“I Cannot Afford To Live”: Americans Get Emotional As The U.S. Economy Goes Off The Rails

“I Cannot Afford To Live”:

Americans Get Emotional As The U.S. Economy Goes Off The Rails

10 Apr 2024 ~~ By Michael Snyder

As we approach what is likely to be the most chaotic presidential election in U.S. history, trouble signs are starting to erupt for the U.S. economy. In fact, CNN is actually admitting that “the long-predicted storm clouds in the economy may actually be forming”. I can’t remember the last time that I saw a CNN article with a headline like that. But at this point, it is becoming extremely difficult for the mainstream media to avoid the truth. Inflation is getting worse at the same time that many key sectors of our economy are slowing down. If you thought that the last couple of years were rough for the economy, just wait until you see what is coming next. Tremendous turmoil is on the horizon, and the American people are becoming increasingly emotional about our rapidly growing economic problems.
On Wednesday, we learned that prices jumped even more than expected during the month of March…
~Snip~
For example, Fox Business is reporting that the cost of energy “is up 36.9% from where it was in Jan. 2021″…
Tuesday’s inflation numbers punctuate what has been a dreadful three years for energy consumers. The overall cost of energy in March is up 36.9% from where it was in Jan. 2021, according to the Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics.​
Of course energy prices are going to go a lot higher than they are right now.
~Snip~
Just like me, so many of you can feel what is coming.
A tipping point has arrived, and the outlook for the months ahead is very bleak.
The U.S. economy is going off the rails, and the worse things get the more frustrated the American people are going to become.

Commentary:
Not according to our 46th president and his administration. We are doing so well, we don’t have to worry about the cost of illegals or of forgiving student loans, and we can freely help Ukraine with many hundreds of billions of dollars for something that could have been handled with a peace treaty.
Everything is fine!
Don't worry about housing, food, or fuel for heating, cooking or transportation. Our president has it covered.
Yes, The Rats in Washington have it covered. They tell us they won’t cut Social Security benefits, but they have no problem creating high inflation, or fudging the numbers to limit Social Security COLA’s for retirees.
The next round of inflation is going to be absolutely brutal. Many already on the brink who never would've considered crime will start to ponder it.
America's largely service sector economy will take a massive hit as what little discretionary spending still exists evaporates and near-minimum wage workers can barely afford to commute.
What happens when rural youth begin behaving like urban youth?
There is a level of hardship at which this starts to happen en-masse.

Sadly...

It is only going to get worse.jpg

I'm just dumbfounded why there are not millions more homeless in America. Dems are hellbent on taking America down and the useless reps can't do a thing to stop them.

Sadly...

View attachment 931543

I'm just dumbfounded why there are not millions more homeless in America. Dems are hellbent on taking America down and the useless reps can't do a thing to stop them.
In 2023, the number of homeless people in the United States increased by more than 12%, reaching 653,104 people, which is the largest unhoused population since the federal government began tallying totals. This increase is due to a number of factors, including:
  • Higher housing costs
  • More people becoming unhoused than exiting homelessness
  • Increased need for homeless services
  • Increased homelessness among families with children, veterans, and unaccompanied young people

1713026488258.png

USA Today

Homelessness in America grew in 2023 as cost of living ballooned
    Dec 15, 2023
More than half of America's homeless individuals reside in the nation's 50 largest cities. In 2023, homelessness increased in 41 states, with New Hampshire, New Mexico, and New York having the highest percentage increases. New York, Vermont, and Oregon had the highest per-capita rates of homelessness in 2023.

Some say that rent for a modest apartment goes up faster than wages in a modest job, or than disability benefits. For example, at minimum wage, people have to work 86 hours a week to afford a one-bedroom apartment.

However, more than half of unhoused people have jobs. Some defy the stereotype that they do not want to work, laboring in the workforce despite the hardship of working in positions that aren't even paying them a livable

Just got back from the local carniceria. One lady was balling her eyes out.

I asked: hola amigo que te preocupa
She responded: Tengo problemas para pagar la comida, el alquiler y otros gastos
I responded: votaste en las últimas elecciones
She responded: si, demócrata

I walked away. Shaking my head of course. And yes, I had my Trump sneakers and MAGA hat on.

Harpy Eagle Don't want to hear "fake story" see it, own it

IMG_4740.jpg

today.JPG

Last edited:
Just got back from the local carniceria. One lady was balling her eyes out.

I asked: hola amigo que te preocupa
She responded: Tengo problemas para pagar la comida, el alquiler y otros gastos
I responded: votaste en las últimas elecciones
She responded: si, demócrata

I walked away. Shaking my head of course. And yes, I had my Trump sneakers and MAGA hat on.

Harpy Eagle Don't want to hear "fake story" see it, own it

View attachment 931589

View attachment 931590

another bullshit story. Fuck dude, try to make at least one of them realistic.

It was all Trumps fault when there was a toilet paper shortage
It was all Trumps fault when windshield wipers flew off a car or a tire blew out.
That is ALL I HEARD from the media "Trumps Fault" "Trumps Fault" "Trumps Fault" "Trumps Fault"
it is all Biden's fault for EVERYTHING under his administration
YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS

When regular gas is right now $5.19 in Santa Cruz CA these board clowns don’t have a leg to stand on. OBiden caused it day1. Gas/ Diesel affects every American and their monthly spending. Its $4.50 in PHX now. Suck it you dishonest POS maggots. It was mostly $2 in 2019 if I remember right.

Last edited:
It was all Trumps fault when there was a toilet paper shortage
It was all Trumps fault when windshield wipers flew off a car or a tire blew out.
That is ALL I HEARD from the media "Trumps Fault" "Trumps Fault" "Trumps Fault" "Trumps Fault"
it is all Biden's fault for EVERYTHING under his administration
YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS

Feel free to find post from me blaming Trump for those things.

Could not have not written a better litany of misinformnation if I was Mr J Goebbels in person .
Americans are standing on the edge of the greatest economic precipice ever seen , and yet there are wags who have no idea how near to the already crumbling edge that they are .
I`ve been a retired factory worker living on a fixed income since 2006 (early retirement) and I`m doing just fine. A fellow retiree owes $36,000 on his oversized pickup truck. Biden`s fault? We can`t stop people from doing stupid things with their money.

Forum List

Back