"I Have Black/White/Hispanic/Asian Friends"

It is said this is not a defense against racism.

I reject that. In most cases, if you have true friends of other races, you're not racist. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it.

Reject this garbage.

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?

But of course that's not good enough now. If you have friendships with people of different values and beliefs, you must also be Down For Their Struggle. And maybe not just THEIR struggle, meaning them as individuals, but every race struggle the Powers That Be want to impose on them. IOW, you are not just you and your friend is not just your friend. But you are White and your friend is Black and that must be overlaid with all the meaning THEY want to lay on it.

Check your heart. And if it doesn't describe you, reject it. Then maybe we can finally move forward.
If you're not a racist you don't think of them as "your black friend" or "your Asian friend".

Also soundly and roundly and laughingly rejected.

No.

The Left has taught us to view EVERYTHING through race and then smacks our hands and scolds us when we do. That's ridiculous and I'm laughing at it, because it's the best possible response.

Guess what? I didn't used to think "my gay friend" and "my black friend" until I had to think about it because of Identity Politics poison, because I had to defend myself against the Left whining about "Racist" because I vote Republican.

So really.

Don't feed me that line and expect me not to laugh.

I reject that. In most cases, if you have true friends of other races, you're not racist. And don't let anyone tell you differently.

For a certain set, there IS no defense against racism. You are racist. You are racist even if you don't THINK you're racist. You are racist even if you are white and married a black man and freely chose to make your children with this man. For that set, you are white and racist and there is no escaping it.

Reject this garbage.

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?

But of course that's not good enough now. If you have friendships with people of different values and beliefs, you must also be Down For Their Struggle. And maybe not just THEIR struggle, meaning them as individuals, but every race struggle the Powers That Be want to impose on them. IOW, you are not just you and your friend is not just your friend. But you are White and your friend is Black and that must be overlaid with all the meaning THEY want to lay on it.

Check your heart. And if it doesn't describe you, reject it. Then maybe we can finally move forward.
Racism is not about not liking someone of another group. Racism is a systematic way of harming people of another group and that requires power and systems and the collective agreement by that group to support and participate in the mistreatment of people outside that group

The only people on the planet who systematically exhibit these kind of behaviours toward people just because they look different (no matter where they go) from North America to Africa to New Zealand and Australia, etc are white people.

• A white supremacist would employ black people just as long as whites were in charge of employing
  • A white supremacist would sponsor black athletes, just as long as whites were in charge of the sponsoring.
  • A white supremacist can like a black person, sleep with black women, marry a black women, listen to black music, adopt a black child. They can do all that stuff but still be team white supremacy.
There were many whites who supported slavery and and jim crow yet, managed to conjure personal kindness for individual black people.

There were also many Blacks who supported slavery; see Africa for details!!!

Greg

Reject this garbage.

If you're not a racist you don't think of them as "your black friend" or "your Asian friend".

No.

The Left has taught us to view EVERYTHING through race and then smacks our hands and scolds us when we do. That's ridiculous and I'm laughing at it, because it's the best possible response.

Guess what? I didn't used to think "my gay friend" and "my black friend" until I had to think about it because of Identity Politics poison, because I had to defend myself against the Left whining about "Racist" because I vote Republican.

So really.

You may laugh all you want. It doesn't change how right I am.

Reject this garbage.

"Leftists ." That is all I needed to read.

Coward.
I don't think so, Correll. It was a thoughtful post until that cardboard cut out had to enter. The boogey man does not live under your bed or mine.

No, liberals sully their own bed. Lately, with Identity Politics. They soil their beds so fouly that they then must change names and, when they run out of arguments--which happens a lot--they cry about the new name you're not using. Like "progressive".

Here's a hat tip: stop soiling your own bed. If you cannot, you have the wrong worldview, so get out, like I did. It's not that difficult, really. Twenty years for me and counting.

Reject this garbage.

No.

So really.

How you are right, you just say so? Because it's Morally Superior and Everyone Knows It?

Bring your arguments. Why are you right?

Black Supremacy is what people like you are really after. Blacks murder, rape, commit slavery and sex trafficking all the time and are so antisocial that they harp on "white" people. It may come as a surprise that a few African Americans on this board have good relations with everyone including the "white" people on this board. I have spent some time around some people from Africa and they are of good nature and so not keep dwelling in the negative. The Blacks in the United States have a broken movement because they cannot love in the present and instead love in a past so long ago. Many nations and races have had hardships in the last 100 years that are more recent than slavery. Guess what- I am not your average "white".

