I hope y'all are happy....

Kathianne said:
But you are arguing to turn this state's rights issue over to the feds. The others the feds have tried to co-op. You are giving them what they want, more control.

Dillo she's right, I know its a bitter pill to swallow but this case is doing more to centralize power in the hands of the Feds than anything in the last 30 years. We just went back against everything we believe.....smaller, less centralized government, remember that?

Kathianne said:
But you are arguing to turn this state's rights issue over to the feds. The others the feds have tried to co-op. You are giving them what they want, more control.
WRONG---they will submit to the state of Florida ---I'm saying let the feds kow-tow------the only danger here is if they overturn Florida and I don't see it happening. While they are bent over in defeat we keep kicking.
( lets face it--the horse is already out of the barn)

OCA said:
I don't know, maybe they are Catholic? The parents aren't taking care of her, thats the thing. She's in a hospice, we all know what hospices are for right?

I read somewhere in one of these threads that there was like 100,000 grand set aside for her care......I used to be with a company out of college that dealt in long term care for mostly the elderly(not the cae here but you know what I mean).....100,000 might make 18 months.

The parent's would take care of her, but the husband has to allow them to.

I don't know about Terri's costs, but my mom was able to get to the rest room with a walker, didn't need 'physical therapy' and her in home health costs, irrespective of medicine, clothing, food, etc, was in excess of 70k per year-only for 24 hour care-12 on weekends, with family picking up the slack. That didn't cover the hospital bed, oxygen, and alarm systems.

OCA said:
I don't know, maybe they are Catholic? The parents aren't taking care of her, thats the thing. She's in a hospice, we all know what hospices are for right?

I read somewhere in one of these threads that there was like 100,000 grand set aside for her care......I used to be with a company out of college that dealt in long term care for mostly the elderly(not the cae here but you know what I mean).....100,000 might make 18 months.

They are not allowed to do anything with her regarding care, in most cases the husband has refused to even let them see her. And he stands to gain a great deal of money from this when she does die if he is still her guradian, something like 700,000 dollars.

Bonnie said:
=....Why won't he just divorce her??
Bonnie, I've heard this question posed many times...My only thought is the guy is really trying to follow his wifes' wishes. Why else do it...stick to it..not money..I read something months ago that accounted for most all the money being spent already..it has be over 15 years that's not cheap.

Bonnie said:
They are not allowed to do anything with her regarding care, in most cases the husband has refused to even let them see her. And he stands to gain a great deal of money from this when she does die if he is still her guradian, something like 700,000 dollars.

Well we all stand to gain financially if a spouse dies(provided there is life insurance of some kind), anyway we should have stayed out of this.

:chains:
Bullypulpit said:
And let's not forget his [Bush's] cheerful willingness to permit the execution of the mentally retarded, and his cruel mockery on "<i>Larry King: Live</i>", of a woman he permitted to be executed.

Bully, I swear to God, I could get more sense out of a horse's dick!! Hey Mr. F-up, this "woman" was Karla Faye Tucker, an AXE MURDERER who said that butchering her victims "made me horny". Considering that you constantly wrap your male organ around the hearts of serial killers, maybe you could put away your bitchy-whiney diatribe for just a second and support an innocent victim, Terri Schaivo, and stop calling everything Bush does "politics". :slap: Good Gawd I'm fed up with libs. The next time I see one walking down the street I swear I'll piss in his eyeball. :chains:

Mr. P said:
Bonnie, I've heard this question posed many times...My only thought is the guy is really trying to follow his wifes' wishes. Why else do it...stick to it..not money..I read something months ago that accounted for most all the money being spent already..it has be over 15 years that's not cheap.

I don't think so Mr. P. Seems he may have a lot to gain, once she is dead. That is what is so horrible about arguing against the intervention. Real money is to be made with movies, books, appearances. I am getting sick.

