I Have a single, one mouse Problem, and Need Help!

Why in the world would fret over killing a mouse?

It's a filthy rat! Kill the nasty thing!

Me. I don't like killing anything. The mice are much more afraid of you than you are of them. They only do what comes naturally to them and follow their instincts. There are humane traps that you can use.

We have a creek nearby and Muskrats, which look like rats but with a chubbier look to them.... they are hunted here in Maine.... don't know if it is actually for eating, or for their fur? It probably is 2 lbs.... when I thought it was a rat, I asked my neighbor about it, who is always offering up his gun, to get rid of any verminous creatures or nuisances, like my skunk, of which I told him was my pet, and hell no did I want him to kill it..... I am grateful for him taking care of a pack of coyote that were showing no fear of humans and encroaching our properties near daily... he has a little girl, that they began approaching near daily and he simply 'took care of them'....

anyway, I wanted him to take care of this rat I kept seeing by this vernal pool/creek area, and he was going to do such, but later told me it was a Muskrat, and I didn't need to worry about it being a rat.....
Food for the snakes, gators and snapping turtles down here.
One of my buddies likes to go spear-fishing those big aligator gar fish down in southern Texas .
alligator-gar-16.jpg

Why in the world would fret over killing a mouse?

It's a filthy rat! Kill the nasty thing!

Me. I don't like killing anything. The mice are much more afraid of you than you are of them. They only do what comes naturally to them and follow their instincts. There are humane traps that you can use.
Make one out of a regular trap, an old soup can, and mesh wire. Trap will close, mesh wire will close mouse into the can. Used to trap barn mice this way to use as bait to trap fox.

Sheeeeesh….. all the post-apoc novels say 90% of Americans will die when the society-ending event occurs --- because they are too sentimental and clueless to be able to kill ANYTHING, either for defense or to eat.

I believe it.

Sheeeeesh….. all the post-apoc novels say 90% of Americans will die when the society-ending event occurs --- because they are too sentimental and clueless to be able to kill ANYTHING, either for defense or to eat.

I believe it.

I'm really bad that way. I hate spiders but I feel sorry for them if I kill them, so I try to put them outside without killing them. Can't help it. :( I feel like, unless I need it for food or whatever, it is not right to kill any creature. My boyfriend and my cousin are both hunters though. While I wouldn't hunt myself (because it would bother me), I don't hold it against them for hunting. They eat the meat, so it is not just killing for the sake of killing.

I believe it.
Anyone who spends their time reading post-apocolyptic novels
will believe just about anything won't they ?

HOW CAN WE CATCH THE MOUSE WITHOUT KILLING THE MOUSE?
Use one of those "GLUE PADS" then just chuck him out in the snow...or keep him on the mantle and feed him from time to time...j/k...have no clue what to do with a mouse you're afraid to hurt, I live in an area with field mice and the only folks who have them in their home are the ones who don't have a cat, some of them go int their kitchens at night and turn on the light and it looks like a rodent jailbreak...don't like cats but where I live they are a necessary pain in the butt.

I believe it.
It's funny that you say that.... the hubby and I have often said, well if the sh*t hits the fan, we have plenty of animals around here to eat... then we spend the next 2 hours arguing over who would kill it, and who would skin it and process it.... neither of us, want to do either..... we are DOOMED! though we could always have my neighbor do it and find something to barter with him, for him to do it! :lol:

I believe it.
It's funny that you say that.... the hubby and I have often said, well if the sh*t hits the fan, we have plenty of animals around here to eat... then we spend the next 2 hours arguing over who would kill it, and who would skin it and process it.... neither of us, want to do either..... we are DOOMED! though we could always have my neighbor do it and find something to barter with him, for him to do it! :lol:

Eat it. Watch the Canadian spoof "never Cry wolf." What a riot. Honest

Never Cry Wolf (film) - Wikipedia

We have a creek nearby and Muskrats, which look like rats but with a chubbier look to them.... they are hunted here in Maine.... don't know if it is actually for eating, or for their fur? It probably is 2 lbs.... when I thought it was a rat, I asked my neighbor about it, who is always offering up his gun, to get rid of any verminous creatures or nuisances, like my skunk, of which I told him was my pet, and hell no did I want him to kill it..... I am grateful for him taking care of a pack of coyote that were showing no fear of humans and encroaching our properties near daily... he has a little girl, that they began approaching near daily and he simply 'took care of them'....

anyway, I wanted him to take care of this rat I kept seeing by this vernal pool/creek area, and he was going to do such, but later told me it was a Muskrat, and I didn't need to worry about it being a rat.....
Food for the snakes, gators and snapping turtles down here.
One of my buddies likes to go spear-fishing those big aligator gar fish down in southern Texas .
alligator-gar-16.jpg
oh my goodness!!! :eek:

Use one of those "GLUE PADS" then just chuck him out in the snow...or keep him on the mantle and feed him from time to time...j/k...have no clue what to do with a mouse you're afraid to hurt, I live in an area with field mice and the only folks who have them in their home are the ones who don't have a cat, some of them go int their kitchens at night and turn on the light and it looks like a rodent jailbreak...don't like cats but where I live they are a necessary pain in the butt.
Have fun when this happens though.:71:
img.jpg

Have fun when this happens though.:71:
img.jpg
That would be fun wouldn't it?...where the heck do you find a glue pad that size? that's for catching Kangaroos not mice.

I have a cat, and SHE IS THE ONE who brought the mouse inside...... sigh...

There are many mouse traps that are "humane".... but the question arises as to "what now?" If you catch one.
What do you do with it?
Field mice, and household mice are territorial. They roam very little away from where they were born, a female mice may never get farther from it's birth place than 30 or 40 yards.
Take a mouse out of it's territory and it will not do very well. They spend fair weather periods gathering and storing food, remove it and it not only has no shelter, but will likely starve/freeze to death. If it is male, it will likely be attacked by other males in the area also.

The fact is. It is more humane to kill them, than to catch and try to relocate them.

I have a cat, and SHE IS THE ONE who brought the mouse inside...... sigh...
Wow...I told ya they were a pain in the butt, so this cat first found a mouse and then found it a home?...it may need a psychiatrist.

Forum List

Back