I, for one, like fruitcake

I buy a couple of those Claxton fruit cake "bars" every year.....Like you I'm the only one that likes them.

s-l500.jpg

I used to buy a case of 12 when I deer hunted hard. Lop off a chunk about 3-4" wide, stick it in a baggie, and it would carry me from breakfast to supper.

i dont ...my mother started making her fruit cakes in june....wrapped in cheese cloth then soaked in rum...they were kick ass....fun of candied fruit...did i mention soaked in rum...

i miss her and her fruit cakes

i dont ...my mother started making her fruit cakes in june....wrapped in cheese cloth then soaked in rum...they were kick ass....fun of candied fruit...did i mention soaked in rum...

Sounds just like my grandmother's fruitcakes.

The only ass-whipping I ever got from her was when I got into her candied fruit when I was a little kid.....Boy was she pissed. She even ratted me out to my parents over that one. :laughing0301:

Yeah, thats how you do it.

I do not know why everybody always disses fruitcake.

Why? Why does everyone look down on fruitcake?
/——/ Me too. My family recipe is to take a toothpick and put holes in the top of the fruitcake then pour one shot of rum or bourbon slowly over the top every Sunday between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Keep it sealed in an airtight tin, like what those imported butter cookies come in. I guarantee no one will complain about your fruitcake again.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back