I Have a single, one mouse Problem, and Need Help!

There are many mouse traps that are "humane".... but the question arises as to "what now?" If you catch one.
What do you do with it?
Field mice, and household mice are territorial. They roam very little away from where they were born, a female mice may never get farther from it's birth place than 30 or 40 yards.
Take a mouse out of it's territory and it will not do very well. They spend fair weather periods gathering and storing food, remove it and it not only has no shelter, but will likely starve/freeze to death. If it is male, it will likely be attacked by other males in the area also.

The fact is. It is more humane to kill them, than to catch and try to relocate them.
He or she, came from the woodpile in the back/side yard, where my cat stays perched until she can catch one.... we thought we would just put it back there in the pile where he or she was likely taken from....?

Tractor supply, Lowe's, Home Depot, WalMart, Target....
I live in NYC [long island actually] and the last ^four^ I know we have here, but finding a tractor factory would be harder than catching the mouse with a fishing pole or a lasso.

hqdefault.jpg
No wonder cats like those things

Last edited:
Leave teeny-tiny packs of cigarettes around, and sooner or later your problem will be solved.

Me. I don't like killing anything. The mice are much more afraid of you than you are of them. They only do what comes naturally to them and follow their instincts. There are humane traps that you can use.

Make a mouseapult and fling that sucker into outer space!

Wall1.jpg

ok

Let me begin by saying, I have a kitty cat, who my husband and I love dearly! She was a stray, that found us and picked us, to be her caretaker, or chose us, to be her slaves.... :)

the lord only knows where she came from...? We have several thousands of acres of forest that surrounds us and neighborhood with maybe 10 to 15 homes in the whole area, two others on our dirt road and immediate area.....

Someone likely dropped her off and dumped her, the only other option is there is a Lobsterman, that has a whole compound of buildings and barns on his property that sits back in, and off the road, about a quarter of a mile away that we have seen a whole bunch of different cats lounging in the sun near the road... maybe she came from there?

Well, my kitty LOVES field mice (and shrimp)(and rabbit).... the shrimp in Maine are tiny, popcorn sized shrimp, not like Florida where I used to Shrimp off a bridge near the condo I lived in, and could catch almost colossal sized shrimp right off the bridge at night! Yummy! But if she is from the Lobsterman's house down the road, then him giving the dregs of his fishing to all of his barn cats, would make some sense to her loving them....

Any way, we broke her from catching the field mice and eating the mice a few years back, thank God! But then she changed to just catching the field mice and then bringing them home, (through a window that she jumps to so to get back in if 'mommy kitty', moi, is not paying attention and checking the door for her majesty, that I usually leave opened, when she is outside in the summer....)

Well, all other mice brought in, the hubby and kitty work together to corner it, catch it, and then hubby releases it in to the wood pile away from the house.... a typical routine....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

She brought a mouse in, when I was not looking, the end of summer.... had to be summer, because I clearly had the window opened.... for her to bring it in, maybe I was taking a nap, or in the shower? I don't know?

Anyway, we could not figure out why she kept sitting in front of the pantry closet, for hours at a time, for weeks... the pantry closet with shelves we put in, is in Matt's mancave right off the kitchen, so I wrote it off to her just wanting to be near 'daddy kitty' when he was home from work??? stupid stupid me!

So Matt finally decided, something was wrong, can't remember what triggered him? But decided to take everything out of the pantry, and low and behold, on the ground, under the shelving, a mouse had a nice comfy bed made out of its of torn cardboard. What a CHORE and Nightmare, we had to go through everything, look for holes or openings to anything packaged and threw out half the pantry goods, just to be safe... the mouse likes pasta! and bit in to a beef broth carton for his liquid....

So Matt cleared out completely the nest and disinfected the pantry floor and all the scuzzy things that husbands are good for.... :D

The mouse was never found.

HOWEVER, the bathroom off the mancave is where I have heard him... turns out, he fled to the cement enclosed crawl space below the house... he got in to the wall and flooring and crawl space by going through a tiny hole that the water pipes for our radiant heat, that come up from the crawl space, the heating unit is down there, plus the heating oil tank and water pump.... it's probably 3 and a half feet high down there.... we use it as storage....

I don't know what the mouse is eating now? we put everything in big plastic storage.

HOW CAN WE CATCH THE MOUSE WITHOUT KILLING THE MOUSE?
You can use a live catch mouse trap... Walmart sell them online...

ok

Let me begin by saying, I have a kitty cat, who my husband and I love dearly! She was a stray, that found us and picked us, to be her caretaker, or chose us, to be her slaves.... :)

the lord only knows where she came from...? We have several thousands of acres of forest that surrounds us and neighborhood with maybe 10 to 15 homes in the whole area, two others on our dirt road and immediate area.....

