I Have a single, one mouse Problem, and Need Help!

yes, the hubby got frustrated and bought those, but then he said that they were so sticky, mice could pull their feet off, trying to get off of them....

so that NIXED THAT....
At a big warehouse in Texas I worked at years ago, going by on a forklift I heard a crazy
noise coming from over in the seed department. So I jump off and head over -- there's a big white glue trap
hopping around and I saw the 8 inch long tail-- so I grab a cardboard box and a broom walking towards it going " please be a possum, please be a possum..." ( or is it an opossum ?). No. It wasn't an opossum. It was the biggest rat I ever saw
in my life to this day..( about the size of a 2 pound baby opossum I guess) ..long story short - I managed to get the thing into the box, taped it shut and tossed it in the dumpster. ( I'm guessing it probably made it out somehow)
I still get creepy Willard chills thinking about that.

Last edited:
A sticky trap won't kill him, but the glue is so strong till you'll probably pull his legs off to get him away from the trap. Have you considered one of those ultrasonic pest repellers? It might give headaches to your cat or any young girls that might be around, though. It's a mouse. Just kill him.
i just can't kill him or her, not after my experience of watching the mama mouse care for her young, a few years back.... can not do it.... :(

IS THERE A WAY or trick, to getting the humane, no kill traps to work?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BMTWQCY/?tag=ff0d01-20

there is a video to show you how.

Mice are vermin and carry a variety of diseases for you, hubby and your kitty.
Just to name a few:
Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
Hemorrhagic Fever with Renal Syndrome
Lassa Fever
Leptospirosis
Lymphocytic Chorio-meningitis (LCM)
Omsk Hemorrhagic Fever
Plague
Rat-Bite Fever
Salmonellosis

Time to think with your head and not your heart....

the only thing mice are good for is for scientists to experiment on

I also have wild deer friends that I've named and come every day at dusk to see me, Lady, her baby, the Tramp, and Blackface, and Big nose, and Pretty Face, and a wild skunk that I have known since he was a runt, baby....now maybe 4 years old that comes to visit near every day, except in winter.... his name is Put Em Up, PEU for short, and squirrels and chipmunks and raccoons, and porcupines that I have named and befriended as well! :D The mouse's name is Jerry.

A sticky trap won't kill him, but the glue is so strong till you'll probably pull his legs off to get him away from the trap. Have you considered one of those ultrasonic pest repellers? It might give headaches to your cat or any young girls that might be around, though. It's a mouse. Just kill him.
i just can't kill him or her, not after my experience of watching the mama mouse care for her young, a few years back.... can not do it.... :(

IS THERE A WAY or trick, to getting the humane, no kill traps to work?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BMTWQCY/?tag=ff0d01-20

there is a video to show you how.
THANK YOU! will watch!

yes, the hubby got frustrated and bought those, but then he said that they were so sticky, mice could pull their feet off, trying to get off of them....

so that NIXED THAT....
At a big warehouse in Texas I worked at years ago, going by on a forklift I heard a crazy
noise coming from over in the seed department. So I jump off and head over -- there's a big white glue trap
hopping around and I saw the tail 8 inch long tail-- so I grab a cardboard box and a broom walking towards it going " please be a possum, please be a possum..." ( or is it an opossum ?). No. It wasn't an opossum. It was the biggest rat I ever saw
in my life to this day..( about the size of a 2 pound baby opossum I guess) ..long story short - I managed to get the thing into the box, taped it shut and tossed it in the dumpster.
I still get creepy Willard chills thinking about that.
Shot one that big once down by the Delaware River.

OK. You've named the mouse. He is your pal. Soon you will not have a single mouse problem. Your choice.

I also have wild deer friends that I've named and come every day at dusk to see me, Lady, her baby, the Tramp, and Blackface, and Big nose, and Pretty Face, and a wild skunk that I have known since he was a runt, baby....now maybe 4 years old that comes to visit near every day, except in winter.... his name is Put Em Up, PEU for short, and squirrels and chipmunks and raccoons, and porcupines that I have named and befriended as well! :D The mouse's name is Jerry.
Keep hunters far away! Deer that aren't afraid of humans quickly wind up on a table or in a freezer.

