I came across this on Reddit. This is why America is fucked.

God is responsible for the physics of the solar system and the earth?

Only if you believe he designed and created it all.
Even then it is just your belief, which is not proven fact.

God did create and design the universe.
No matter how you look at it, we are not here just by accident.

By unwavering mathematical law we can prove that our universe was designed and executed by a great engineering intelligence.

Suppose you put ten pennies, marked from one to ten, into your pocket and give them a good shuffle. Now try to take them out in sequence from one to ten, putting back the coin each time and shaking them all again. Mathematically we know that your chance of first drawing number one is one in ten; of drawing one and two in succession, one in 100; of drawing one, two and three in succession, one in 1000, and so on; your chance of drawing them all, from number one to number ten in succession, would reach the unbelievable figure of one in ten billion.

By the same reasoning, so many exacting conditions are necessary for life on the earth that they could not possibly exist in proper relationship by chance. The earth rotates on its axis 1000 miles an hour at the equator; if it turned at 100 miles an hour, our days and nights would be ten times as long as now, and the hot sun would likely burn up our vegetation each long day while in the long night any surviving sprout might well freeze.

Again the sun, source of our life, has a surface temperature of 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit, and our earth is just far enough away so that this "eternal life" warms us just enough and not too much ! If the sun gave off only one half its present radiation, we would freeze, and if it gave as much more, we would roast.

The slant of the earth, tilted at an angle of 23 degrees, gives us our seasons; if the earth had not been so tilted, vapors from the ocean would move north and south, piling up for us continents of ice. If our moon were, say, only 50,000 miles away instead of its actual distance, our tides might be so enormous that twice a day all continents would be submerged; even the mountains could soon be eroded away. If the crust of the earth had only been ten feet thicker, there would be no oxygen, without which animal life must die. Had the ocean been a few feet deeper, carbon dioxide and oxygen would have been absorbed and no vegetable life could exist.

It is apparent from these and a host of other examples that there is not one chance in billions that life on our planet is an accident.

And you can stuff your atheism up your ass!

Sometimes our Christian friends say some funny stuff. Since their goal is to live like Jesus, I have to wonder if this quote is in scripture somewhere.

Fuck you too, you judgmental prick! I'm about sick of you fucking atheists, who are a tiny minority of the population, trying to tell people what they can and cannot say in the public or political realm. You have NO RIGHT to try and censor people just because you choose to believe something different.

I don't tell you what to believe, that's between you and your Flying Spaghetti Monster. Don't try to tell Christians to shut up, we're getting sick and tired of it, and you're about to piss us off enough to start FIGHTING BACK!

BANK on it!

Sometimes our Christian friends say some funny stuff. Since their goal is to live like Jesus, I have to wonder if this quote is in scripture somewhere.

Fuck you too, you judgmental prick! I'm about sick of you fucking atheists, who are a tiny minority of the population, trying to tell people what they can and cannot say in the public or political realm. You have NO RIGHT to try and censor people just because you choose to believe something different.

I don't tell you what to believe, that's between you and your Flying Spaghetti Monster. Don't try to tell Christians to shut up, we're getting sick and tired of it, and you're about to piss us off enough to start FIGHTING BACK!

BANK on it!

:clap2:

Why in the world would I want to censor folks like you?

Ya just can't make this stuff up.

Last edited:
I agree.

Thats why this was created, because this guy can't keep his religion out of politics.

You can have your religion, but don't bring it into politics.
This country was founded for freedom of expression/relgious freedom.
So to have someone making political decisions influenced by religion will have rights taken away from the majority and go against what this country was founded for.

And you can stuff your atheism up your ass! There is NOTHING in the founding of this nation that says religious thought is not welcome in the marketplace of ideas. Your desire for censorship is duly noted and promptly disregarded!

lol, then why were the founding fathers of this nation against organized religion in general (and any religion in politics?)

It's not censorship. I fully explained why religion is not welcome in politics here.
You are looking to join politics in other nations which are religiously motivated.

Look at Romney and Santorum. They aren't really getting anywhere by making religiously motivated political decisions. Like force a separation on all gay marriages? really?

And more wars on other nations for religion?

Teaching their religion in schools?

teaching others not to think for themselves?

It goes against what this nation was founded for.

Your lack of knowledge about our Founders is INCREDIBLE!! The 1st Amendment ALONE proves what a hack you are. It's Freedom OF Religion, not Freedom FROM Religion.

Idiot!

BANK on it!

So I'm guessing in your little world Christians aren't supposed to get ANGRY?

How angry did Jesus get when he threw your mercenary asses out of the Temple?

And you can stuff your atheism up your ass! There is NOTHING in the founding of this nation that says religious thought is not welcome in the marketplace of ideas. Your desire for censorship is duly noted and promptly disregarded!

lol, then why were the founding fathers of this nation against organized religion in general (and any religion in politics?)

It's not censorship. I fully explained why religion is not welcome in politics here.
You are looking to join politics in other nations which are religiously motivated.

Look at Romney and Santorum. They aren't really getting anywhere by making religiously motivated political decisions. Like force a separation on all gay marriages? really?

