I came across this on Reddit. This is why America is fucked.

My anger is caused by the audacity of you non-believers who think you have the right to silence the majority. You don't like my language, tough shit. You want to play the 'hate' card, but I'm not the one hating. You're the ones who want to shout down and shut up the voices you don't agree with. You're the ones demonstrating all the hate.

Why do you fear Christians? Even your lord Lucifer believes in God, is that why you're so scared?

It turns out the majority is not Christianity.

Care to wager on that??

http://www.census.gov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s0075.pdf

God is responsible for the physics of the solar system and the earth?

Only if you believe he designed and created it all.
Even then it is just your belief, which is not proven fact.

I believe that God designed and created it all. When you can prove that he didn't design and create it all, you will have something besides your faith that he didn't.

God is responsible for the physics of the solar system and the earth?

Only if you believe he designed and created it all.
Even then it is just your belief, which is not proven fact.

I believe that God designed and created it all. When you can prove that he didn't design and create it all, you will have something besides your faith that he didn't.

There is so much to the workings of the universe (some of which we have not yet even begun to fathom, some of which we have come to appreciate a little bit -- although not in very deep ways yet) and so much of it is so very intricate and interconnected and bound by laws and symmetry, it is difficult to believe that it all came about by mere random chance. And even if the stuff of time/space/matter/energy did get exploded out of the seed called the big bang, that still begs the question: where did the seed come from?

I have no proof -- no way of proving in fact -- that there was a Creator.

But I don't understand why the anti-religious bigots have so much difficulty admitting that they have no proof that it wasn't begun by a Creator.

I am smart enough to hedge my bet.

I've seen that argument before, and I guess it makes sense. It just strikes me as somewhat less than sincere. It's like you're saying, "I'm gonna do this stuff and say this stuff just in case."

But then, outside of doing that stuff and saying that stuff, many Christians don't appear to be making the slightest effort to live a godly life. I'm not sure this web site has a large enough bandwidth to provide all the examples of THAT. Then they excuse their behavior by saying they're "forgiven". Okay, sure, why not.

I dunno, I don't get it. I realize I'm in the minority on this, not the first time.

I am a believer, although I fall well short of the good Christian, and I agree that the "hedge your bet" argument is a non starter. Christianity is based on faith, and faith cannot be hedged. Faith is continually tested, and we all fall short of the mark. That is why we have to rely on forgiveness to take us through.

Forum List

Back