I hadn't realized Congress declared war against Syria

We didn't declare war? Ah well, Constitution smonstitution...I'm sure our dear leaders know what's best...

The U.S. will send two batteries of Patriot missiles and 400 troops to Turkey as part of a NATO force meant to protect Turkish territory from potential Syrian missile attack

Pentagon to send missiles, 400 troops to Turkey - Yahoo! News

We’ve had bases and have been sending troops to Korea since the 50s, also an undeclared ‘war.’

Do you oppose that and similar actions as well?

Did you ask the same questions of republican presidents who took military action absent an official declaration of war by Congress?

It’s more likely your ‘concern’ over troops being sent to a base in Turkey has nothing to do with the Constitution and everything to do with the president’s party affiliation.

So, you're not against Obama's and Hillary's war-mongering about Syria.

Quelle surprise.

Same goes for you, dweeb.

Please tell us which ones in the list I posted were declared acts of war, and please tell us with a straight face you got your panties in a bunch each time one of those military actions occurred on the President's authority alone.

Tell us with a straight face you got your panties in a bunch each time a President, as Commander-in-Chief, has moved military resources around in order to be prepared for any contingency.

Almost all of them, asswipe.

But you *heart* Obama, so his war-mongering is A-OK.

Then you’re very much alone among your fellow rightists, the majority of whom gave GWB a pass on his egregious war-mongering, along with that of previous republican presidents who took similar military action.

We didn't declare war? Ah well, Constitution smonstitution...I'm sure our dear leaders know what's best...

The U.S. will send two batteries of Patriot missiles and 400 troops to Turkey as part of a NATO force meant to protect Turkish territory from potential Syrian missile attack

We’ve had bases and have been sending troops to Korea since the 50s, also an undeclared ‘war.’

Do you oppose that and similar actions as well?

I oppose the fact that Congress didn't declare war.

Did you ask the same questions of republican presidents who took military action absent an official declaration of war by Congress?

You bet I did. As did every libertarian I know.

It’s more likely your ‘concern’ over troops being sent to a base in Turkey has nothing to do with the Constitution and everything to do with the president’s party affiliation.

Not true. I stand firmly against undeclared wars regardless of which party perpetrates the action.

turkey is a member of nato and we already have an Air Base there.

Do you mean the USAFB located just outside Adana Turkey?

turkey is a member of nato and we already have an Air Base there.

UK hosts Naval command.
Germany hosts Air command.
Turkey hosts Land command.

In Turkey, there's also NATO's X-band radar in Kürecik.
And Incirlik, which acts as logistical-base and which hosts nuclear-weapons as part of NATO's nuclear-sharing agreement.

NATO establishes Allied Land Command in Izmir, Turkey
The Allied Land Command is the result of the decision made during the Lisbon Conference in 2010 to transform the NATO command and force structures. The new command structure is designed to be more efficient and effective. The Alliance will maintain their levels of ambition. The command structure will consolidate eleven commands into six, including two Joint Force Commands, Air Command, Land Command, Maritime Command, and a Communication and Information Systems Group.
DVIDS - News - NATO establishes Allied Land Command in Izmir, Turkey

The Allied Land Command is responsible for ensuring readiness of NATO forces, conducting land operations and synchronizing land force command and control.
NATO Allied Land Command activating next week in Turkey - News - Stripes

Always give, give from Afghanistan to Kosovo.
If Obama does not give something back, he can take his nuclear-weapons and his NATO and move it into one of the "stable" countries surrounding us.

natol.png

Cuban missile crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jupiter missiles with nuclear warheads.
By risking nuclear-destruction from the Soviets the USA rewarded Turkey by giving countries like Israel, Jordan the Free-Trade-Agreement with the USA (ability to export duty-free to biggest market), and putting Turkey's 2nd biggest export-market (Iraq) under UN-Sanctions.

jupiterw.jpg

76428e57bd.jpg

If you must go to Syria, wipeout the entire country. No person or building left standing. Takes about four weeks and then we go home. Give two weeks notice. End of story.

Forum List

Back