I can admit Bush failed us in many ways...

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Now can you lefties do the same for your man? Or are ideological blinders tied too tightly to your face that you can't see or admit the facts of our current situation?

Obama was elected to get the car out of the "ditch"

Gonna be kinda hard to do when he has nearly blown the motor.

Now can you lefties do the same for your man? Or are ideological blinders tied too tightly to your face that you can't see or admit the facts of our current situation?

what exactly did President Bush do that you felt was wrong?

and Obama was not elected to get the car out of the garage imo....we did not even know we had a financial problem during 90% of the election campaigning period, and we did not know how serious until President bush came on the television about 2- 3 weeks before the election and told us all that our country was going down like a rock, IF the TARP Bailout was not authorized by congress....and he explained to us about Mortgage Backed Securities (which i had never heard of) being the same as Toxic Assets.....

I personally ran to the bank and took out a few thousand to keep under the bed....President Bush scared the pajesus out of me! :eek:

People had their minds made up to vote for Obama LONG BEFORE they even knew we had a crisis or what the depth of the crisis really was....

they didn't elect him to solve this financial crisis....he got elected on the' I am not Bush' scenario imho....

and Obama was not elected to get the car out of the garage imo....we did not even know we had a financial problem during 90% of the election campaigning period, and we did not know how serious until President bush came on the television about 2- 3 weeks before the election and told us all that our country was going down like a rock, IF the TARP Bailout was not authorized by congress....and he explained to us about Mortgage Backed Securities (which i had never heard of) being the same as Toxic Assets.....

I personally ran to the bank and took out a few thousand to keep under the bed....President Bush scared the pajesus out of me! :eek:

People had their minds made up to vote for Obama LONG BEFORE they even knew we had a crisis or what the depth of the crisis really was....

they didn't elect him to solve this financial crisis....he got elected on the' I am not Bush' scenario imho....

Good post. Yes, the economy didn't become an issue in the election until September, 2 months before voting. That's when McCain "parachuted in" to fix things:
Capitol Briefing - McCain, Cornyn Engage in Heated Exchange
Things got really heated when Cornyn accused McCain of being too busy campaigning for president to take part in the negotiations, which have gone on for months behind closed doors. "Wait a second here," Cornyn said to McCain. "I've been sitting in here for all of these negotiations and you just parachute in here on the last day. You're out of line."

"[Expletive] you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room," shouted McCain at Cornyn.
:lol:
ALSO, the Repubs want the electorate to beleive that an economic down-turn, the likes of which are only equalled by the Great Depression, should be over with in a couple of years :doubt: is laughable. :cuckoo:

• Banned

I had several problems with Bush

Immigration
Tarp
Reckless spending not vetoed
Should have focused more on Afg instead of Iraq. Although I don't disagree with Iraq
Not forcing the issue on Freddie and Fannie

I don't disagree with why you think he was elected although my opinion differs slightly. Having said that he has not done his job imo and has instead made it worse.

You can admit that Bush failed in many ways (in 8 years in office), but you don't even list one thing?

And then you expect others to admit the same thing about Obama (after only 2 years and 5 1/2 months in office)?

In general, I think the jury is out on any president who hasn't even served a full term in office. But I must admit that when Bush made the decision to invade Iraq in March 2003, I was pretty sure that he was going to screw this country royally. And guess what? I was right!

You can admit that Bush failed in many ways (in 8 years in office), but you don't even list one thing?

And then you expect others to admit the same thing about Obama (after only 2 years and 5 1/2 months in office)?

In general, I think the jury is out on any president who hasn't even served a full term in office. But I must admit that when Bush made the decision to invade Iraq in March 2003, I was pretty sure that he was going to screw this country royally. And guess what? I was right!

I wasn't asking for specifics so I didn't offer any myself. I would simply like to hear the left accept "some" culpability for the mess were in.

I did offer examples when they were requested tho

This thread is acting under the false assumption that Democrats and or Liberals have not criticized Obama faults.

I am willing to admit bush screwed up....but will not list his errors here. No way. Now, please list everything you think Obama did wrong.

Oh man.... :evil:

I am willing to admit bush screwed up....but will not list his errors here. No way. Now, please list everything you think Obama did wrong.

