Dan Blather: BHO Wimped Out on Rice

tap4154

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2012
Surf City USA
On tonight's broadcast of MSNBC's "Rachel Maddow" show, guest Dan Rather was disappointed with President Obama after Susan Rice decided to withdraw herself from Secretary of State considerations. Rather said Obama talked tough, but didn't back it up.

"He indicated in his press conference just after the election -- he made a lot of tough talk, didn't back it up," Rather said. "So there are people who say, 'Listen, the kind of leader we want is one who will fight to the finish, never give in.' On the other hand, one could make the case that President Obama has said to himself, 'Yes, I could probably force this to a vote, and win the vote. But it would cost me down the road.'"

"But I think it raises very, very serious questions about what the president's second term is going to be," Rather added.

"Talk is cheap, it's what you do that counts," Rather said to a confused Maddow, who made the case that Obama had done enough.

Rather added that this shows Obama can be "rolled" by Republicans in the future.

"What has happened today plays into the perception, the perception that has been growing among the Republicans that, in street language, President Obama can be rolled for his wallet and his watch. He's not a guy that's going to put up much of a fight," Rather said.

Dan Rather On Obama And Susan Rice: "He Made A Lot Of Tough Talk, Didn't Back It Up" | RealClearPolitics

Obama sends her out to lie about Benghazi, destroying her reputation, then feigns outrage that Repubs are attacking her "only because of her race and gender", then he convinces her to withdraw her name from consideration for SoS to save him the hassle.

What a fucking POS, no-class/no-balls creep Barack Hussein Obama is!

Of the two, I think John Kerry would do a better job than Rice

Rice is not a dynamic speaker and lacks the intrnational cred of John Kerry

Well, Dan Rather believes if you're going to lie like Obamination go off the cliff lying like him.

He is still sueing CBS over those fake ANG documents against Bush, claiming they are legit. If CBS has given up trashing Bush....it shows Rather is insane.

Yep, Blather still maintains he wasn't passing fraudulent info in the Bush/TANG debacle. He's truly insane and in denial, but he is right about this matter. BHO is responsible from defaming Rice by using her to spread propaganda, then talked her into crawling under his bus with the rest of the crowd he has used, then discarded.

On tonight's broadcast of MSNBC's "Rachel Maddow" show, guest Dan Rather was disappointed with President Obama after Susan Rice decided to withdraw herself from Secretary of State considerations. Rather said Obama talked tough, but didn't back it up.

"He indicated in his press conference just after the election -- he made a lot of tough talk, didn't back it up," Rather said. "So there are people who say, 'Listen, the kind of leader we want is one who will fight to the finish, never give in.' On the other hand, one could make the case that President Obama has said to himself, 'Yes, I could probably force this to a vote, and win the vote. But it would cost me down the road.'"

"But I think it raises very, very serious questions about what the president's second term is going to be," Rather added.

"Talk is cheap, it's what you do that counts," Rather said to a confused Maddow, who made the case that Obama had done enough.

Rather added that this shows Obama can be "rolled" by Republicans in the future.

"What has happened today plays into the perception, the perception that has been growing among the Republicans that, in street language, President Obama can be rolled for his wallet and his watch. He's not a guy that's going to put up much of a fight," Rather said.

Dan Rather On Obama And Susan Rice: "He Made A Lot Of Tough Talk, Didn't Back It Up" | RealClearPolitics

Obama sends her out to lie about Benghazi, destroying her reputation, then feigns outrage that Repubs are attacking her "only because of her race and gender", then he convinces her to withdraw her name from consideration for SoS to save him the hassle.

Right on the money. Now everytime Benghazi is brought up he has the perfect scapegoat. No one ever said BO wasn't smart, too bad he's a fucking snake.

Kerry won't get it, either. Just like Rice, unless he shitcans a lot of his investments, he will be DQed out of the gate.

That Obama nominated the one and is talking of nominating the other sure validates Obama's claim to "change" the federal government's ways. :rolleyes:

Kerry won't get it, either. Just like Rice, unless he shitcans a lot of his investments, he will be DQed out of the gate.

That Obama nominated the one and is talking of nominating the other sure validates Obama's claim to "change" the federal government's ways. :rolleyes:

Kerry wants the job really bad and the GOP has already said they will not block the appointment

Kerry wants the job really bad and the GOP has already said they will not block the appointment
I bet Kerry wants the job. His and Ms. Heinz net investment income should increase exponentially. The GOP should block him and are wrong if they don't.

I bet Kerry wants the job. His and Ms. Heinz net investment income should increase exponentially. The GOP should block him and are wrong if they don't.

The GOP already traded in that chip to block the appointment of Rice

Care to explain why they can't block another nominee?

It is not in their best interest

The GOP is begging for the appointment of Kerry. It opens up a Senate seat and a chance for Scott Brown to win the special election to fill Kerrys seat

John F'n Ketchup will get the SecState job because many limp dick GOP Senators are his cocktail parties friends.

Someone needs to drag him through the mud to shame him over his ant-military comments on Vietnam and Iraq....in addition to saying dumb people have to work in the military.

He is still a piece of shit at the end of day no matter if he is SecState Ketchup.

Last edited:

The GOP is begging for the appointment of Kerry. It opens up a Senate seat and a chance for Scott Brown to win the special election to fill Kerrys seat

Just like yesterday you say one thing then deny it or can't prove it later.

You said. "they traded in that chip" as if they can't do it again.

Your after-thought on his Senate seat was just that...an after- thought

Try to keep up with your own party

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/30/u...d-john-kerry-for-secretary-of-state.html?_r=0

On Wednesday, Senator Susan Collins, the centrist Republican from Maine, piled on, saying after a meeting with Ms. Rice that she “would need to have additional information” before she could support Ms. Rice for secretary of state. Mr. Kerry, she added, “would be an excellent appointment and would be easily confirmed by his colleagues.” Senator Rob Portman of Ohio, speaking of Ms. Rice, said: “I think there are other good choices for secretary of state, better choices probably. I think Senator Kerry is one of them. He would have an easy time here.”

That chip

Last edited:

You misspelled Rather in your OP title. Idiot.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/30/u...d-john-kerry-for-secretary-of-state.html?_r=0

On Wednesday, Senator Susan Collins, the centrist Republican from Maine, piled on, saying after a meeting with Ms. Rice that she “would need to have additional information” before she could support Ms. Rice for secretary of state. Mr. Kerry, she added, “would be an excellent appointment and would be easily confirmed by his colleagues.” Senator Rob Portman of Ohio, speaking of Ms. Rice, said: “I think there are other good choices for secretary of state, better choices probably. I think Senator Kerry is one of them. He would have an easy time here.”

That chip

Hey dumbass did I say they woudln't like Kerry? No! I asked you why you said that they can't block another nominee.

Do it again today what you did yesterday. I love exposing you.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/30/u...d-john-kerry-for-secretary-of-state.html?_r=0[/QUOTE]

That chip

Hey dumbass did I say they woudln't like Kerry? No! I asked you why you said that they can't block another nominee.

Do it again today what you did yesterday. I love exposing you.

[/QUOTE]

Excuse me...I keep forgetting I am dealing with a child

The reason they can't is because they already said they wouldn't. They threw a hissy fit over Rice and said....pick Kerry....pick Kerry....we won't have any problems with Kerry

But technically, you are right. They can always turn around and block Kerry. But they will look like assholes. But since they are Republicans, that makes no difference does it?

Forum List

Back