I don't understand this Trump/Syria/missile thing

I need the left to give me their side of the story and the right to give me their side of the story

What I do see is that there is enormous incentive for Assad’s enemies to stick a gas-carrot in front of America’s face so that the bills and body bags associated with removing a regional rival may all be sent west. And once our dead have done their work, what then? Assad is aligned against ISIS; a group that would never use gas owing to its unacceptably humane effects. They and/or al-nusra front would be his successors, not any laughably so-called moderates. So who are the ‘good guys’ in Syria? And how many dollars and dead should Americans invest in seating them? And what, besides gravesite bromides, will our people get back from the endeavor? The Dead Run Toward

:cuckoo: No Assad is not aligned with ISIS. His soldiers are liberating towns from ISIS.

Ir says against

I need the left to give me their side of the story and the right to give me their side of the story

What I do see is that there is enormous incentive for Assad’s enemies to stick a gas-carrot in front of America’s face so that the bills and body bags associated with removing a regional rival may all be sent west. And once our dead have done their work, what then? Assad is aligned against ISIS; a group that would never use gas owing to its unacceptably humane effects. They and/or al-nusra front would be his successors, not any laughably so-called moderates. So who are the ‘good guys’ in Syria? And how many dollars and dead should Americans invest in seating them? And what, besides gravesite bromides, will our people get back from the endeavor? The Dead Run Toward

:cuckoo: No Assad is not aligned with ISIS. His soldiers are liberating towns from ISIS.

Ir says against
\

I don't understand that, and I've been following this for about 2 years.

I'm not happy right now. Assad is in the right, the sunni bastards are in the wrong.

They hate just to hate, how many Christian children have been beheaded by "rebel militias" there?

Well over 100, more like 900

It's a no win. Assad's only slightly less screw ball as the ISIS fucks, and about as fucked up as the "friendly" rebels. None of them have the same values as American's. There's no winning in the ME so we should just get out ass out of that fire.

No one has anything solid as to information on actual damage done by millions of dollars worth of armaments? Has America merely advertised that its military is ineffective? Is the world to think the President is equally ineffective?

You speak out of both sides of your mouth.
And who made the deal? That's right the O administration did. They were responsible for seeing they followed through. No one else. When you make a deal with the devil, one must know the devil lies.
Really? Did you tell that to Obama and the UN?
U.N. report: Assad again used chemical weapons, defying Obama
But what about us middle people? Assad gasses and bombs his own people. Is that tolerable? I Know, we are dealing with the devil when it comes to the middle eastern Muslims leaders, there is no WIN-WIN situation here.
DO you believe a liar like trump? Assad had no reason to commit political suicide by using chemicals on the rebels. This thing stinks and is a grim reminder of just how republicans lie to gain our sympathy in order to attack sovereign nations on trumped up allegations. Here we go with that WMD spin again...

That doesn't mean he used chemical weapons this time. BTW wasn't it the Russians who took responsibility for insuring that Assad got rid of his chemical weapons?
Why would Assad embarrass his ally by using chemical weapons knowing that Putin would appear to be incompetent or complicit. Hmmm Did any one see Tom Cruise and his IMF team in the area?

P

And why should Obama risk impeachment from a hostile congress who turned down his request to enforce the chemical ban violation? Obama didn't have the convenience of a conciliatory congress like Trump does. So when congress shirked their responsibility Obama could have used executive privilige to accomplish the mission...but he was wise not to at that time. Americas were sick of war and he would have been vilified.

Last edited:
But what about us middle people? Assad gasses and bombs his own people. Is that tolerable? I Know, we are dealing with the devil when it comes to the middle eastern Muslims leaders, there is no WIN-WIN situation here.
DO you believe a liar like trump? Assad had no reason to commit political suicide by using chemicals on the rebels. This thing stinks and is a grim reminder of just how republicans lie to gain our sympathy in order to attack sovereign nations on trumped up allegations. Here we go with that WMD spin again...

That doesn't mean he used chemical weapons this time. BTW wasn't it the Russians who took responsibility for insuring that Assad got rid of his chemical weapons?
Why would Assad embarrass his ally by using chemical weapons knowing that Putin would appear to be incompetent or complicit. Hmmm Did any one see Tom Cruise and his IMF team in the area?

