I got old real fast today...

RWS

Gold Member
Sep 24, 2013
So I'm watching a wildlife documentary on PBS (sign #1), and it was REALLY interesting, about how wolves and coyotes can't mate, but there's this other canine that can breed with both. And therefore transfer genes from wolves to coyotes, and vice-versa... but anyway!

It ended.

Lawrence Welk came on.

And I didn't immediately shut it off.........

I actually sang along with 3 songs before I shut it off!!!

Should I just veer into oncoming traffic, or just take it as a sign I'm getting old, and get over it?!?

Coywolves...

... an interesting episode of the PBS program Nature...

... excellent viewing an' ya learn sumpin' too.

• Banned
UC, is that you?

But yes, it was very interesting, and explains a lot about how evolutionary traits can transfer from one species to another, without them needing to transfer directly. I would have made a post about that alone, but the Lawrence Welk part really shook me more! :)

So I'm watching a wildlife documentary on PBS (sign #1), and it was REALLY interesting, about how wolves and coyotes can't mate, but there's this other canine that can breed with both. And therefore transfer genes from wolves to coyotes, and vice-versa... but anyway!

It ended.

Lawrence Welk came on.

Should I just veer into oncoming traffic, or just take it as a sign I'm getting old, and get over it?!?

Abandon all hope, ye, who enter here.....

I'm laughing until I cry.

images

It ended.

Lawrence Welk came on.

wouldn't bother veering into traffic, just stop taking your meds.

It ended.

Lawrence Welk came on.

Abandon all hope, ye, who enter here.....

Thanks

Havent' heard the Happy Wanderer for years

(One of my moms favorite tunes)

Here's one of the songs I sang along with... jus sayin... it was this episode too!

I actually learned to play a polka song on the piano, because of Mr. Welk... So I recorded one while off my meds. I'll upload it once I find it. :)

It ended.

Lawrence Welk came on.

I watched that too and they are called coywolf's. Bigger than a coyote but smaller than a wolf. Only a Eastern Wolf can mate with a coyote and produce pups. Western Wolf, Mexican Wolf and Canadian Wolf do not produce pups when mated with a coyote.

Ok... don't laugh! I'm a piano player and when I got my new keyboards, I went through a phase where I was trying to learn many different styles that I couldn't do before. So here's my attempt at polka, and an original. I play all the instruments, including Mr Welk's accordion.

Feel safe to click it computer-wise... but maybe not for your ears! :)

Playing: Polka.mp3 - picosong

Ok... don't laugh! I'm a piano player and when I got my new keyboards, I went through a phase where I was trying to learn many different styles that I couldn't do before. So here's my attempt at polka, and an original. I play all the instruments, including Mr Welk's accordion.

I used to play the piano a long time ago. A dreadful chore when I was 9 but delightful when I was 14 when I wanted to play classical piano concertos. My piano teacher told me that I will never be able to do that but I proved her wrong.

It ended.

Lawrence Welk came on.

I watched that too and they are called coywolf's. Bigger than a coyote but smaller than a wolf. Only a Eastern Wolf can mate with a coyote and produce pups. Western Wolf, Mexican Wolf and Canadian Wolf do not produce pups when mated with a coyote.

Yes! I was completely fascinated with the idea. I live in Phoenix and see coyotes all the time, and I love wolves, and always wondered how they matured as separate species given that they're in direct conflict with each other. And how they separated. But they may not have needed to separate. They were brought closer together by another species that could interbreed. The Coywolf!

This plays into my other theories. And fyi it involves ET's... :)

It ended.

Lawrence Welk came on.

Around here the coyotes are disappearing cuz the wolves have them for breakfast.

I used to play the piano a long time ago. A dreadful chore when I was 9 but delightful when I was 14 when I wanted to play classical piano concertos. My piano teacher told me that I will never be able to do that but I proved her wrong.

Same here! I started with classical lessons at 5 years old. I hated it!!! I was forced to play piano underneath the threat of a belt coming down on me. Scales for 2 hours, classical music for 1 hour. Every day, 7 days a week, and my punishment was a belt.

After 3 years, I finally convinced my mother to stop the lessons. And then I learned the stuff that I really wanted to play!

FYI I don't blame my mother. I thank her profusely!!! I never would be able to play the way I do today, if not for her! Even though I absolutely hated it for 3 years....

I now have the ability to play anything I want.

I have two teenage daughters that have always wanted to learn how to play like me, and I have tried to teach them how to play, and given them professional teachers.

But the threat of the belt is necessary, which I will not do, in order for them to practice and learn the right way. Otherwise, distractions ruin everything. They're too old now to get fancy, but they're pretty good!

I started writing a new song a couple of days ago, and it is maybe a lullabye. It's kinda cute and i'm still working on it. I don't intend it to be a lullabye, but as I'm thinking of the lyrics as I go, it has to be.

Here are the lyrics for the chorus as I see them so far so I can sing with it:
Lullabies
Make crying eyes
Go beddie bye!

:)

That's terrible!!! So if I ever make a hit with it, I will show the original lyrics! But it sounds good right now.

Here's my rendition of Billy Joel's lullaby. One of my favs...

Playing: Goodnight My Angel.mp3 - picosong

Forum List

Back