I came across this on Reddit. This is why America is fucked.

I'm so very glad the Government is prohibited from establishing one religion...........just think what could happen if the lawmakers could. :eek:

Our constitution allows us to practice any religion we choose, or not practice religion at all. I tend to believe there is a Heaven and Hell but realize I'm not perfect.

I've yet to see a non-believer tell me what might happen if they're wrong. :eusa_whistle:

No Mac, it's the OP that wants to persecute and silence Christians, along with most of the Liberal Left. If you don't, that puts you in a small minority. The fact that MOST of the Left does is what angers me, and that anger is quite justified.

I can see that. The point here, though, isn't just the anger, it's the vulgarity and filth I see so often here from those who say they're Christian. It's something that doesn't make sense to me, although I must admit it's not the ONLY thing that doesn't make sense to me.

By the way, I see the term "OP" a lot here. What does that mean?

No Mac, it's the OP that wants to persecute and silence Christians, along with most of the Liberal Left. If you don't, that puts you in a small minority. The fact that MOST of the Left does is what angers me, and that anger is quite justified.

I can see that. The point here, though, isn't just the anger, it's the vulgarity and filth I see so often here from those who say they're Christian. It's something that doesn't make sense to me, although I must admit it's not the ONLY thing that doesn't make sense to me.

By the way, I see the term "OP" a lot here. What does that mean?

What can I say? I'm a sinner, not a saint.

Original Poster...

Guy, you still don't get it.

I want you to spread your anger and filth and vulgarity and hatred just as much as you want to. You make my point for me, and I don't have to burn any effort.

By all means, let 'er rip.

My anger is caused by the audacity of you non-believers who think you have the right to silence the majority. You don't like my language, tough shit. You want to play the 'hate' card, but I'm not the one hating. You're the ones who want to shout down and shut up the voices you don't agree with. You're the ones demonstrating all the hate.

Why do you fear Christians? Even your lord Lucifer believes in God, is that why you're so scared?

Dang, you're throwing out so many straw men, I'll try to keep up.

I'm a comfy agnostic, thanks. But I'm pretty sure I don't believe in a Lucifer, seems kind of childish and primitive. Just my opinion there.

If you want to point out my "hate", I'd love to see it. I don't hate people, although I admit I'd make an exception if someone were trying to hurt my wife, children, mom or brothers. But that would probably be a temporary hatred.

As you well know, I've made it more than clear that I don't want to shut you up or censor you. This conversation would be much better if you could be honest for a moment. If you'd like, here's a thread I recently started about how too many people in America are trying to shut each other up: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/212490-freedom-of-expression-r-i-p.html - I'd guess I'm more a freedom of expression purist than dang near anyone.

So, once again, to make it as simple and clear as I possibly can: Keep it up. In my humble opinion, there are many, many people who claim to be Christian yet do precious little to follow in the footsteps of their God. And I want you to make an example of yourself at every opportunity.

Keep the anger, hatred, vulgarity and filth coming. Great stuff.

Here is an honest question then since you cherish "honesty"...

Let's assume there are two states after death:
consciousness and nothing.

WHICH you believe exists MAYBE critical though...

If you believe there is nothing.. that's OK if there is NOTHING!

BUT if you believe there is nothing and act accordingly in this life AND THERE IS..
You have a problem!

A problem in that if there is something after life the possibility your actions in life today might affect your situation after life and you can't use the excuse "well I didn't believe"!

I am smart enough to hedge my bet.. i.e. I'd rather believe since it doesn't COST me anything to believe there is something after life and that something might be more positive if I lived as if there was something then NOT believe and find out there IS an after life!

Because if there ISN'T ANYTHING after life.. I've lost NOTHING because I won't exist!

BUT if there is something ?????

There are those out there who want the best for America without religion.

And there are those who follow a religion who also want the best for America. This country does not belong solely to either side. Get over it.

I agree.

Thats why this was created, because this guy can't keep his religion out of politics.

You can have your religion, but don't bring it into politics.
This country was founded for freedom of expression/relgious freedom.
So to have someone making political decisions influenced by religion will have rights taken away from the majority and go against what this country was founded for.

I don't need your permission to 'have' my religion. Idiot.

Voters vote. That is the way of our nation. If you don't like the process, fuck off to a country where they have a system that better suits you.

rightwingwatch? :lmao:

How desperate are the left? :lol:

I am entertained. Thanks.

There are those out there who want the best for America without religion.

And there are those who follow a religion who also want the best for America. This country does not belong solely to either side. Get over it.

The beauty of liberty is everyone is free to persue thier ambitions regardless of thier beliefs. We get into snags when the whiners pop up and complain and use the power of the government to stomp on liberty of others.

I am smart enough to hedge my bet.

I've seen that argument before, and I guess it makes sense. It just strikes me as somewhat less than sincere. It's like you're saying, "I'm gonna do this stuff and say this stuff just in case."

But then, outside of doing that stuff and saying that stuff, many Christians don't appear to be making the slightest effort to live a godly life. I'm not sure this web site has a large enough bandwidth to provide all the examples of THAT. Then they excuse their behavior by saying they're "forgiven". Okay, sure, why not.

I dunno, I don't get it. I realize I'm in the minority on this, not the first time.

I am smart enough to hedge my bet.