P
Assad only uses chemical weapons if a democrat is president of the US. He NEVER uses them though if a Republican is in office.
know you are being satirical but there is more to this than meets the eye.

P
Insuring = insurance

Ensuring = this is the right word.
Well, heh heh heh, either spelling can be used in my narrative above. It doesn't change the meaning all that much. Russia will have to pay some international price for failing to ensure their assurance of the removal of Assad's chemical munitions.

It's a no win. Assad's only slightly less screw ball as the ISIS fucks, and about as fucked up as the "friendly" rebels. None of them have the same values as American's. There's no winning in the ME so we should just get out ass out of that fire.

Get our ass out of there and piss off the MIC ? (unless you already have another place lined up to spread Democracy too)
Because I believe the Revelation and see what the Vatican is planning, I'm accused of believing "fairy tales".

America has been believing in "fairy tales" all my life long.
Like the "fairy tale" that USA was justified in "defending freedom" in Korea back in the 50's
Like the "fairy tale" that USA was justified/right in "defending freedom" in Vietnam as far back as the 50's.
Like the "fairy tale" that USA really helped Angola ..... where John Stockwell served the CIA
Like the "fairy tale" that USA is justified in war-making anywhere in the world that the CIA claims needs our "Democracy" and leadership real bad.

VwtTLVu.png

vj4MF9c.png

P
Assad only uses chemical weapons if a democrat is president of the US. He NEVER uses them though if a Republican is in office.
know you are being satirical but there is more to this than meets the eye.
Riiiiight. Thanks for the heads up, conspiracy weirdo. :laugh:

The Right, selfish loudmouthed sissyboy flagwavers, wants to act tough with the lives of dispossessed Americans while their girlyman sons never have to serve.
Most right wingers are in the south, which is where MOST of our military personnel come from. The right has more sons than anyone in the military.
If They Let the Rich Sit Out the War, Rednecks Are Yellow

Then a Yankee like Romney should man up and send his sons to fight Assad. We should reimburse him for the deluxe designer body bags all the pampered Preppy pipsqueaks will come back in.

Romney's youngest son is 36 years old. That's a little old for a soldier since I could have retired at age 37 after 20 years.

There doesn't seem to be clear evidence available on the 'net of what real damage was done. Where can it be found? Otherwise, it seems like very expensive effort for little result.

Huge results.

The entire Free World stood up and cheered after the bombs hit Syria. Even some hard left Democrats in Congress stood and cheered too!

Allow me to clarify; bombing planes and airport structure has uses, however bombing the airstrip itself (as I had said) is pointless. There are pilots up here who can land on a glacier or a lake; no runway is needed...

Wrong. You watch too many movies and TV.

Actually no movies, I live it. Alaska has the best bush pilots on the planet, they can land on damn near anything - because they have to, it's how most of the state gets their supplies. You know ski-planes? Those are an Alaska invention, by necessity. I posted a picture of that dirt island runway - that's a legit airport, our pilots land on that kind of shit all over the state. We have the largest small plane fleet in the world, largest sea plane base in the US, etc. Pilots and flying are a /huge/ deal up here.

I also posted the link about jets landing on that kind of shit, I guarantee you that our Alaska Air Force guys can land on some nasty shit. In the back yard here they actually practice super low altitude stuff, (they call them touch n go's.) They're practicing this shit on an artillery range with huge cargo jets. I don't know how smooth the path they're using is, but there's no runway out there. The roar of the engines when they take back off is amazing, you can feel it in your feet, shakes my whole house and they scream like they're going to blow up heh

Anyway, blowing up an airstrip is pointless, they just flatten out the craters and land on it - not ideal, but they can do it - and if they're anywhere as good at flying as our boys up here, it's not even much more than a few bumps I bet.

Anyway, blowing up an airstrip is pointless, they just flatten out the craters and land on it - not ideal, but they can do it - and if they're anywhere as good at flying as our boys up here, it's not even much more than a few bumps I bet.
The run ways weren't hit, from everything I've seen and heard. The targets were specific, mostly MIGS and the bunker they believe housed the chemicals. The Ruskies use the airfield too and are fighting ISIS. It was more of a message to not use those kinds of weapons. Even Russia backed off and said they do not support Assad unconditionally. It probably should have been done when they first crossed Obama's red line.