Someone likely dropped her off and dumped her, the only other option is there is a Lobsterman, that has a whole compound of buildings and barns on his property that sits back in, and off the road, about a quarter of a mile away that we have seen a whole bunch of different cats lounging in the sun near the road... maybe she came from there?

Well, my kitty LOVES field mice (and shrimp)(and rabbit).... the shrimp in Maine are tiny, popcorn sized shrimp, not like Florida where I used to Shrimp off a bridge near the condo I lived in, and could catch almost colossal sized shrimp right off the bridge at night! Yummy! But if she is from the Lobsterman's house down the road, then him giving the dregs of his fishing to all of his barn cats, would make some sense to her loving them....

Any way, we broke her from catching the field mice and eating the mice a few years back, thank God! But then she changed to just catching the field mice and then bringing them home, (through a window that she jumps to so to get back in if 'mommy kitty', moi, is not paying attention and checking the door for her majesty, that I usually leave opened, when she is outside in the summer....)

Well, all other mice brought in, the hubby and kitty work together to corner it, catch it, and then hubby releases it in to the wood pile away from the house.... a typical routine....

She brought a mouse in, when I was not looking, the end of summer.... had to be summer, because I clearly had the window opened.... for her to bring it in, maybe I was taking a nap, or in the shower? I don't know?

Anyway, we could not figure out why she kept sitting in front of the pantry closet, for hours at a time, for weeks... the pantry closet with shelves we put in, is in Matt's mancave right off the kitchen, so I wrote it off to her just wanting to be near 'daddy kitty' when he was home from work??? stupid stupid me!

So Matt finally decided, something was wrong, can't remember what triggered him? But decided to take everything out of the pantry, and low and behold, on the ground, under the shelving, a mouse had a nice comfy bed made out of its of torn cardboard. What a CHORE and Nightmare, we had to go through everything, look for holes or openings to anything packaged and threw out half the pantry goods, just to be safe... the mouse likes pasta! and bit in to a beef broth carton for his liquid....

So Matt cleared out completely the nest and disinfected the pantry floor and all the scuzzy things that husbands are good for.... :D

HOWEVER, the bathroom off the mancave is where I have heard him... turns out, he fled to the cement enclosed crawl space below the house... he got in to the wall and flooring and crawl space by going through a tiny hole that the water pipes for our radiant heat, that come up from the crawl space, the heating unit is down there, plus the heating oil tank and water pump.... it's probably 3 and a half feet high down there.... we use it as storage....

I don't know what the mouse is eating now? we put everything in big plastic storage.

If it's a democrat, you can lure it in with a free phone.

There are small presses that'll print this and bind it up into a book for you.

I also have wild deer friends that I've named and come every day at dusk to see me, Lady, her baby, the Tramp, and Blackface, and Big nose, and Pretty Face, and a wild skunk that I have known since he was a runt, baby....now maybe 4 years old that comes to visit near every day, except in winter.... his name is Put Em Up, PEU for short, and squirrels and chipmunks and raccoons, and porcupines that I have named and befriended as well! :D The mouse's name is Jerry.
Keep hunters far away! Deer that aren't afraid of humans quickly wind up on a table or in a freezer.
yes, I know.... my neighbor thanks me all the time for fattening the deer up for him.... then he chuckles! :eek: his grandpa owns 200 acres of woods right across the way, that he hunts in and an uncle owns another 1000 acres adjacent to his grandpa's, the deer likely live in his woods, where they do hunt come season.... my husband and I have asked him to please not kill Lady, she's our favorite and we've known her a few years...she has a marking of white on her chin, that stands out from all the rest, and he did say he would try to not shoot her.... yes, just a try..... :(

ok

You can use a live catch mouse trap... Walmart sell them online...
I have the no kill traps, for nearly a month now, and can not catch it..... I was wondering if there are any tricks to making those no kill traps, work?

You have one that you know of.

It's been there a month. You have more than one....

Get rid of that mouse as fast as you can. Trust me on this. One mouse just leads to more ,the mice outside can smell this one and will find a way in. Just because you have things in a plastic tote they are not safe, mice can chew through the steel on a grain bin, so plastic won't even slow it down. Use a kill trap because now this mouse will keep trying to get back into your home. Living on a farm my whole life I've been fighting mice and rats for over 50 years.
now you are scaring me! :eek:

Forum List

Back