All people of all races murder, rape, commit slavery and sex trafficking sadly. I try to take people on an individual level, though I understand that culture and socioeconomic background plays into your personal makeup. Still, we are made in the image of God. We are able to be many things at many times. We are individuals.

Nice post SweetSue. I believe that you are not a racist - IF this is true:

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?​

The problem is, that many people will say these things - but the reality is that they don't know ANY black or brown people very well, yet alone hang out with them and share what one might call an actual friendship as you describe. "I'm not a racist - some of my best friends are (fill in the blank)" is often an indication that someone just MIGHT be making it up.

y4b8fyaxm9jy.png

Reject this garbage.

Coward.
I don't think so, Correll. It was a thoughtful post until that cardboard cut out had to enter. The boogey man does not live under your bed or mine.

If you are referring to how the Left demands active support from people or condemns them,

you are correct, That does not live under our beds. It is in our face in society.

That is a part of the difference between right and left.

The right supports the freedom to be left alone.

The left demands you support the proper causes or you are a bad person and need to be marginalized.

Nice post SweetSue. I believe that you are not a racist - IF this is true:

If you TRULY have friendships with people of different races and beliefs, than what better evidence is there for you being what Leftists used to value: tolerant, diverse and loving? If you share their struggles and listen to their stories and invite them into your homes and share their lives and seek to understand them, as friends do, and you love and value them as complete individuals, including their race, how can you possibly be racist?​

The problem is, that many people will say these things - but the reality is that they don't know ANY black or brown people very well, yet alone hang out with them and share what one might call an actual friendship as you describe. "I'm not a racist - some of my best friends are (fill in the blank)" is often an indication that someone just MIGHT be making it up.

y4b8fyaxm9jy.png

This is liberals projecting in almost all cases.

Reject this garbage.

No.

So really.

WRONG!!!!! The left has pushed the labels on to many who IDENTIFY as persons in those groups. It is a nonsense but they have become labels that the left uses. Now you want it both ways; if we accept the use of the labels we're racist; if we don't we're STILL racist because we don't recognise disadvantaged groups. I have one word for anyone who is a Citizen of the US.

So you don't talk about Disadvantaged Blacks? How KKKlan of you. lol

Greg

Reject this garbage.

Coward.

No, liberals sully their own bed. Lately, with Identity Politics. They soil their beds so fouly that they then must change names and, when they run out of arguments--which happens a lot--they cry about the new name you're not using. Like "progressive".

Here's a hat tip: stop soiling your own bed. If you cannot, you have the wrong worldview, so get out, like I did. It's not that difficult, really. Twenty years for me and counting.
Where are you from? Your sentence structure is odd.

Reject this garbage.

Coward.

If you are referring to how the Left demands active support from people or condemns them,

you are correct, That does not live under our beds. It is in our face in society.

The left demands you support the proper causes or you are a bad person and need to be marginalized.

It is the most Fundie religion to hit these shores since the Puritans of Plymouth Rock. It is more than their political modus operandi: it is their deep-down moral and religious belief. But in the Church of Social Justice, there is no absolution and no mercy. If you are Bad, you are Bad, there is no recourse. You are Shunned.

It is a religion built wholly of self-righteousness. Make no mistake about that.

Reject this garbage.

Coward.

This is how you know they're losing.

They talk about your sentence structure.

Reject this garbage.

Coward.

It is the most Fundie religion to hit these shores since the Puritans of Plymouth Rock. It is more than their political modus operandi: it is their deep-down moral and religious belief. But in the Church of Social Justice, there is no absolution and no mercy. If you are Bad, you are Bad, there is no recourse. You are Shunned.

It is a religion built wholly of self-righteousness. Make no mistake about that.

And to them EVERY perversion is righteous!!!

Greg

Reject this garbage.

No.

So really.

WRONG!!!!! The left has pushed the labels on to many who IDENTIFY as persons in those groups. It is a nonsense but they have become labels that the left uses. Now you want it both ways; if we accept the use of the labels we're racist; if we don't we're STILL racist because we don't recognise disadvantaged groups. I have one word for anyone who is a Citizen of the US.

Greg
That's a lot of words, to bad they don't actually say anything.

Reject this garbage.

No.

So really.

Greg

Stop tiptoeing around it. If you know you're not racist, what are they gonna do? Be "offended"?

Stop giving them this power over the language and the culture. They're already losing. Let's make it more official.

Coward.

This is how you know they're losing.

They talk about your sentence structure.
I was asking a polite question because I am curious. You don't write as if English is your first language.

Forum List

Back