i can see this turning ugly

Splatter, you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

You cannot prevent someone from getting a degree BASED ON THEIR RELIGION. There are lots of fucking counselors who are Christians.

And ps. There is no science involved in that degree.

these fucking communists will try though.

What kind of crap is this?

According to the filed complaint, "She has stated that she believes sexual behavior is the result of accountable personal choice rather than an inevitability deriving from deterministic forces. She also has affirmed binary male-female gender, with one or the other being fixed in each person at their creation, and not a social construct or individual choice subject to alteration by the person so created. Further, she has expressed her view that homosexuality is a 'lifestyle,' not a 'state of being.'"

In May, Keeton was notified that she would be asked to participate in a remediation plan. Mary Jane Anderson-Wiley, an associate professor who also oversees student education and discipline, explained that the faculty wanted to see Keeton's writing skills improve and that they are concerned with some of her beliefs and views pertaining to GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender) issues.

Several faculty members later met with the student and told her that they considered her to be failing to conform to certain professional standards. In a written Remediation Plan, the faculty said her speech on GLBT matters violated the codes of ethics that counselors and those in training are required to adhere to.

In other words, they are insisting on brainwashing her.

If I were her, I would transfer out of that school immediately and continue my lawsuit.

Immie

but its not brainwashing, its part of their guidelines as their beliefs about gays, etc don't align with her christian beliefs (although not all chritsians believe as her either)... I do agree with you that she should have left the school. I know that at least 1 christian school must have a counseling program and could also help her get a job at a christian based counseling place after graduation. that way should could have performed her eventual career without violating the guidelines of her degree and accreditation

I disagree with you, my friend.

They want to brainwash her so that they can graduate her.

That is what they mean by "remediation". They want to place her in their little camp and change her beliefs. They are supposed to teach not "re-educate" to their political way of thinking.

Immie

Its not about her religion, its about the refusal to accept the facts.

She needs to know just like you can not get a degree in Anthropology if you insist the world was made in 7 days , you can not have a couseling degree if you are going to insist being gay is a crime. Its against the sceince of the field.

Do you ever stop lying?

Immie

how is he lying? the school doesn't deny Christians they just don't graduate people who don't fit in with their ethics system. I would hope that all professions/schools like this would have an ethics system that they are required to follow and don't just accredit anyone who comes through

How is she lying?

She said it was not about religion. That is a lie. She never stops lying.

Immie

According to the filed complaint, "She has stated that she believes sexual behavior is the result of accountable personal choice rather than an inevitability deriving from deterministic forces. She also has affirmed binary male-female gender, with one or the other being fixed in each person at their creation, and not a social construct or individual choice subject to alteration by the person so created. Further, she has expressed her view that homosexuality is a 'lifestyle,' not a 'state of being.'"

In May, Keeton was notified that she would be asked to participate in a remediation plan. Mary Jane Anderson-Wiley, an associate professor who also oversees student education and discipline, explained that the faculty wanted to see Keeton's writing skills improve and that they are concerned with some of her beliefs and views pertaining to GLBT (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender) issues.

Several faculty members later met with the student and told her that they considered her to be failing to conform to certain professional standards. In a written Remediation Plan, the faculty said her speech on GLBT matters violated the codes of ethics that counselors and those in training are required to adhere to.

If I were her, I would transfer out of that school immediately and continue my lawsuit.

Immie

but its not brainwashing, its part of their guidelines as their beliefs about gays, etc don't align with her christian beliefs (although not all chritsians believe as her either)... I do agree with you that she should have left the school. I know that at least 1 christian school must have a counseling program and could also help her get a job at a christian based counseling place after graduation. that way should could have performed her eventual career without violating the guidelines of her degree and accreditation

NO IT'S NOT, you fucking idiot.

Kindly link where it's a requirement of any degree to BELIEVE in any particular science. Or where you can have a degree denied to you based on your religion.

What a piece of shit you are.

"She has stated that she believes sexual behavior is the result of accountable personal choice rather than an inevitability deriving from deterministic forces. She also has affirmed binary male-female gender, with one or the other being fixed in each person at their creation, and not a social construct or individual choice subject to alteration by the person so created. Further, she has expressed her view that homosexuality is a 'lifestyle,' not a 'state of being.'"
If a counseling program does not want its students expressing ideas that the program considers harmful to those being counseled, than the institution is within their rights to expel her.

In other words, if in order to graduate from this program, one needs to demonstrate an ability to counsel homosexuals, and she cannot demonstrate this ability (as is clear through her statements), then she cannot graduate.

No Young-Earther will ever be allowed to graduate from an accredited Evolutionary Biology program, as it should be.

Should a medical school give a degree and license to someone who only believes in faith healing?
Bingo. A degree is not a right, but rather a credential. If you cannot fulfill all the requirements of the credential, you do not deserve the credential.

Perhaps she should go to a seminary, and counsel people as a pastor instead?

Last edited:
PS, I'm working on my Human SErvices Management degree...my best friend has a degree in psychology.

I have yet to see any fucking agreement where we are required to state we'll believe a certain way, and put aside our Christian beliefs.

And someone needs to smack whomever thinks Christians should be excluded from schools and degree programs based upon their religion need to admit they're fucking Nazi sympathizers, bigots, and deserve to have the shit knocked out of them. Regularly.

