I Don't Give a Damn About the Academy Awards

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Hollywood actors have a rather strange delusion these days. They actually think they're important. And they actually think we're going to see their movies. I just did a little survey. I asked friends and aquaintances of mine when they last saw a movie in a movie theater. The average answer was about 20 years ago. In my case, it was the Clint Eastwood/Sondra Locke movie Sudden Impact, which I saw in 1986.

And even that was in a drive-in theater - fee from audience people talking, free from cell phones ringing, free from sticky gum on the floor, free from small, cramped seats, and with lots of good refreshments brought from home, and the ability to adjust the movie sound.

The fact is, there re thousands of good movies available in the internet, DVD, and on TV. Movies have been made for over 100 years now. Few people have seen more than 10% of them. So do we really need more movies ? Not hardly.

If the media is going to fall all over themselves in reporting about awards, perhaps they ought to bypass the Hollywooders and show us awards given to police officers for special instances of heroism, bravery, and saving peoples' lives. Maybe awards of the same sort given to firefighters wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Then there's there's troops in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, South Korea, et al places. I'd much rather hear about them than a bunch of spoiled brat, OVERPAID narcissists, playing make believe. Carry on.

Couldn't agree more. I like a good movie but why watch their awards? Shouldn't even be televised. It should just be a private function for their industry.

Besides, Hollywood hasn't made a kick ass classic all time movie since the 40's!!

Hollywood actors have a rather strange delusion these days. They actually think they're important. And they actually think we're going to see their movies. I just did a little survey. I asked friends and aquaintances of mine when they last saw a movie in a movie theater. The average answer was about 20 years ago. In my case, it was the Clint Eastwood/Sondra Locke movie Sudden Impact, which I saw in 1986.

And even that was in a drive-in theater - fee from audience people talking, free from cell phones ringing, free from sticky gum on the floor, free from small, cramped seats, and with lots of good refreshments brought from home, and the ability to adjust the movie sound.

The fact is, there re thousands of good movies available in the internet, DVD, and on TV. Movies have been made for over 100 years now. Few people have seen more than 10% of them. So do we really need more movies ? Not hardly.

If the media is going to fall all over themselves in reporting about awards, perhaps they ought to bypass the Hollywooders and show us awards given to police officers for special instances of heroism, bravery, and saving peoples' lives. Maybe awards of the same sort given to firefighters wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Then there's there's troops in Iraq, Syria, Afghanistan, South Korea, et al places. I'd much rather hear about them than a bunch of spoiled brat, OVERPAID narcissists, playing make believe. Carry on.
tl;dr: old coot rages at cloud.

you are a relic, no one cares.

Well....good for you.

You just woke out of your drunken binge and figured this out?

The Oscars was a whole week ago !!!

Most awards:

La La Land (musical) - 6

Moonlight (black youth issues) - 3

Manchester By The Sea (single parenthood) - 2

I just now saw country singers Luke Bryan and Dierks Bentley on the Entertainment Tonight show and since they will be hosting the Academy Of Country Music Awards show on April 2nd, they were asked what would happen if there was a mix up on their show like the one that took place at the Oscars. They couldn't have been more laid back about it which is one of the many things that I love about country music. The people of the Oscars acted like it was the end of their world as they knew it.

God bless you and Luke and Dierks always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back