I could care less about college football

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
I got so tired of their political nonsense....I started to tune out. I stopped watching their paper championships years ago. And apparently, I tuned out to such a degree, that I had no idea the Heisman was being awarded today. Furthermore, I had never heard of Marcus Mariota. I couldn't even tell you what team he played upon or what position. I guess I might click on the frontpage ESPN article now.

How much less could you care about college football? A little? A lot ?? I'm not sure I could care less.
If he cared any less, he would not have posted.

LOL.... I think college football is okay if you just care about a certain school or league and you aren't especially concerned with fairness and things of that nature. But to me, college football is a natural monopoly and is inherently subject to stricter rigors. Much of the administration of college football is un-American imo.

I've never gotten into it because my school didn't have a good team and I view it as amateur football. But the new playoff system adds an element of competition similar to the NCAA basketball tournament and I've been watching some games this year to see who will be in it. It was a good move on their part. It'll be even better when it's 8 teams instead of 4.

College football is like anyhing else. Once money and politics enter the picture everything gets screwy.

Shrug, human beings are political greedy power hungry creatures which effects all of their endevors.

Take the scandal with Penn State, for example. Here we have an entire University complicit in hiding the pedophile scandal. Here we have a university supporting a charity for under aged boys which is really a way to pimp boys to high paying donors. In fact, a detective investigating the affair disappeared. His hard drive was later found in a river.

Then when Joe Pa got his famed record win and ready to retire, it all comes out. How conveeeenient!!!

I've never gotten into it because my school didn't have a good team and I view it as amateur football. But the new playoff system adds an element of competition similar to the NCAA basketball tournament and I'm actually goint to watch the games.
It is an improvement, but, not enough teams in.

College football is like anyhing else. Once money and politics enter the picture everything gets screwy.

Shrug, human beings are political greedy power hungry creatures which effects all of their endevors.

Take the scandal with Penn State, for example. Here we have an entire University complicit in hiding the pedophile scandal. Here we have a university supporting a charity for under aged boys which is really a way to pimp boys to high paying donors. In fact, a detective investigating the affair disappeared. His hard drive was later found in a river.

Then when Joe Pa got his famed record win and ready to retire, it all comes out. How conveeeenient!!!
You are investing a lot of effort in something you don't care about.

How wwweeeeiiiirrrrdddd is THAT!!

I've never gotten into it because my school didn't have a good team and I view it as amateur football. But the new playoff system adds an element of competition similar to the NCAA basketball tournament and I'm actually goint to watch the games.

Agreed I changed my post to say it will be better when 8 teams get in.

Agreed I changed my post to say it will be better when 8 teams get in.
I think there are at least four SEC West teams that could have made a run for it.

SEC West success is going to be the death of the SEC.

I've never gotten into it because my school didn't have a good team and I view it as amateur football. But the new playoff system adds an element of competition similar to the NCAA basketball tournament and I've been watching some games this year to see who will be in it. It was a good move on their part. It'll be even better when it's 8 teams instead of 4.

I'll come around when it's 16. Anything short of that and its just too much power brokering and political wrangling.

Speaking to the 4, it was designed specifically for heavy manipulation; and the teams that get in is still highly subjected. It's still a paper championship at the end of the day. They just added an illusion of something substantial.

I'll come around when it's 16. Anything short of that and its just too much power brokering and political wrangling.

Speaking to the 4, it was designed specifically for heavy manipulation; and the teams that get in is still highly subjected. It's still a paper championship at the end of the day. They just added an illusion of something substantial.

That would be awesome but that would take a lot of work to set up without disrupting the regular season too much. Every extra game they have to play is another potential injury without any compensation.

I got so tired of their political nonsense....I started to tune out. I stopped watching their paper championships years ago. And apparently, I tuned out to such a degree, that I had no idea the Heisman was being awarded today. Furthermore, I had never heard of Marcus Mariota. I couldn't even tell you what team he played upon or what position. I guess I might click on the frontpage ESPN article now.
And I even less for any professional sports. If they shut down today I would not lose one second of sleep over it.

I'm a huge fan of college football. The traditions and rivalries are unmatched in sports.

And yes, there is money involved. Like anything else, when you add money to the mix it changes things. But it does not change them to the point of making it less appealing for me. I was a Bama fan when we sucked. I proudly wore my crimson & white when we won far fewer games. But tailgating on The Quad, cheering in Bryant Denny Stadium (Denny Stadium when I first started seeing games), and listening to games on the radio or watching them on tv with friends is a treasured part of my youth and my life.

Nobody wants to do a bowl game pool, eh? I made a thread. No response. Oh well, you can lead a horse to water...

That would be awesome but that would take a lot of work to set up without disrupting the regular season too much. Every extra game they have to play is another potential injury without any compensation.

Why would extra games come without compensation? And the regular season nonsense is stuff that bowl people put out their to protect their interests and something the media talks about because their bosses haven't given them permission to step on anyone's toes.

I'm a huge fan of college football. The traditions and rivalries are unmatched in sports.

And yes, there is money involved. Like anything else, when you add money to the mix it changes things. But it does not change them to the point of making it less appealing for me. I was a Bama fan when we sucked. I proudly wore my crimson & white when we won far fewer games. But tailgating on The Quad, cheering in Bryant Denny Stadium (Denny Stadium when I first started seeing games), and listening to games on the radio or watching them on tv with friends is a treasured part of my youth and my life.

You can still be a fan of a Bama program that is playing in a better system. And the playoff system makes it more inclusive. If more teams have a chance, it suddenly makes other schools more appealing. That's not what the hardcore Bama brass want, tbh.

You can still be a fan of a Bama program that is playing in a better system. And the playoff system makes it more inclusive. If more teams have a chance, it suddenly makes other schools more appealing. That's not what the hardcore Bama brass want, tbh.

WTH? Where did I say I didn't like the playoff system or that I didn't want more teams in the playoff? In fact, I have said that in several other threads. But here, I was trying to explain why I love my college football.

WTH? Where did I say I didn't like the playoff system or that I didn't want more teams in the playoff? In fact, I have said that in several other threads. But here, I was trying to explain why I love my college football.

WTH? Where did I say that you didn't like the playoff system or that you didn't want more teams in the playoff? .... All silliness aside, I never said that, bro. Anyhow, next time maybe make your point correlate to the OP in some direct way and avoid the confusion if it's gonna make you have to reach into your WTH bag. Also, you did note that the corruption (no playoffs) did not make you like Bama less. So, let's just say you left a dangling implication out there. So, maybe just put your WTH away in the second place.

WTH? Where did I say that you didn't like the playoff system or that you didn't want more teams in the playoff? .... All silliness aside, I never said that, bro. Anyhow, next time maybe make your point correlate to the OP in some direct way and avoid the confusion if it's gonna make you have to reach into your WTH bag. Also, you did note that the corruption (no playoffs) did not make you like Bama less. So, let's just say you left a dangling implication out there. So, maybe just put your WTH away in the second place.

Put my WTH away? It is the end of the year and I still have a bag full of WTHs. I even have a few WTFs left. Its been a pretty good year.

Forum List

Back