'I could not stand him for 10 years': Michelle Obama says raising 'terrorists' Malia and Sasha while Barack was launching his political career at the

Michelle Obama has revealed that she 'couldn't stand' husband Barack while their children were young.

The former First Lady, 58, also dubbed her two daughters, Sasha and Malia, as 'terrorists' when they were small.

She claims the couple struggled as they were both trying to 'advance their careers' – with her husband going on to become the president.

Michelle made the claims about her relationship with Barack, 61, while promoting her new book The Light We Carry.

S'ok Mooch, we hate him too.

I have been married for 28 years. 2 kids, 2 years apart. I worked full time, so did husband, for some years, then PT, then back to FT. No family in the area--none.

It wasn't easy, but we didn't expect it to be easy, and we didn't whine about it. I never "hated" my husband, although we had some stressful years. I certainly NEVER thought my kids were "terrorists". They had tantrums and we dealt with it (by not permitting it).

So it seems this tell-all is to be "relatable", to be real. But um....it's not. Marriage is sometimes difficult? Real. Kids can be a pain in the butt? Real.

Hated? Terrorists?

Whoa

It never subsides.
It is plausible that an outside influence that overthrows a government will use people to push it that way mocking the revolutionaries who created the greatest documents in human history due to their flaws. there are no greater documents today and the ones in America are weakened.

It is plausible that an outside influence that overthrows a government will use people to push it that way mocking the revolutionaries who created the greatest documents in human history due to their flaws. there are no greater documents today and the ones in America are weakened.
More plausible than you ever having a girlfriend. Wow.

What Obama said in his book was that when he first ran for State Legislature he was traveling all over the state and was away a good part of the time.
He admitted it stressed his marriage

I have been married for 28 years. 2 kids, 2 years apart. I worked full time, so did husband, for some years, then PT, then back to FT. No family in the area--none.

It wasn't easy, but we didn't expect it to be easy, and we didn't whine about it. I never "hated" my husband, although we had some stressful years. I certainly NEVER thought my kids were "terrorists". They had tantrums and we dealt with it (by not permitting it).

So it seems this tell-all is to be "relatable", to be real. But um....it's not. Marriage is sometimes difficult? Real. Kids can be a pain in the butt? Real.

Hated? Terrorists?

Whoa
Meh. How one characterizes a long marriage can be up for debate but they all have ups and downs and yea years of stress isn’t uncommon. You’re lying if there weren’t times you hated your spouse. No two people can go decades living in the same space, breathing the same air, without some dust ups. The word hate has a wide span of degrees so interpret as extreme dislike.

Meh. How one characterizes a long marriage can be up for debate but they all have ups and downs and yea years of stress isn’t uncommon. You’re lying if there weren’t times you hated your spouse. No two people can go decades living in the same space, breathing the same air, without some dust ups. The word hate has a wide span of degrees so interpret as extreme dislike.

Stress--absolutely

Moments and maybe hours and even a day or two I hated my spouse--sure

10 years? no. That leads to contempt, a sure marriage killer. Then, you have the "political marriage"...."we have to stay together because it looks good" but the love is lost. BTW, that is not reserved for Democrats. I'm convinced Melania Trump absolutely loathes Donald.

Never, never let stress and moments of hatred slide into contempt. It is your job to carry the best idea/image/ideal of your spouse and reflect it back to them. That would be my advice.

Forum List

Back