I don't get the Democrats, Republicans, or Libertarians!

I am quickly discovering, I am a man without a party. Oh, I very much am aware that I'm a constitutional conservative, but there simply doesn't seem to be any political party that viewpoint fits with anymore. Certainly it's not the Democrats, who have essentially become Marxists, Maoists and Communists. These people have become rabid sociopaths and narcissists, full of hubris and unshakable in their determination to never compromise. I don't know what their ultimate goal and objective is, honestly. I guess it's to push us into a state of civil war, whereby they believe their side will ultimately prevail, killing off all opposition, and ushering in liberal utopia? Because it's certainly not a reasoned bipartisan approach at all. They get elected to power, and immediately start ramming their agenda down our throats like little dictators, without any regard for the law or the constitution, whatsoever. And it doesn't seem to matter how badly their ideas fail, they continue to push for more and more of the same. You try and have a reasoned debate with them here, and they just ridicule and hurl insults, refusing to be civil in any manner. I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime.

Then we have the Libertarians, who I happen to share many common viewpoints with, but these people tend to be whack jobs, who take everything to the most bizarre extremes, like the idea that we should just legalize heroin and disband our military entirely, and let society do whatever the hell it pleases, with no moral or ethical boundaries whatsoever. As with the left, you try to communicate with these people, and it's like talking to a brick wall. They are all about standing on their principles, and consequence be damned. Refusing to accept any other alternative than total and complete libertarianism, without consideration that 96% of the country aren't voting for libertarian government.

Finally, we have the glorious GOP... The Grand Old Party. Once was a time, I believed the Republicans were the party who represented my viewpoints the best, and I have been a fairly consistent supporter of the party in recent years. However, what I see today makes me absolutely sick at my stomach. The current crop of mealy-mouthed leaders, have simply abandoned every conservative principle for the sake of trying to cater to special interest groups and minorities, none of which are ever going to vote Republican, because they never have. They have bailed on illegal immigration, nationalized health care, defense, taxes... you name it, if Bohner can cave on it, he's proven he will. McCain and Graham are running around acting like New Age Democrats, lecturing the rest of the right on how we have to be this way now, or else there will be hell to pay come election time...but....it's not about politics, noooo!

I used to think I could vote for Chris Christie, but he has pretty much cooked his goose, trying to be a "moderate" and play both sides of the fence, whenever it's convenient. I thought for a while, maybe I could support Rubio, he seemed like the "future" of the GOP, but he sold out on the so-called "immigration" bill, which was just outright amnesty. I liked Ron Paul for a bit, until he went totally batty during the 2008 primaries. I like a lot of what Sarah Palin has to say, but I think the presidency is a bit over her head. I am never in my life, going to vote for another Bush, sorry Jeb. I'm down to Ted Cruz, who simply has no experience to speak of, and Rand Paul, who came from the seed of a nutball. So, I am thinking the Republican party might not be the answer.

I'm simply a man without a party at this time, and it's a bit frustrating, to say the least. I'm only reassured by the fact that I don't believe I am alone. I think a growing number of people who are like myself, are disillusioned and searching for an answer, but where is it?

2 points. Libertarians don't want to disband the military no idea where you got that from and 2. Anyone who thinks Dr Paul is crazy is just a mentally disturbed person themselves so. Oh and I am no libertarian I am well past that.

Dr. Paul is an absolute quack who would be locked in an institute if a member of his family ever requested to have him evaluated. It's just a simple fact.

Why do you hate the truth? typical statist.You are just another example of ya can't fix stupid.

No tricks. Just facts. I was responding to a claim. You fail. Your habit of pulling parts out of posts is not working for you. What is making you do that? Insecurity? Dishonesty?

Ahhh.. the "claim victory then deflect" gambit, another goldie oldie, can't wait to we get to the "I didn't really mean what I posted" stage. :popcorn:

I see you want the last word. Go ahead........take it.

