I Declare Shenanigans on US HEALTHCARE

Oct 14, 2008
For those of you that don’t watch South Park and know what “Shenanigans” are, let me try and explain. You declare Shenanigans on an establishment when it’s a rip-off. On the South Park show one of the South Park kids declares Shenanigans on a carnival booth requiring you to throw a ball through the mouth of a character painted on piece wood to win a prize. The catch, the mouth was smaller than the ball!
Neither candidate has a real healthcare solution and our system is in shambles. To read about a real solution that combines American entrepreneurship with common-sense government policies read my blog at:

www barrytheengineer blogspot com (Replace spaces " " with periods " ")

Barry The Engineer

For those of you that don’t watch South Park and know what “Shenanigans” are, let me try and explain. You declare Shenanigans on an establishment when it’s a rip-off. On the South Park show one of the South Park kids declares Shenanigans on a carnival booth requiring you to throw a ball through the mouth of a character painted on piece wood to win a prize. The catch, the mouth was smaller than the ball!
Neither candidate has a real healthcare solution and our system is in shambles. To read about a real solution that combines American entrepreneurship with common-sense government policies read my blog at:

www barrytheengineer blogspot com (Replace spaces " " with periods " ")

Barry The Engineer

:clap2: Good one, Barry!

NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Costs
Experts agree that our health care system is riddled with inefficiencies, excessive administrative expenses, inflated prices, poor management, and inappropriate care, waste and fraud. These problems significantly increase the cost of medical care and health insurance for employers and workers and affect the security of families.

National Health Care Spending

* In 2007, health care spending in the United States reached $2.3 trillion, and was projected to reach $3 trillion in 2011.1 Health care spending is projected to reach $4.2 trillion by 2016.
* Health care spending is 4.3 times the amount spent on national defense.
* In 2005, the United States spent 16 percent of its gross domestic product (GDP) on health care. It is projected that the percentage will reach 20 percent by 2016.
* Although nearly 47 million Americans are uninsured, the United States spends more on health care than other industrialized nations, and those countries provide health insurance to all their citizens.
* Health care spending accounted for 10.9 percent of the GDP in Switzerland, 10.7 percent in Germany, 9.7 percent in Canada and 9.5 percent in France, according to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - Health Insurance Costs

Thanks for the informative reply. I lived in Australia for 8 years. They are charged 1% income tax if they earn less than 50K and 2% if over. Wow. But I really don't believe our Government can pull that off. That's why I propose government setting the framework and private companies running the healthcare and insurance under this tight framework. Keep up the fight!

--Barry The Engineer

Thanks for the informative reply. I lived in Australia for 8 years. They are charged 1% income tax if they earn less than 50K and 2% if over. Wow. But I really don't believe our Government can pull that off. That's why I propose government setting the framework and private companies running the healthcare and insurance under this tight framework. Keep up the fight!

--Barry The Engineer

There are some more good stats at the link I posted above.

Here >>> NCHC | Facts About Healthcare - World Health Care Data

Forum List

Back