I've seen that argument before, and I guess it makes sense. It just strikes me as somewhat less than sincere. It's like you're saying, "I'm gonna do this stuff and say this stuff just in case."

But then, outside of doing that stuff and saying that stuff, many Christians don't appear to be making the slightest effort to live a godly life. I'm not sure this web site has a large enough bandwidth to provide all the examples of THAT. Then they excuse their behavior by saying they're "forgiven". Okay, sure, why not.

I dunno, I don't get it. I realize I'm in the minority on this, not the first time.

Judging what Christians DO to live a Godly life based on what is written on a message board is probably not the most accurate way to determine who lives how.

Another scoop from tax exempt "rightwing watch". If you anti-Christian bigots spent more time looking at the real issues that impact Americans instead of cherry picking "rightwing" statements, the US might be less fuked.

WHO are YOU to judge other people? ARE YOU WITHOUT ANY SIN???
WHY are you criticizing my fellow Christians who may have splinters in their eyes while you have a log?

Most of MY fellow believers in Christ are NOT judgemental but forgiving!
MOST of US are compassionate.
Obviously a few come across as you aptly describe BUT NOT MOST of us and for you to lump us all is total ignorance!

Who are YOU to criticize other people's life style?? GOD???

The POINT is Imoff etc. have a right to believe as they do just as YOU have the right to believe in nothing!

And SO f..king what If I HeDGE my bet???
Better to hedge then NOT !

AND that's my point ! YOU and I may NEVER know If I was right.. so what the f..k! WON"T make one bit of difference!

BUT what if I and my fellow CHRISTIANS are right... and there is a life after death??
WHAT have I lost if I at least strive to be compassionate and help people out of work to find a job and not just GIVE THEM money!
What have I lost if I spend time on this keyboard SHARING my life experiences I am 100% confident are several times more expansive then some of the people on this forum?

NOTHING if there is NOTHING after life... BUT if by taking some 10 minutes of my remaining
4,339,170+ minutes to share ... and I help someone (other then you most likely) to at least have an open mind.. that's good for ME!
After all Ayn Rand may have been a Jesus freak!

WHY are you criticizing my fellow Christians who may have splinters in their eyes while you have a log?

Obviously a few come across as you aptly describe BUT NOT MOST of us and for you to lump us all is total ignorance!

The POINT is Imoff etc. have a right to believe as they do just as YOU have the right to believe in nothing!

AND that's my point ! YOU and I may NEVER know If I was right.. so what the f..k! WON"T make one bit of difference!

BUT what if I and my fellow CHRISTIANS are right... and there is a life after death??
WHAT have I lost if I at least strive to be compassionate and help people out of work to find a job and not just GIVE THEM money!
What have I lost if I spend time on this keyboard SHARING my life experiences I am 100% confident are several times more expansive then some of the people on this forum?

NOTHING if there is NOTHING after life... BUT if by taking some 10 minutes of my remaining
4,339,170+ minutes to share ... and I help someone (other then you most likely) to at least have an open mind.. that's good for ME!

Fuckinay. THIS poster actually said THAT. Unbe-fucking-lievable.

Nothing in the history of this board tops that one.

The only reason anyone cares about anything is because of money. The world revolves around money that's what keeps it happy.

Global warming, oil, abortion, cancer, etc, are huge money making world industries.

Omg the post so nice I posted it twice. Ooooo it's like magic....lololol

The only reason anyone cares about anything is because of money. The world revolves around money that's what keeps it happy.

Global warming, oil, abortion, cancer, etc, are huge money making world industries.

Omg the post so nice I posted it twice. Ooooo it's like magic....lololol

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7iYytqEt4]Ghostbusters - I Believe It's Magic by Mick SmiIey - HD HQ Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

Fuckinay. THIS poster actually said THAT. Unbe-fucking-lievable.

Nothing in the history of this board tops that one.

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LITERALLY BUSTED OUT LAUGHING! :lmao:

No, THIS is the reason America is fucked:

shorejpg-a14c0a054689f7f0_large.jpg

Guy, you still don't get it.

I want you to spread your anger and filth and vulgarity and hatred just as much as you want to. You make my point for me, and I don't have to burn any effort.

By all means, let 'er rip.

My anger is caused by the audacity of you non-believers who think you have the right to silence the majority. You don't like my language, tough shit. You want to play the 'hate' card, but I'm not the one hating. You're the ones who want to shout down and shut up the voices you don't agree with. You're the ones demonstrating all the hate.

Why do you fear Christians? Even your lord Lucifer believes in God, is that why you're so scared?

It turns out the majority is not Christianity.

I agree.

Thats why this was created, because this guy can't keep his religion out of politics.

You can have your religion, but don't bring it into politics.
This country was founded for freedom of expression/relgious freedom.
So to have someone making political decisions influenced by religion will have rights taken away from the majority and go against what this country was founded for.

I don't need your permission to 'have' my religion. Idiot.

Voters vote. That is the way of our nation. If you don't like the process, fuck off to a country where they have a system that better suits you.

Then don't get your panties in a wad when gay marriage is legalized everywhere, contraception goes through, and other stuff that are "against your religious right" is made legal.

I'm fairly happy here.

The polls say otherwise; nitroz

Religion in the U.S. vs. the World:
United States World
Christian 83% 33
No religion 13 15
All non-Christian religions 4 52

Last edited:

Forum List

Back