aside for her care......I used to be with a company out of college that dealt in long term care for mostly the elderly(not the cae here but you know what I mean).....100,000 might make 18 months.

Forum List

Back