I have a confession to make.

Such elitist comments! Whatever works, nothing wrong with some positive stuff in a world that kills so many.

I'm happy in spite of infinity. "Cosmology shows that we might well be living in an infinite universe that contains infinitely many happy and sad people. Given some assumptions, aggregative ethics implies that such a world contains an infinite amount of positive value and an infinite amount of negative value. But you can presumably do only a finite amount of good or bad. Since an infinite cardinal quantity is unchanged by the addition or subtraction of a finite quantity, it looks as though you can’t change the total value of the world. Aggregative consequentialism (and many other important ethical theories) are threatened by total paralysis. We explore a variety of potential cures, and discover that none works perfectly and all have serious side-effects. Is aggregative ethics doomed?" Nick Bostrom

Such elitist comments! Whatever works, nothing wrong with some positive stuff in a world that kills so many.

I'm happy in spite of infinity. "Cosmology shows that we might well be living in an infinite universe that contains infinitely many happy and sad people. Given some assumptions, aggregative ethics implies that such a world contains an infinite amount of positive value and an infinite amount of negative value. But you can presumably do only a finite amount of good or bad. Since an infinite cardinal quantity is unchanged by the addition or subtraction of a finite quantity, it looks as though you can’t change the total value of the world. Aggregative consequentialism (and many other important ethical theories) are threatened by total paralysis. We explore a variety of potential cures, and discover that none works perfectly and all have serious side-effects. Is aggregative ethics doomed?" Nick Bostrom

Are you a progressive nitwit posing as a liberal? I ask because pissing on somebody else's parade is one of the signs of that affliction. Please say it ain't so?

:cool:

and you do see the irony here don't you? (failure to do this is another sign)

I like how real the posters are on this forum, it's refreshing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm starting to like people here and that is not always a good thing for me or you. I'm getting so uncomfortable I'm thinking of calling up Dr. Phil. anyone have his number handy?

You didn't get the memo? We all work for Dick Cheney. Resistance is futile.

I like some of the people on here too and in general I try not to like people lol.

As far as Dr. Phil the show is funny I personally record it. He has some good advice and anyone who had him as a psychologist personally and not nationally would be in good hands in my opinion. He always recommends good psychologists in the guests area so in my opinion his work is done.

HOWS IT WORKIN FOR YA?

Are you a progressive nitwit posing as a liberal? I ask because pissing on somebody else's parade is one of the signs of that affliction.

Jeez, I ain't even sure wat dem things is nor when one becomes one. you all needs to keep us enlightened so we all dont stray down da wrong paths. hold on whiles i looked up irony.....

I'll say Phil. Beneath his professional pretensions, he remains a stupid redneck.

o hell no...dont be pushing his ass off on rednecks....

you know how he goes on about owning up to stuff...i wonder if he has ever repaid the investors that lost money in his "health clubs"...you do realize he no longer can practice...tsk tsk tsk

Forum List

Back