Mice do mostly seem to be just one of nature's ways of feeding carnivores.

I used to be all about not hurting the poor little mice in my house. Before long there were mouse turds on the kitchen counter every morning. Mouse traps didn't catch them all so I used poison. That didn't do the trick so I started feeding the feral cats. They hang around and kill the mice outside before they come inside (or come back inside).
there is no way for the mice to get in here unless brought in by the kitty, we don't really live near other houses either, they are field mice around here and I only have this one mouse, there have been no sign of mouse turds anywhere yet... so he or she must be doing it in the cellar or wall it is living in.... yuk! it must have been a baby mouse or male, because there were and are, no other mice, but the one mouse.... thoroughly enjoying the warmth inside it seems.... and outsmarting my cat....I just can't kill it.... maybe Matt could, without telling me... I'm gonna take the info Penelope gave me and see if I can get these no kill traps to work....

ok

Let me begin by saying, I have a kitty cat, who my husband and I love dearly! She was a stray, that found us and picked us, to be her caretaker, or chose us, to be her slaves.... :)

the lord only knows where she came from...? We have several thousands of acres of forest that surrounds us and neighborhood with maybe 10 to 15 homes in the whole area, two others on our dirt road and immediate area.....

Someone likely dropped her off and dumped her, the only other option is there is a Lobsterman, that has a whole compound of buildings and barns on his property that sits back in, and off the road, about a quarter of a mile away that we have seen a whole bunch of different cats lounging in the sun near the road... maybe she came from there?

Well, my kitty LOVES field mice (and shrimp)(and rabbit).... the shrimp in Maine are tiny, popcorn sized shrimp, not like Florida where I used to Shrimp off a bridge near the condo I lived in, and could catch almost colossal sized shrimp right off the bridge at night! Yummy! But if she is from the Lobsterman's house down the road, then him giving the dregs of his fishing to all of his barn cats, would make some sense to her loving them....

Any way, we broke her from catching the field mice and eating the mice a few years back, thank God! But then she changed to just catching the field mice and then bringing them home, (through a window that she jumps to so to get back in if 'mommy kitty', moi, is not paying attention and checking the door for her majesty, that I usually leave opened, when she is outside in the summer....)

Well, all other mice brought in, the hubby and kitty work together to corner it, catch it, and then hubby releases it in to the wood pile away from the house.... a typical routine....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

She brought a mouse in, when I was not looking, the end of summer.... had to be summer, because I clearly had the window opened.... for her to bring it in, maybe I was taking a nap, or in the shower? I don't know?

Anyway, we could not figure out why she kept sitting in front of the pantry closet, for hours at a time, for weeks... the pantry closet with shelves we put in, is in Matt's mancave right off the kitchen, so I wrote it off to her just wanting to be near 'daddy kitty' when he was home from work??? stupid stupid me!

So Matt finally decided, something was wrong, can't remember what triggered him? But decided to take everything out of the pantry, and low and behold, on the ground, under the shelving, a mouse had a nice comfy bed made out of its of torn cardboard. What a CHORE and Nightmare, we had to go through everything, look for holes or openings to anything packaged and threw out half the pantry goods, just to be safe... the mouse likes pasta! and bit in to a beef broth carton for his liquid....

So Matt cleared out completely the nest and disinfected the pantry floor and all the scuzzy things that husbands are good for.... :D

The mouse was never found.

HOWEVER, the bathroom off the mancave is where I have heard him... turns out, he fled to the cement enclosed crawl space below the house... he got in to the wall and flooring and crawl space by going through a tiny hole that the water pipes for our radiant heat, that come up from the crawl space, the heating unit is down there, plus the heating oil tank and water pump.... it's probably 3 and a half feet high down there.... we use it as storage....

I don't know what the mouse is eating now? we put everything in big plastic storage.

HOW CAN WE CATCH THE MOUSE WITHOUT KILLING THE MOUSE?
I had a mouse in the house last winter. I let him keep warm. He left on his own in the spring. I used to have a couple pet mice. They make great pets. One used to like sleeping on my chest when I'd lay down.

New Topics

Forum List

Back