Kathianne said:
I don't think so Mr. P. Seems he may have a lot to gain, once she is dead. That is what is so horrible about arguing against the intervention. Real money is to be made with movies, books, appearances. I am getting sick.

I can't understand that why he cannot see the compassion his family has for her and let them take care of her----this "I'm doing it for her" is getting fishier by the minute-----it'll all be over soon

Kathianne said:
The parent's would take care of her, but the husband has to allow them to.

I don't know about Terri's costs, but my mom was able to get to the rest room with a walker, didn't need 'physical therapy' and her in home health costs, irrespective of medicine, clothing, food, etc, was in excess of 70k per year-only for 24 hour care-12 on weekends, with family picking up the slack. That didn't cover the hospital bed, oxygen, and alarm systems.

You see the care for Terri for the rest of her life will be astronomical, shit like this ruins families, sets them out on the streets. I'm not saying that she shouldn't have the tube reinserted strictly for financial reasons, that really shouldn't be considered, but rather this might be a reality that her parents are going to have to face down the road if they win. They are looking at millions in care.

Not sure if in Florida the taxpayers will even foot a portion of that bill.

i could have sworn that i posted the link about bush signing this legislature into law, towards the end of his tenure as governator or texas.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/HS/content/htm/hs.002.00.000166.00.htm

if you don't have the patience or interest to read the whole thing, there is a brief summary of the important part of the legislature here:

http://thinkprogress.org/index.php?p=480

kinda goes against that whole 'pro-life' theme to running back from crawford ranch to 'do what is right'.

imo, it's not about morality, it's all about political capital. god bless em :usa:

spillmind said:
i could have sworn that i posted the link about bush signing this legislature into law, towards the end of his tenure as governator or texas.

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/statutes/docs/HS/content/htm/hs.002.00.000166.00.htm

if you don't have the patience or interest to read the whole thing, there is a brief summary of the important part of the legislature here:

http://thinkprogress.org/index.php?p=480

kinda goes against that whole 'pro-life' theme to running back from crawford ranch to 'do what is right'.

imo, it's not about morality, it's all about political capital. god bless em :usa:

a politician going after political capital---how odd? LOL

dilloduck said:
a politician going after political capital---how odd? LOL

as long as we are being honest about this. this isn't about one woman's life. it's about an attempt to mold the perception of the people that made it an issue.

OCA said:
You see the care for Terri for the rest of her life will be astronomical, shit like this ruins families, sets them out on the streets. I'm not saying that she shouldn't have the tube reinserted strictly for financial reasons, that really shouldn't be considered, but rather this might be a reality that her parents are going to have to face down the road if they win. They are looking at millions in care.

Thats their choice isn't it?

dilloduck said:
Thats their choice isn't it?

Yes it is, but we seem to be implying that Mr. Schiavo might be doing this for the money. I just wonder how much he has had to shell out over the past 15 years.

Kathianne said:

Well, he can do the books and movies wheather shes dead or alive. Heck, I hear he has turned down millions already. So I don't concider that (real money) as any sort of motive.

Mr. P said:
Well, he can do the books and movies wheather shes dead or alive. Heck, I hear he has turned down millions already. So I don't concider that (real money) as any sort of motive.

He turned down $1 million, nothing compared to what we are talking here. My problem, I think he is scum, I may be right or wrong. Either way, he is whom she chose, for better or worse. Now the piper is being paid.

There are several issues that this case embodies-----states rights, euthenasia, personal responsibility, right to life, etc. It's hard to discuss all the ramifications here without trying to be A bit more focused on which of the issues is being addressed.

OCA said:

I think after a fifteen year battle they are prepared to and desperate to take care of her. She is their flesh and blood.

Kathianne said:
He turned down $1 million, nothing compared to what we are talking here. My problem, I think he is scum, I may be right or wrong. Either way, he is whom she chose, for better or worse. Now the piper is being paid.

I agree he is a souless piece of scum, why oh why do beautiful smart women (Terri, Lacy) marry these cold hearted dead beats?????

Forum List

Back