Fashionable Chastity Garments :)

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Underwear. It can say "I'm sexy." It can say "I'm confident." But can it say "I'm waiting for marriage?"

That's what Yvette Thomas is banking on. Her growing line of clothing, WaitWear, plasters slogans like "Virginity Lane: Exit When Married" and "Notice: No Trespassing On This Property. My Father Is Watching" on underwear and T-shirts, and is meant to inspire young people to abstain from sex until they tie the knot.

"[Abstinence] makes so much of a difference in an individual's life and the choices that they make, and especially at a young age," said Thomas, 39.

WaitWear is currently rolling into more and more retail stores, and Thomas is determined that the company will do a little more than $2 million in sales this year — up from a mere $4,000 in 2004.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,150968,00.html

well thats a creative way to make some money. i think its rather silly though

Can't help thinking that the underwear wouldn't
fend off any promiscuous young boys if they got far enough to see them...

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Can't help thinking that the underwear wouldn't
fend off any promiscuous young boys if they got far enough to see them...

Wouldn't it just inflame them more....

What is forbidden is also exciting.

:whip3:

This product isn't for the boys/men who get that far...its for the young woman who puts it on in the morning...looks at it, and (hopefully with a smile) reaffirms her choice to abstain from sex until marriage.

I think its a great idea for those people who feel that saving themselves till marriage is important, a sort of positive self-affirmation about their choice.

Additionally...yea capitalism! If someone can make money by honing in on an "untouched" :laugh: market, then more power to them!

I think this is great. About time we had some counter-cultural options. I was shopping for undies for my little girls, and found thongs with the slogans "eye candy" and "boy toy." These were sized to fit my six-year old! Disgusting!

Forum List

Back