I had accident

Another car hit me from behind. Lucky i wasn't on my bike or I likely would be injured. There is some damage to the back of my Hyundai. i was scared and angry but not hurt. Could have been worse.
Glad it wasn't worse for you. Getting rear-ended is annoying!

I've been rear ended before, which is why I started using my rearview mirrors a lot more. I've avoided at least two rear end collisions by doing so, one would have been pretty serious if I hadn't seen the moron's tires smoking as he stood on the brakes and pulled over to the shoulder out of his way.

The last time I got hit was by a high school kid in a beamer showing off for his buddies. I was driving a Ford 1 ton van. It bent my bumper up, but pushed the engine of the beamer halfway into the front seat. They went to the hospital; I went on home. This was during the time the commies were whining about well trucks stood up in accidents and started demanding they be made flimsier and more dangerous, typical idiot stuff they always dream up. I guess they got fed up with being terrified while driving around stoned and having to avoid hitting trucks.

Last edited:
Any second guessing on the size and quality of the Hyundai product?
Would a Chrysler New Yorker have been as damaged?
My Hyundai Accent is small. A larger vehicle such as the Genesis. Could take more impact i suppose.

Any second guessing on the size and quality of the Hyundai product?
Would a Chrysler New Yorker have been as damaged?

With all the plastic bumpers out there it probably would have still cost some major bucks to fix it.
The Wife had a 300c Mercedes and got rear ended by a Corolla. The Corolla was totaled....I just had to bend the 3/8 thick aluminium bumper on the Mercedes back about a 1/2 inch and it was good as new.

Another car hit me from behind. Lucky i wasn't on my bike or I likely would be injured. There is some damage to the back of my Hyundai. i was scared and angry but not hurt. Could have been worse.
Sorry to hear you got rear-ended. Hope you are okay. You can get your muscles in a pinch after a hard hit. If your muscles are hurting, you have my sympathy. I was hit years ago by a car whose attention was diverted by children in the car, and he was talking to them instead of paying attention to the red light corner in which he should have stopped. It never occurred to me that someone would hit my car who ran a red light, while I drove through the green light thinking it was safe to. A second later, Crunch! I didn't think I was hurt, either, but later, my muscles got all bound up, so they took me to the ER. Even with a muscle relaxant, I was still sore the next day. I went without a car for 6 months while my husband gave the job to the local driver training college, which put my car on a waiting list. Getting late here. Stay well, shoshi. Good evening. :bigbed:

Forum List

Back