Oh man.... :evil:

Stop exasperating bs and read my response to his

This thread is acting under the false assumption that Democrats and or Liberals have not criticized Obama faults.

If anything, Democrats (I'm not one) have criticized Obama much more strongly (and FAR earlier) than Republicans did of Bush. In fact, it wasn't until Bush's poll numbers tanked in his second term that Republicans started distancing themselves from their former fair-haired standard bearer. And now? Bush has recieved the ultimate collective conservative insult. They now say that he wasn't really a conservative, not really.

And now? Bush has recieved the ultimate collective conservative insult. They now say that he wasn't really a conservative, not really.

Which is funny considering this:

Bush Presidency Closes With 34% Approval, 61% Disapproval

Bush mainly has members of his own party to thank for the fact that he is ending his presidency with an approval rating above 30%. Republicans' approval of him rose from 67% in mid-December to 75% in the current poll -- their highest rating of Bush in nearly a year. By contrast, approval of Bush remains extremely scarce among Democrats, and continues to fall under 30% among independent

Conservative Republicans Still Widely Support Bush

PRINCETON, NJ -- George W. Bush remains popular among conservative Republicans (72% approve of him) despite his low overall approval rating. Meanwhile, moderate and liberal Republicans are as likely to disapprove as to approve of the job he is doing, and Democrats of all political orientations hold Bush in low regard.

Only four groups give Bush ratings in excess of 40% approval, and all are defined by political points of view. But because membership in these four groups overlaps (e.g., Republicans and conservative Republicans), when they are subdivided into mutually exclusive groups (as in the first graph), it really is only Americans who are both Republicans and conservatives who hold Bush in high esteem.

I would simply like to hear the left accept "some" culpability for the mess were in.

I think that's a slippery slope. I wanted Obama to ask for a larger Recovery Act, but that doesn't mean I think he would have automatically gotten it. He could have asked, gotten a no, and we are still in the same boat today. Due to that, I don't know that anyone can fully blame Obama for our current mess. Unless of course you can point to something he did to make the mess worse.

I would simply like to hear the left accept "some" culpability for the mess were in.

I think that's a slippery slope. I wanted Obama to ask for a larger Recovery Act, but that doesn't mean I think he would have automatically gotten it. He could have asked, gotten a no, and we are still in the same boat today. Due to that, I don't know that anyone can fully blame Obama for our current mess. Unless of course you can point to something he did to make the mess worse.

So you can't even accept "some" culpability? Wow

How can we ever find common ground if everyone claims "not me"?

And now? Bush has recieved the ultimate collective conservative insult. They now say that he wasn't really a conservative, not really.

Which is funny considering this:

Bush Presidency Closes With 34% Approval, 61% Disapproval

Bush mainly has members of his own party to thank for the fact that he is ending his presidency with an approval rating above 30%. Republicans' approval of him rose from 67% in mid-December to 75% in the current poll -- their highest rating of Bush in nearly a year. By contrast, approval of Bush remains extremely scarce among Democrats, and continues to fall under 30% among independent

Conservative Republicans Still Widely Support Bush

PRINCETON, NJ -- George W. Bush remains popular among conservative Republicans (72% approve of him) despite his low overall approval rating. Meanwhile, moderate and liberal Republicans are as likely to disapprove as to approve of the job he is doing, and Democrats of all political orientations hold Bush in low regard.

Only four groups give Bush ratings in excess of 40% approval, and all are defined by political points of view. But because membership in these four groups overlaps (e.g., Republicans and conservative Republicans), when they are subdivided into mutually exclusive groups (as in the first graph), it really is only Americans who are both Republicans and conservatives who hold Bush in high esteem.

I've read a number of books on the Bush presidency, including Ron Suskind's, "The Price of Loyalty," about Treasury Sec Paul O'Neill's time in office and Scott McClellan's book, "What Happened." Currently, I'm reading John Dean's "Conservatives Without Conscience."

Frankly, much, if not most, of what went on during the Bush years (including DeLay's House of Representatives) is very reminiscent of old style authoritarian regimes best described as dictatorships with mostly a ceremonial appearance of holding to constitutional checks and balances and the rule of law.

History is going to be very unkind to Bush 43.

Forum List

Back