I have spent thousands in the last month....

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
Today, I spent $700 on my glasses...and I've spend I don't know how much on school supplies, school clothes, and animal vaccinations.

Today I took $140 in cash out, charged I don't know how much to my credit card (wait, yes, I do know....$100 for my teeth, $150 for my glasses...only $700 to go...$40 for liquor, roast and cigs, and about $100 at the thrift stores)....

I budgeted out what I have to pay this month (actually, Sept.) and it comes to about $300 less than I make.

Eating noodles and veggies this month.

Regarding those $700 glasses. Do NOT under any circumstances clean them without first placing the lenses under running water.

Most of that stuff isn't recurring expenses so you'll make it up down the road.

Remember- not spending is saving.

Had five credit cards at one point. Cut them all up. Won't have another one for as long as I live.

One thing I never understood is this "back to school" shopping spree that people with kids seem to just have to do every year

If the clothes they wore all summer still fit, why does a child need a new wardrobe to go to school?
if the book bag or knapsack is not falling apart, why buy a new one?

really the only stuff i see as a necessity for school ie notebooks, pencils and the like can be got on the cheap

I went through school without an annual fall spending spree. Hell in high school I made it through 4 years with just a few pairs of jeans and a dozen tee shirts and I only bought 2 pairs of sneakers and one pair of work boots in that time.

$700 glasses??! Something's wrong with that picture.. I just got a pair of prescription sunglasses with designer frames with all the "cool" stuff, and I paid maybe half that..

Had five credit cards at one point. Cut them all up. Won't have another one for as long as I live.

Should have kept one card - the one with the lowest interest rate. Never know what's going to happen, whether you'll have to buy an emergency plane ticket, rent a car, book a hotel, etc. and most check cards have a daily limit on them...

Should have kept one card - the one with the lowest interest rate. Never know what's going to happen, whether you'll have to buy an emergency plane ticket, rent a car, book a hotel, etc. and most check cards have a daily limit on them...

Got enough cash on hand to cover most any cirsis, and my debit card which is 'Visa' has a $1,500 daily limit.

Harley Davidson credit just sent a thing along with my monthly statement offering me a H-D, Visa credit card... no thanks. Not after what I just went through with those blood thirsty sons a bitches. Not H-D credit, but credit cards in general. Missed one payment in the confusion of moving 2,200 miles, caught it up, but was treated like literal dog crap by the company even though I'd had the card for over 20 years, and had NEVER been late with a payment, and then was beat up with higher interest rates by all the other cards, even though I'd never missed or been late with a payment to them either, because the late payment to the other card. They can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned.

Forum List

Back