I have a few questions for liberals on immigration

K9Buck

Platinum Member
Dec 25, 2009
Should America have immigration laws and, if so, what should they be? And then, should they be enforced?

I hear many liberals claim that they don't support open borders but then object to anyone being deported. It seems to me that liberals don't have America to have an immigration policy nor a border.

Should America have immigration laws and, if so, what should they be? And then, should they be enforced?

I hear many liberals claim that they don't support open borders but then object to anyone being deported. It seems to me that liberals don't have America to have an immigration policy nor a border.

1. Yes.
2. 1 million people per year on a first come, first serve. Doesn't matter race.
3 I believe in a border! ;) I just don't think children and people escaping war zones should be expected to return to hell. We need to show morality.

Who are these liberals you speak of hearing and where did you hear them?
The whole premise of your position is an opinion, not a fact...Your subjugation is lacking...

I don't have a problem with deportation. I just think it is heartless to go after otherwise law abiding families. We can't deport them all because that would cost too much, so why not concentrate on the crooks first?

• Banned

The whole premise of your position is an opinion, not a fact...Your subjugation is lacking...

Yea, that's why the nation is littered with sanctuary cities. Remember when Obama said that "We are a nation of laws?" LOL.

• Banned
I don't have a problem with deportation. I just think it is heartless to go after otherwise law abiding families. We can't deport them all because that would cost too much, so why not concentrate on the crooks first?

So anyone who is in America illegally should be permitted to remain if they haven't broken a law?

The Sanctuary City issue just proves to everyone that the Corrupt Democratic Party values illegal alien criminals over American Citizens.

Yea, that's why the nation is littered with sanctuary cities. Remember when Obama said that "We are a nation of laws?" LOL.
Sanctuary cities began when Reagan was president, he didn't do anything about it, nobody has until Trump...

I think the U.S. is the greatest nation in the world
We are a nation of opportunity

That opportunity used to be available to Mexican immigrants. We depended on that labor and allowed Mexicans to move back and forth as necessary

Then the racists took hold...we don't want Mexicans
They raised the bar for official immigration and started building walls

That opportunity used to be available to Mexican immigrants. We depended on that labor and allowed Mexicans to move back and forth as necessary

That's wonderful, but you didn't answer any of my questions. Simple question. Should we have immigration laws?

Sanctuary cities began when Reagan was president, he didn't do anything about it, nobody has until Trump...

A point not in dispute.

My point stands. Liberals don't support immigration laws nor deportation of even illegals that have committed crimes here.

A point not in dispute.

My point stands. Liberals don't support immigration laws nor deportation of even illegals that have committed crimes here.
Prove that this liberal doesn't..

As a group, liberals do NOT. Hence, my question, should we have immigration laws or should we simply stop issuing visas, eradicate border controls, eliminate the border patrol and ICE and just let it be a free-for-all? It's apparent that liberal America wants the latter.

A point not in dispute.

Prove that this liberal doesn't..

As a group, liberals do NOT. Hence, my question, should we have immigration laws or should we simply stop issuing visas, eradicate border controls, eliminate the border patrol and ICE and just let it be a free-for-all? It's apparent that liberal America wants the latter.
You have yet to show anything that helps to support your hypothesis besides opinion and opinion is not fact or a true statement..You are creating a logical fallacy called syllogistic fallacy of basing your premise on a negative opinion without fact....

That's wonderful, but you didn't answer any of my questions. Simple question. Should we have immigration laws?
Sure

We should also have reasonable policies towards those who break them

1. Yes.
2. 1 million people per year on a first come, first serve. Doesn't matter race.
3 I believe in a border! ;) I just don't think children and people escaping war zones should be expected to return to hell. We need to show morality.

1. Thank you.

2. What about criminal records, what about cultural differences? What about communicable diseases? What about education level? What about wealth? What about IQ? What about age? What about the fact that we have been having huge immigration for quite some time?

3. And there you just shit canned your 1 million a year point, and any other requirements.

I don't support open borders and don't object to select people being deported, just not everyone. Anyone who has a criminal record (beyond speeding tickets) gets the boot. If you're not in school or don't have a job you get the boot.

I think the US NEEDS immigrants and think those who risked everything to enter this country and have proved themselves to be law-abiding and productive should get a chance to stay. They are generally the kind of Americans we want. Everyone, regardless of social class, ethnicity, or religion is capable of contributing and should be treated the same.

I don't support open borders and don't object to select people being deported, just not everyone. Anyone who has a criminal record (beyond speeding tickets) gets the boot. If you're not in school or don't have a job you get the boot.

I think the US NEEDS immigrants and think those who risked everything to enter this country and have proved themselves to be law-abiding and productive should get a chance to stay. They are generally the kind of Americans we want. Everyone, regardless of social class, ethnicity, or religion is capable of contributing and should be treated the same.

So are you saying that illegals get to cut to the front of the line over others who are actually following the lawful process?

Forum List

Back