I have an eating disorder

have oral surgery. It wull require you to keep your mouth shut and your mouth will be too sore for you to do anything with.,

This will give you the practice and the experience needed to say with confidence "yes I can"

good luck with It all

let me know how IT goes as I am patenting the method and would love to have you do a testimonial.

I suffer from binge eating disorder/compulsive overeating

any helpful suggestions?

See a doctor.

I had a roommate in college who was bulimic. She was a smart, beautiful girl. But the constant binge eating, then throwing up, made her hair start to fall out, her teeth rot and her complexion became ruddy, not to mention the things it did to the inside of her body.

Get help ASAP.

eat celery when you binge. It's a negative calorie food. Also, you can eat healthy when you do binge...it'll have a lot less negative effect. And start exercising for two hours a day even if it's walking on the treadmill in front of the tv.

I had an "addiction" to video games. I don't like that word, "addiction" but I'll use it. I could spend $10 a day, every day, at video arcades. Finally, I quit cold turkey. I succeeded by focusing on minute-by-minute activity. “For the next 30 minutes, I will not play a video game”. Sometimes I literally sat on my hands – particularly on weekends – but it became easier after a few months. Then I promised myself to not waste money on arcade games for the next hour. After that hour passed, I focused on the next hour. It takes time and trouble but if you really decide to change, it works. Don’t seize the day. Seize the hour.

any helpful suggestions?
Suicide%2Bgun.JPG

eat celery when you binge. It's a negative calorie food. Also, you can eat healthy when you do binge...it'll have a lot less negative effect. And start exercising for two hours a day even if it's walking on the treadmill in front of the tv.
What kind of advice is that? It doesn't matter if you purge Celery or Hamburger or Mac and Cheese, the effect is just as damaging because it's the stomach acids that do the damage coming back up, not the food.

What kind of advice is that? It doesn't matter if you purge Celery or Hamburger or Mac and Cheese, the effect is just as damaging because it's the stomach acids that do the damage coming back up, not the food.

You CAN binge eat without purging. Almost everyone binge eats once in a while. Judging by the pic in the avatar, he's not purging.

any helpful suggestions?

This may be helpful to you.

https://www.oa.org/

I have several patient who have done it. It's like AA for binge eaters. Sounds like a good support group with people dealing with the same problem.

That is good advice.

You asked for help actsnoblemartin, I think you should check this site out!

Food is for survival, not an answer to all your stress or sadness.

Exersize before you eat, it curbs cravings

Drink a lot of water

Don't listen to all the hype put out there that you have a so called disorder. It serves only to excuse our actions and choices.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I eat what I want all in moderation. I am healthy and I too have times I want to eat a lot. That is after I have had a hard day either emotionally or work wise. I make sure I am aware of why I "want" to over eat..so I don't.

Change your mind about what food is for

PS. If you drink diet coke. Please stop. It has aspertame that causes brain cell dmage

Last edited:
Take your mind off food by drinking loads of beer instead.It works for me until I get beer munchies:lol:

Forum List

Back