And more wars on other nations for religion?

Teaching their religion in schools?

teaching others not to think for themselves?

It goes against what this nation was founded for.

Your lack of knowledge about our Founders is INCREDIBLE!! The 1st Amendment ALONE proves what a hack you are. It's Freedom OF Religion, not Freedom FROM Religion.

Idiot!

Seek help.

Guy, you still don't get it.

I want you to spread your anger and filth and vulgarity and hatred just as much as you want to. You make my point for me, and I don't have to burn any effort.

By all means, let 'er rip.

A politician like Inhofe will try to tie anti global warming-ism to religion for the purpose of building an otherwise unwarranted alliance between Christian conservatives and his corporate benefactors in the polluter lobby.

Seek help.

You need to go to school, fool. Here's your first lesson...

George Washington
1st U.S. President

"While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian."
--The Writings of Washington, pp. 342-343.

John Adams
2nd U.S. President and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Suppose a nation in some distant Region should take the Bible for their only law Book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be."
--Diary and Autobiography of John Adams, Vol. III, p. 9.

"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."
--Adams wrote this on June 28, 1813, in a letter to Thomas Jefferson.

"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary Festival. It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever."
--Adams wrote this in a letter to his wife, Abigail, on July 3, 1776.

Thomas Jefferson
3rd U.S. President, Drafter and Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"God who gave us life gave us liberty. And can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are of the Gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that His justice cannot sleep forever; That a revolution of the wheel of fortune, a change of situation, is among possible events; that it may become probable by Supernatural influence! The Almighty has no attribute which can take side with us in that event."
--Notes on the State of Virginia, Query XVIII, p. 237.

"I am a real Christian – that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ."
--The Writings of Thomas Jefferson, p. 385.

John Hancock
1st Signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Resistance to tyranny becomes the Christian and social duty of each individual. ... Continue steadfast and, with a proper sense of your dependence on God, nobly defend those rights which heaven gave, and no man ought to take from us."
--History of the United States of America, Vol. II, p. 229.

Benjamin Franklin
Signer of the Declaration of Independence and Unites States Constitution

"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, the Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That He ought to be worshipped.

That the most acceptable service we render to him is in doing good to his other children. That the soul of man is immortal, and will be treated with justice in another life respecting its conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental points in all sound religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever sect I meet with them.

As to Jesus of Nazareth, my opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the system of morals and his religion, as he left them to us, is the best the world ever saw, or is likely to see;

But I apprehend it has received various corrupting changes, and I have, with most of the present dissenters in England, some doubts as to his divinity; though it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an opportunity of knowing the truth with less trouble. I see no harm, however, in its being believed, if that belief has the good consequence, as probably it has, of making his doctrines more respected and more observed; especially as I do not perceive, that the Supreme takes it amiss, by distinguishing the unbelievers in his government of the world with any peculiar marks of his displeasure."
--Benjamin Franklin wrote this in a letter to Ezra Stiles, President of Yale University on March 9, 1790.

I want you to spread your anger and filth and vulgarity and hatred just as much as you want to. You make my point for me, and I don't have to burn any effort.

My anger is caused by the audacity of you non-believers who think you have the right to silence the majority. You don't like my language, tough shit. You want to play the 'hate' card, but I'm not the one hating. You're the ones who want to shout down and shut up the voices you don't agree with. You're the ones demonstrating all the hate.

Why do you fear Christians? Even your lord Lucifer believes in God, is that why you're so scared?

My anger is caused by the audacity of you non-believers who think you have the right to silence the majority. You don't like my language, tough shit. You want to play the 'hate' card, but I'm not the one hating. You're the ones who want to shout down and shut up the voices you don't agree with. You're the ones demonstrating all the hate.

Why do you fear Christians? Even your lord Lucifer believes in God, is that why you're so scared?

Dang, you're throwing out so many straw men, I'll try to keep up.

I'm a comfy agnostic, thanks. But I'm pretty sure I don't believe in a Lucifer, seems kind of childish and primitive. Just my opinion there.

If you want to point out my "hate", I'd love to see it. I don't hate people, although I admit I'd make an exception if someone were trying to hurt my wife, children, mom or brothers. But that would probably be a temporary hatred.

As you well know, I've made it more than clear that I don't want to shut you up or censor you. This conversation would be much better if you could be honest for a moment. If you'd like, here's a thread I recently started about how too many people in America are trying to shut each other up: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/212490-freedom-of-expression-r-i-p.html - I'd guess I'm more a freedom of expression purist than dang near anyone.

So, once again, to make it as simple and clear as I possibly can: Keep it up. In my humble opinion, there are many, many people who claim to be Christian yet do precious little to follow in the footsteps of their God. And I want you to make an example of yourself at every opportunity.

Keep the anger, hatred, vulgarity and filth coming. Great stuff.

Last edited:

I'm a comfy agnostic, thanks. But I'm pretty sure I don't believe in a Lucifer, seems kind of childish and primitive. Just my opinion there.