Immie

I disagree with you, my friend.

They want to brainwash her so that they can graduate her.

That is what they mean by "remediation". They want to place her in their little camp and change her beliefs. They are supposed to teach not "re-educate" to their political way of thinking.

Immie

but what if she was becoming a doctor and didn't believe in modern science or was graduating in biology and was planning on teaching future students that evolution was fake? the profession has to hold its member to standards or how would you know who to trust?

Should a medical school give a degree and license to someone who only believes in faith healing?

Since faith healing is not medicine no, and that is not what this case is about.

She has nearly completed her Master's Degree and now, since they don't like her political point of view, they want to re-educate her. That is wrong.

I don't agree with her point of view, but neither do I believe that some self-aggrandized liberal nuts have the right to forcibly coerce people over to their point of view especially after having sucked boo-coo bucks out of her bank account and then tell her, "we're sorry, but, we don't like what you think so we are not going to let you graduate until you succumb to our way of thinking."

Immie

"She has stated that she believes sexual behavior is the result of accountable personal choice rather than an inevitability deriving from deterministic forces. She also has affirmed binary male-female gender, with one or the other being fixed in each person at their creation, and not a social construct or individual choice subject to alteration by the person so created. Further, she has expressed her view that homosexuality is a 'lifestyle,' not a 'state of being.'"
If a counseling program does not want its students expressing ideas that the program considers harmful to those being counseled, than the institution is within their rights to expel her.

In other words, if in order to graduate from this program, one needs to demonstrate an ability to counsel homosexuals, and she cannot demonstrate this ability (as is clear through her statements), then she cannot graduate.

No Young-Earther will ever be allowed to graduate from an accredited Evolutionary Biology program, as it should be.

That's also idiotic, and think about what the fuck you're saying.

This is exactly how Communists purged the schools.

Immie

Kindly link where it's a requirement of any degree to BELIEVE in any particular science. Or where you can have a degree denied to you based on your religion.

If you're trying to get a job as a counselor, you need to fit the American Counseling Association Code of Ethics, which prohibits discrimination against LGBT people. If you choose the bible over the ACA's Code of Ethics, you can't be a counselor.

I don't think that she should be prevented from getting a degree, but it's pretty clear she wouldn't be able to work as a counselor.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Immie

1) its not based on her being christian. christians, like all other religions, are allowed to attend and graduate from the school. on top of that her "christian" vviews don't even fit in with accepted knowledge of many churhc members, especially in regards to being gay not being a choice, etc

2) you do have to believe in the professions code of ethics if you want to work int hat profession. see my previous post about doctors etc

Since faith healing is not medicine no, and that is not what this case is about.

She has nearly completed her Master's Degree and now, since they don't like her political point of view, they want to re-educate her. That is wrong.

I don't agree with her point of view, but neither do I believe that some self-aggrandized liberal nuts have the right to forcibly coerce people over to their point of view especially after having sucked boo-coo bucks out of her bank account and then tell her, "we're sorry, but, we don't like what you think so we are not going to let you graduate until you succumb to our way of thinking."

Immie

It's against the fucking law. Period.

Besides being reprehensible. Though not surprising.

And what of the GLBT students this woman may someday encounter? Where's our compassion for them? If she is unable to deal with people with dignity, respect and knowledge, she cannot be a public school counselor.

Who said she would be unable to do that?

1) its not based on her being christian. christians, like all other religions, are allowed to attend and graduate from the school. on top of that her "christian" vviews don't even fit in with accepted knowledge of many churhc members, especially in regards to being gay not being a choice, etc

2) you do have to believe in the professions code of ethics if you want to work int hat profession. see my previous post about doctors etc

Er..yes, it is about her being Christian and about her daring to publicly avow herself as Christian.

Don't even start the stupid gay choice thing.

PS, I'm working on my Human SErvices Management degree...my best friend has a degree in psychology.

I have yet to see any fucking agreement where we are required to state we'll believe a certain way, and put aside our Christian beliefs.

And someone needs to smack whomever thinks Christians should be excluded from schools and degree programs based upon their religion need to admit they're fucking Nazi sympathizers, bigots, and deserve to have the shit knocked out of them. Regularly.

you need to stop with the victim card, no one is excluding christians

Bingo. A degree is not a right, but rather a credential. If you cannot fulfill all the requirements of the credential, you do not deserve the credential.

Then since they want to impose their unwarranted beliefs on what a school counselor should believe, they should refund every dime she has had to pay including tuition, book and student fees to her and let her continue her education at a school that does not impose its irreligious and liberal point of view on students.

Immie

Immie

okay I will state this and if you get my point and just don't agree then that is okay and we can leave at that......

she doesn't agree with the school's guidelines related to counseling homosexuals. The school has strict standards in this area. if they graduate her knowing that she doesn't follow their guidelines they are putting the school's reputation at risk as well as graduating a person who will knowingly be breaking her ethics and agreed to guidelines every time she counsels a homosexual. how is allowing this to happen a good thing?

You cannot graduate as a Cell and Developmental Biology major without passing Evolutionary Biology courses. If you argue against evolution on religious grounds on your exams, you will not pass.

http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/org/b/biology/www/undergrad/pdfs/biotracks_2009-10.pdf

Standard operating procedure, mamn.

Forum List

Back