The run ways weren't hit, from everything I've seen and heard. The targets were specific, mostly MIGS and the bunker they believe housed the chemicals. The Ruskies use the airfield too and are fighting ISIS. It was more of a message to not use those kinds of weapons. Even Russia backed off and said they do not support Assad unconditionally. It probably should have been done when they first crossed Obama's red line.

It makes sense that Trump attacked Syria....send a strong message that we will not tolerate use of chemical warfare....what makes no sense is for Russia/Syria to do it....Assad was in a strong position but then he does something that is so stupid it makes no sense..........all we can surmise is the following...........he is very stupid, he totally underestimated Trump, or it is even possible it was not his decision to do it...perhaps some underling. Whatever....he is now on the target list and the likliehood of his departure is greater than ever...either by assasination or Russia going along with dumping him.

Russia is now between a rock and a hard place...to continue to support Assad makes them look complicit...by coming to an arrangement with America and dumping him will put them in a better light....Assad will have to go...I say it will be rather soon.

Trump’s U.N. envoy says ouster of al-Assad is a priority of U.S.

Meanwhile back at the ranch where plans are being made to deal with the actual threat to America...................American Flotilla headed for Korea...........https://hw.infowars.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/12-4-15-NATO-warships.jpg

U.S. Navy strike group to move toward Korean peninsula: U.S. official

Last edited:
The Right, selfish loudmouthed sissyboy flagwavers, wants to act tough with the lives of dispossessed Americans while their girlyman sons never have to serve.
Most right wingers are in the south, which is where MOST of our military personnel come from. The right has more sons than anyone in the military.

Then a Yankee like Romney should man up and send his sons to fight Assad. We should reimburse him for the deluxe designer body bags all the pampered Preppy pipsqueaks will come back in.
Do Romney's sons have a say in this, or are we just going to force them to join the military since their dad once ran for POTUS?
The Yellow Yell, and Hollow Fools Follow

Another slavish bootlicker who preaches that we should be proud to die taking a rich kid's place. The pro-war sons of pro-war politicians better fight or patriots must strip them of their rank. As for the Wonderful Willard himself, his way of bravely fighting the Communists was to peddle the Book of Mormon to the French.
In other words, you cant answer the question. I didn't think you could. Maybe next time you'll think before you say something stupid like, "he should make his sons go to war".
"Do As I Say, Not As I Do"? No. Instead, Make Every Dynasty Die Nasty.

You want us to proud to die taking a rich boy's place? That is the lowest form of unAmerican treason. Those who order us around better tell their sons the same things they tell us, not only to fight the wars the patricians start, but to work their way through college instead of living off an allowance. Most will drop out and be forced to join the "volunteer" army, which is actually an economic draft.

Do Romney's sons have a say in this, or are we just going to force them to join the military since their dad once ran for POTUS?
The Yellow Yell, and Hollow Fools Follow

Another slavish bootlicker who preaches that we should be proud to die taking a rich kid's place. The pro-war sons of pro-war politicians better fight or patriots must strip them of their rank. As for the Wonderful Willard himself, his way of bravely fighting the Communists was to peddle the Book of Mormon to the French.
In other words, you cant answer the question. I didn't think you could. Maybe next time you'll think before you say something stupid like, "he should make his sons go to war".
"Do As I Say, Not As I Do"? No. Instead, Make Every Dynasty Die Nasty.

You want us to proud to die taking a rich boy's place? That is the lowest form of unAmerican treason. Those who order us around better tell their sons the same things they tell us, not only to fight the wars the patricians start, but to work their way through college instead of living off an allowance. Most will drop out and be forced to join the "volunteer" army, which is actually an economic draft.
Its not about taking someones place. You either want to join or you dont. Did YOU serve? I did, but i dont remember anyone holding a gun to my head and telling me "some rich kid doesnt want to join, so youre taking his place".

Stop lying.

“The landing strip ... is practically not impacted,” he added. Footage showed the runway intact but covered in debris, as well as two planes sitting in concrete hangars.

The aircraft were apparently not heavily damaged while some other hangars were charred and surrounded by rubble.
Russia to help Syria after US missile strike

View attachment 120847

That's your main problem. You think everything can be solved by sticking your head up your ass. Try something different for once.

Trying to be clever? You need a lot more practice peewee.

It's your head and your ass.

mmm hmmm.....liberals flail when they fail. You're flailing at this point. If you don't want people to see your stupidity, you might want to stop now.

Forum List

Back