If you want to point out my "hate", I'd love to see it. I don't hate people, although I admit I'd make an exception if someone were trying to hurt my wife, children, mom or brothers. But that would probably be a temporary hatred.

As you well know, I've made it more than clear that I don't want to shut you up or censor you. This conversation would be much better if you could be honest for a moment. If you'd like, here's a thread I recently started about how too many people in America are trying to shut each other up: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/212490-freedom-of-expression-r-i-p.html - I'd guess I'm more a freedom of expression purist than dang near anyone.

So, once again, to make it as simple and clear as I possibly can: Keep it up. In my humble opinion, there are many, many people who claim to be Christian yet do precious little to follow in the footsteps of their God. And I want you to make an example of yourself at every opportunity.

Once again, if you don't like my language you can kiss my ass.

If you want to claim I'm 'hating', please show me what I've said that is 'hateful'.

If you can't do it, stop making the FALSE allegation.

Amusing OP. Dopey, but amusing.

The contention of the overwrought nitroz is that BECAUSE Imhofe (and some others) use the Bible to support their belief that the AGW crew are wrong, therefore "America" is "fucked."

nitroz is befuddled however. For if the AGW alarm-ism IS a bunch of cooked-up poppycock designed to support a mere political agenda, then it doesn't much matter why anyone opposes the AGW alarmists and their agenda.

It suffices that the AGW "science [sic]" is full of crap.

Once again, if you don't like my language you can kiss my ass.

If you want to claim I'm 'hating', please show me what I've said that is 'hateful'.

If you can't do it, stop making the FALSE allegation.

This is too good. The anger, vulgarity and filth are okay, but you're worried about the hatred. I've gotta bookmark this thread.

Anyway Guy, if you want to look back at just the stuff you have written on just this thread and say that you don't express hatred, that's fine. There are plenty of folks who would, and if a liberal had said this stuff they'd be accused of it too. But no problem, I'll be happy to call that one a draw.

Keep 'em coming!

God is responsible for the physics of the solar system and the earth?

Only if you believe he designed and created it all.
Even then it is just your belief, which is not proven fact.

Strange how a physicist can say that space is infinite and just walk away from the subject.
I bet God knows more on the subject.

This is too good. The anger, vulgarity and filth are okay, but you're worried about the hatred. I've gotta bookmark this thread.

Anyway Guy, if you want to look back at just the stuff you have written on just this thread and say that you don't express hatred, that's fine. There are plenty of folks who would, and if a liberal had said this stuff they'd be accused of it too. But no problem, I'll be happy to call that one a draw.

Keep 'em coming!

Let's start with anger. Are you claiming that I have no right to be angry? When there is a concerted effort by the Left to forcibly silence the majority opinion in this country?

I disagree with you, I think my anger is quite justified.

Now let's deal with 'vulgarity and filth'. I'm sorry if you don't approve of my nomenclature. As an American citizen, I have the right to speak my mind in just about any words I want to. You don't have to like it. If I offend MY God, I'm sure He will deal with it, I don't need you to be my Judge.

You're not qualified...

And now, let's get back to that 'hatred'. Don't try to slime your way out of it, illustrate for us the EXACT WORDS I used that indicate 'hatred'.

I'll be waiting...

Keep 'em coming!

Let's start with anger. Are you claiming that I have no right to be angry? When there is a concerted effort by the Left to forcibly silence the majority opinion in this country?

Now let's deal with 'vulgarity and filth'. I'm sorry if you don't approve of my nomenclature. As an American citizen, I have the right to speak my mind in just about any words I want to. You don't have to like it. If I offend MY God, I'm sure He will deal with it, I don't need you to be my Judge.

You're not qualified...

And now, let's get back to that 'hatred'. Don't try to slime your way out of it, illustrate for us the EXACT WORDS I used that indicate 'hatred'.

I'll be waiting...

Ugh.

I think I made it pretty clear, Guy, that "hatred" is a term that is up for debate. I don't need to copy and paste the words you used on this thread if you're going to deny it. If you don't think you express hatred, then there is no reason to continue this. I do. We disagree. Good grief.

And, inexplicably, you continue to play the victim and pretend that I'm trying to stop you from saying something. Last time: KEEP SAYING IT, PLEASE. Why in the world is this so difficult for you to understand?

This victim/persecuted Christian thing is tedious, holy crap, do you do this all the time?

Last edited:

Keep 'em coming!

You're not qualified...

I'll be waiting...

Ugh.

I think I made it pretty clear, Guy, that "hatred" is a term that is up for debate. I don't need to copy and paste the words you used on this thread if you're going to deny it. If you don't think you express hatred, then there is no reason to continue this. I do. We disagree. Good grief.

And, inexplicably, you continue to play the victim and pretend that I'm trying to stop you from saying something. Last time: KEEP SAYING IT, PLEASE. Why in the world is this so difficult for you to understand?

This victim/persecuted Christian thing is tedious, holy crap, do you do this all the time?

No Mac, it's the OP that wants to persecute and silence Christians, along with most of the Liberal Left. If you don't, that puts you in a small minority. The fact that MOST of the Left does is what angers me, and that anger is quite justified.

Forum List

Back