I am quickly discovering, I am a man without a party. Oh, I very much am aware that I'm a constitutional conservative, but there simply doesn't seem to be any political party that viewpoint fits with anymore. Certainly it's not the Democrats, who have essentially become Marxists, Maoists and Communists. These people have become rabid sociopaths and narcissists, full of hubris and unshakable in their determination to never compromise. I don't know what their ultimate goal and objective is, honestly. I guess it's to push us into a state of civil war, whereby they believe their side will ultimately prevail, killing off all opposition, and ushering in liberal utopia? Because it's certainly not a reasoned bipartisan approach at all. They get elected to power, and immediately start ramming their agenda down our throats like little dictators, without any regard for the law or the constitution, whatsoever. And it doesn't seem to matter how badly their ideas fail, they continue to push for more and more of the same. You try and have a reasoned debate with them here, and they just ridicule and hurl insults, refusing to be civil in any manner. I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime.

Then we have the Libertarians, who I happen to share many common viewpoints with, but these people tend to be whack jobs, who take everything to the most bizarre extremes, like the idea that we should just legalize heroin and disband our military entirely, and let society do whatever the hell it pleases, with no moral or ethical boundaries whatsoever. As with the left, you try to communicate with these people, and it's like talking to a brick wall. They are all about standing on their principles, and consequence be damned. Refusing to accept any other alternative than total and complete libertarianism, without consideration that 96% of the country aren't voting for libertarian government.

Finally, we have the glorious GOP... The Grand Old Party. Once was a time, I believed the Republicans were the party who represented my viewpoints the best, and I have been a fairly consistent supporter of the party in recent years. However, what I see today makes me absolutely sick at my stomach. The current crop of mealy-mouthed leaders, have simply abandoned every conservative principle for the sake of trying to cater to special interest groups and minorities, none of which are ever going to vote Republican, because they never have. They have bailed on illegal immigration, nationalized health care, defense, taxes... you name it, if Bohner can cave on it, he's proven he will. McCain and Graham are running around acting like New Age Democrats, lecturing the rest of the right on how we have to be this way now, or else there will be hell to pay come election time...but....it's not about politics, noooo!

I used to think I could vote for Chris Christie, but he has pretty much cooked his goose, trying to be a "moderate" and play both sides of the fence, whenever it's convenient. I thought for a while, maybe I could support Rubio, he seemed like the "future" of the GOP, but he sold out on the so-called "immigration" bill, which was just outright amnesty. I liked Ron Paul for a bit, until he went totally batty during the 2008 primaries. I like a lot of what Sarah Palin has to say, but I think the presidency is a bit over her head. I am never in my life, going to vote for another Bush, sorry Jeb. I'm down to Ted Cruz, who simply has no experience to speak of, and Rand Paul, who came from the seed of a nutball. So, I am thinking the Republican party might not be the answer.

I'm simply a man without a party at this time, and it's a bit frustrating, to say the least. I'm only reassured by the fact that I don't believe I am alone. I think a growing number of people who are like myself, are disillusioned and searching for an answer, but where is it?

2 points. Libertarians don't want to disband the military no idea where you got that from and 2. Anyone who thinks Dr Paul is crazy is just a mentally disturbed person themselves so. Oh and I am no libertarian I am well past that.

Dr. Paul is an absolute quack who would be locked in an institute if a member of his family ever requested to have him evaluated. It's just a simple fact.

That's just plain ridiculous.

Dr. Paul went through Med school, was a licensed Doctor and was elected to Congress multiple times.

I don't agree with the guy, but he's definitely not insane.

That's just plain ridiculous.

Dr. Paul went through Med school, was a licensed Doctor and was elected to Congress multiple times.

I don't agree with the guy, but he's definitely not insane.

I have no doubt he was perfectly sane when he went through medical school. Please tell me you do realize that insanity is not a lifelong birth defect?

At one time, Bobby Fischer was a perfectly sane genius. Then his mind broke. That's usually how it works

No tricks. Just facts. I was responding to a claim. You fail. Your habit of pulling parts out of posts is not working for you. What is making you do that? Insecurity? Dishonesty?

