I have an offer for all you Job Creators

That 4% increase in taxes could run into hundreds of thousands of dollars. You might peg it at $4,000 but that doesn't make it true. A 4% increase in taxes could prevent not only the hiring of several people, but causing the lay offs of those that did have a job.

The cost of your employee is not taxed as profit. The profit your employee generates is what is taxed.

Since Republicans have deemed that we can no longer call the wealthiest Americans rich, but must refer to them as "job creators"

How about instead of a MASSIVE 4% tax increase across the board for the richest 2%....Those who can actually demonstrate that they have created jobs get no tax increase

Those in the richest 2% who cannot demonstrate that they are creating jobs face an 8% tax increase
If we can add to that offer any government program that has been operating in the red for say five year's or more get's it's budget slashed till it shows it can run in the black and any program that no longer really serves any legitimate purpose is ended outright.

Government is not allowed to operate on a profit
It's not supposed to operate in the red either we see where that leads. How about the programs that are no longer needed or a serve a purpose can we cut those?

That 4% increase in taxes could run into hundreds of thousands of dollars. You might peg it at $4,000 but that doesn't make it true. A 4% increase in taxes could prevent not only the hiring of several people, but causing the lay offs of those that did have a job.

The 39% tax rate on a million dollars is 390,000. That leaves you with 610,000. The 35% tax rate on a million dollars is 350,000. That leaves you with 650,000.

What employer would not want to make another 610,000 in PROFIT if he could hire more employees and generate a million more in taxable profits??

...just because of the $40,000 difference?

Since Republicans have deemed that we can no longer call the wealthiest Americans rich, but must refer to them as "job creators"

How about instead of a MASSIVE 4% tax increase across the board for the richest 2%....Those who can actually demonstrate that they have created jobs get no tax increase

Those in the richest 2% who cannot demonstrate that they are creating jobs face an 8% tax increase

That’s a non-starter.

Why would they want to ‘create jobs’? Jobs need to be cut and/or sent overseas to maximize corporate profit and enrich shareholders.

High Corporate Taxes, Increased Government Regulation, and unlimited legal liability cut into profit and shareholder value (401k, IRA, and pensions). Address each of these, then you may have a leg to stand on when you admonish moving jobs overseas.

If we can add to that offer any government program that has been operating in the red for say five year's or more get's it's budget slashed till it shows it can run in the black and any program that no longer really serves any legitimate purpose is ended outright.

It's not supposed to operate in the red either we see where that leads. How about the programs that are no longer needed or a serve a purpose can we cut those?

I can name three..

Department of Education, Department of Commerce and.......ummm.....ahhhh....Can someone help me?

I forgot the third

The motivation can't be revenue. Even the most offensive taxes aimed at the "rich" will be just a drop in the bucket. It must be about punishment. Mentally deficient radical lefties have been programed by rich democrats to be little soldiers in the war against capitalism.

Cutting back on food stamps would be a drop in the bucket also. Does that mean food stamps should be off the table? Cutting back on Medicaid would be a drop in the bucket; should Medicaid be off the table? Cutting back on Medicare would be a drop in the bucket; should Medicare be off the table?

Buckets are filled one drop at a time.

"A billion here, a billion there and soon you're talking about real money." I forgot who said it and I'm too lazy to Google.

I can name three..

Department of Education, Department of Commerce and.......ummm.....ahhhh....Can someone help me?

I forgot the third

Cute so what I getting here is you want to raise taxes on the rich cut nothing say problem solved and call it a day.

Since we're $14 trillion in the hole, I don't think we need to be worried about what to do with the profits.

But wait....there's more: Say a wealthy guy like Steve Wynn dislocates his shoulder patting himself on the back for creating 250K jobs in Las Vegas. But Wall St. and banks cause unemployment to shoot up to the highest level in the nation.

All those created jobs are lost and then some. Wynn doesn't get credit for jobs that are now gone....he must create more than 250K jobs to get the tax savings back.

Job losses due to natural disasters like Sandy must be made up, too. That is what patriotic Americans do.

Personally, I think a 20% rate on all holdings by the wealthy and brokerages and banks would be simpler. Use it or fork over 1/5th. That shouild get some of the trillions being withheld flowing.

Regards from Rosie

Do you realize that over extending by banks, government, big business, small business and consumers, led to the collapse of 2008? Government chastised bank and business for not saving and having a cash reserve, now, you want us to go back to what made the mess?
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to vote Democrat.

The motivation can't be revenue. Even the most offensive taxes aimed at the "rich" will be just a drop in the bucket. It must be about punishment. Mentally deficient radical lefties have been programed by rich democrats to be little soldiers in the war against capitalism.

Cutting back on food stamps would be a drop in the bucket also. Does that mean food stamps should be off the table? Cutting back on Medicaid would be a drop in the bucket; should Medicaid be off the table? Cutting back on Medicare would be a drop in the bucket; should Medicare be off the table?

Buckets are filled one drop at a time.

"A billion here, a billion there and soon you're talking about real money." I forgot who said it and I'm too lazy to Google.

That's my point? Why do people keep arguing that we shouldn't raise the top tax rates because that won't solve the entire problem?

Someone rational explain to us how this small tax increase causes a business not to hire...

Someone rational explain to us how this small tax increase causes a $14 trillion dollar debt to go away.

It's not designed to.

If you exempt every tax increase/spending cut proposal from the equation on the grounds that none of them individually, single-handedly, solve the problem,

then every item is exempt.

I can name three..

I forgot the third

Cute so what I getting here is you want to raise taxes on the rich cut nothing say problem solved and call it a day.
Underwear Progressives:

1. Raise taxes.

2. ?????

3. Prosperity!!

Someone rational explain to us how this small tax increase causes a business not to hire...

Someone rational explain to us how this small tax increase causes a $14 trillion dollar debt to go away.

It's not designed to.

If you exempt every tax increase/spending cut proposal from the equation on the grounds that none of them individually, single-handedly, solve the problem,

See my post previous to this one.

RW, give us the amount of revenue you think this will create then tell us directly what that revenue will be used for...

Watch in amazement as RW fails to deliver a though through answer for his glorious idea!

It's not designed to.

See my post previous to this one.

If you want to exempt the Rich from the shared sacrifice that the nation needs to make in order to straighten out our fiscal situation, fine,

that's a popular conservative position.

Just don't come crying when someone else claims, in the interest of fairness, that they want to exempt the Poor from the shared sacrifice.

It's not designed to.

What you mean to say is... "30-40 billion in new revenue won't do chit but it sounds great to tax someone more!!!" Then you have to pretend there are no side effects to the increases in raising taxes.

Despite 1 million years of proof that more taxes is not the answer you still bleed stupidity on the issue of the 1+ trillion annual dollar deficit we run.

How much revenue will you get off these new taxes... Where does the money go, welfare, Libya, Education, Unions, Healthcare or to actually pay down a % of the growing interest we have on our currect deficit.

When do we cut Government soending? When do you fuckers start calling out Obama and the Democratic party as the big Military spender, big war party that you are?

Forum List

Back