Ahhh.. the "claim victory then deflect" gambit, another goldie oldie, can't wait to we get to the "I didn't really mean what I posted" stage. :popcorn:

I see you want the last word. Go ahead........take it.

Quite the contrary my friend, I was hoping that you'd eventually get the shoe leather out of the way and just admit you stuck your foot in your mouth (it's not a secret you know).

Have a good day. :)

Excellent synopsis Boss. You've mirrored my thoughts exactly. The problems that we have are not insurmountable, but they sure seem so at times. Our biggest problem in this country is a biased media. the canons of journalism are no longer adhered to. These principles include truthfulness, accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness and public accountability. This code of journalistic ethics also includes the principle of limitation of harm.

How many of you can say that today's journalists follow these principles. By ignoring the code of ethics the media does real harm. The news today is twisted into a narrative that supports one political agenda over an other. That does real harm. Americans are no longer going to the polls with the information to make wise choices when they vote. This has harmed our society, and put into place the mechanism that will destroy our society. The Obama administration presents a clear and present danger to the USA.

The dilemma that we find ourselves in isn't the total fault of the media. The real blame falls squarely at the feet of the a complacent American people. We no longer question our leaders performance, and hold their feet to the fire to perform in a competent manner. If Obama were the CEO of any company with the numbers, and the rhetoric that he has demonstrated he would have been out on the street long ago.

The American people can make a difference. Open our eyes. If things don't seem right do your own research. Make an informed decision based on the facts that you have. Put away the glass of Kool
Aid. There will be no reward for drinking it. If the media continues not to do there job don't support them. When their ratings and income start to drop they'll change their method of operation. When you vote know the issues, know the candidates, know where they are on the issues, and know their voting records. Vote for America instead of a political party. Vote long term incumbents out of office. regardless of what side of the aisle they sit on you should know that they don't work for us any longer. They have allegiance only for themselves.

We must all become informed voters. It is a glaring fact that many Americans are grossly uninformed. I do my own man on the street interviews when ever I hear politics being discussed. Many people I talk to can't tell me the name of the vice President, speaker of the house, senate majority whip, what the issues are. These are the people that vote democrat or republican because they always have. They are also the first to complain about sorry state of our nation.

I really believe that the Obama administration haven't hurt us bad enough to snap us out of our lethargy. However that time is coming close. The middle class is disappearing. In the USA you're either wealthy or poor. The wealthy wont risk their wealth in the current economic crisis, and I don't blame them. Full time jobs are going away to be replaced by part time jobs. Thank you President Obama. When opportunity is no longer available, when the chance to improve your lot in life isn't their, when you can't offer your children the advantages that we all took for advantage as we grew up, anger will increase. Will it be to late for recovery. That is possible. But I wouldn't sell the American people short. We're resilient, innovative, and hard working. We will prevail. We just have to wake up, and come together as a team first.

God Bless the USA.

Wow. You just described my viewpoint to a "T." I really couldn't have said it better. I guess I consider myself a Tea Party Conservative but I'm not even 100% in the Tea Party court either.

I mainly just want to live my life without government intruding into EVERY SINGLE ASPECT OF MY LIFE!!! The regulations imposed on simply living life is almost nauseating. I feel like I'm swimming in an Olympic sized pool of thick goo and I'm trying to swim it in record time. I'm kicking my feet and reaching my arms as hard and quickly as I can but I'm getting nowhere, fast.

I don't believe in imposing my beliefs and worldview upon anyone else but I don't want them imposing their sophistry on me either.

One thing is for certain. The Government of the USA is way, way too big and way too intrusive. Even the bureaucracies taken on their own, individual merits are way, way too big and way too intrusive. Combine all the bureaucracies and we have a monstrous behemoth complete with powerful, suction-cupped tentacles. It's getting hard to breath.

Anyway, thanks for a really good thread.

Forum List

Back