I am not a minority!

Oh, really. Here are just a few minorities who contributed to the American cause:

Benjamin Banneker & George Washington Carver- agricultural chemists
Dr Daniel Hale Williams-performed 1st successful heart surgery in 1893
Archibald Alexander-civil engineering degree in 1912
Percy L. Jullian-discovered synthesis of cortisone used to treat arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
Dr Charles Richard Drew-researched in blood plasma and set up the 1st blood bank
Lewis Howard Latimer-invented the electric lamp
Granville T Woods-invented telegraph that allowed moving trains to communicate with each other
Garrett Morgan-invented a gas mask used in WW1 to protect soldiers from chlorine fumes and traffic signals that featured automatic Stop and Go.
Patricia Bath-invented the Laserphaco Probe for treatment of cataracts.

I could have added a LOT more minorities who have contributed greatly to the advancement of this country but thought better of it, so to say that being labeled a minority is b/c of lack of intellect is totally WRONG!!

I just thought of something that happened to me...many years ago I and a friend made up a game that we called 'Shopping Spree' and b/c we couldn't get funding for it went ahead and sent it to the Mattel company. One year later we saw OUR GAME on a commercial. The only joy I get out of it is that it didn't do well!!

Last edited:
Thank You!! I was hoping someone would read between the lines of what I said and you did!! You're alright with me!!:eusa_:razz:

Ty and you too Casper.

Personally, I can understand what you mean when you say "I'm not a minority", because I'm an ethnic minority and when I'm around my kinsmen and my people, I don't feel it whatsoever, but I feel it when I turn on TV or other such things. But I realize that it's simply a political designater.

You know what, AkronGuy, I just want to live the rest of my days on earth in peace b/c I don't when my hold card will be pulled and I lost my husband in 2007 from heart failure and I'm not young anymore. God bless you and your family and may your days be filled with love and laughter.

I work for an agency that provides in-home services to the elderly and most of our clients are from an agency that is state funded. When we receive these clients they are classified not as Black, White, Hispanic, etc. Instead they are classified as NON-MINORITY OR MINORITY. Of course the minority box which is checked means that the person is not of Anglo-Saxon heritage. Why are ppl who do not have Anglo heredity referred to as a minority?

Uh, hey moron, very few Whites in America are Anglo. Anglo Saxon = English. Most White Americans are German, Celtic, or Italian. And all three take offense at being reffered to as Anglo Saxon.

Yep. I'm neither Anglo or Saxon. I'm Celtic. My family was run out of Northern Ireland by the English during the Potato Famine. It *is* offensive being referred to as "Anglo-Saxon" for any reason.

In reality, I think *very few* people (of any ethnic or racial background) actually know what an Anglo or a Saxon really is.

For instance:
To Mexican immigrants, anyone who appears to be white is called "Anglo" in their vernacular.

Excuse Me!! But from the other whites on here who brag about their heritage all I've heard is Anglo-Saxon, so go call them the morons!! Why do YOU PEOPLE have to call ppl names?

What do you mean by "YOU PEOPLE" ? ::winks::

Anyways, you hear that from some Whites, there's a lil more than a billion of us and we come from over 200 different ethnicities, cultures and many countries. There's no singular identity or ethnicity. Anglo Saxon is just one of many ethnicities. Just about any White who's called what they're not, is going to be offended.

It astounds me that so many ignorant people have NO idea who they are (Anglos/Saxons) or where an Anglo or a Saxon is from, but yet are quite willing to call anyone who appears to be white "Anglo-Saxon". Why the assumption?

I bet if you asked them, they couldn't tell you where the Anglos or the Saxons came from.

Interesting. :eusa_whistle::eek:

I'm not sure how true this is but weren't the English at one time seperated into Saxons and Normans? Just asking!! Please don't bite my head off!!

I work for an agency that provides in-home services to the elderly and most of our clients are from an agency that is state funded. When we receive these clients they are classified not as Black, White, Hispanic, etc. Instead they are classified as NON-MINORITY OR MINORITY. Of course the minority box which is checked means that the person is not of Anglo-Saxon heritage. Why are ppl who do not have Anglo heredity referred to as a minority?

Uh, hey moron, very few Whites in America are Anglo. Anglo Saxon = English. Most White Americans are German, Celtic, or Italian. And all three take offense at being reffered to as Anglo Saxon.

Yep. I'm neither Anglo or Saxon. I'm Celtic. My family was run out of Northern Ireland by the English during the Potato Famine. It *is* offensive being referred to as "Anglo-Saxon" for any reason.

In reality, I think *very few* people (of any ethnic or racial background) actually know what an Anglo or a Saxon really is.

For instance:
To Mexican immigrants, anyone who appears to be white is called "Anglo" in their vernacular.

I agree, I'm of Celtic origin.

But I can understand why Latin Americans would use that phrase, since we are Anglophones.

More info for folks....

Anglo-Saxons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anglo-Saxons is the term usually used to describe the invading Germanic tribes in the south and east of Great Britain from the early 5th century AD, and their creation of the English nation, to the Norman conquest of 1066.[1] The Benedictine monk, Bede, identified them as the descendants of three Germanic tribes:[2]

The Angles, who may have come from Angeln, and Bede wrote that their whole nation came to Britain,[3] leaving their former land empty. The name 'England' (Anglo-Saxon 'Engla land' or 'Ængla land' originates from this tribe.[4]
The Saxons, from Lower Saxony (German: Niedersachsen, Germany)
The Jutes, from the Jutland peninsula.
Their language (Old English) derives from "Ingvaeonic" West Germanic dialects and transforms into Middle English from the 11th century. Old English was divided into four main dialects: West Saxon, Mercian, Northumbrian and Kentish.

Place names seem to show that smaller numbers of some other Germanic tribes came over: Frisians at Fresham, Freston, and Friston; Flemings at Flempton and Flimby; Swabians at Swaffham; perhaps Franks at Frankton and Frankley.

Saxons - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Saxons (Latin: Saxones) were a confederation of Old Germanic tribes. Their modern-day descendants in Lower Saxony and Westphalia and other German states are considered ethnic Germans (the state of Sachsen is not inhabited by ethnic Saxons; the state of Sachsen-Anhalt though in its northern and western parts); those in the eastern Netherlands are considered to be ethnic Dutch; and those in Southern England ethnic English (see Anglo-Saxons). Their earliest known area of settlement is Northern Albingia, an area approximately that of modern Holstein.

Saxons participated in the Germanic settlement of Britain during and after the 5th century. It is unknown how many migrated from the continent to Britain though estimates for the total number of Germanic settlers vary between 10,000 and 200,000.[1] Since the 18th century, many continental Saxons have settled other parts of the world, especially in North America, Australia, South Africa, and in areas of the former Soviet Union, where some communities still maintain parts of their cultural and linguistic heritage, often under the umbrella categories "German", and "Dutch".

Because of international Hanseatic trading routes and contingent migration during the Middle Ages, Saxons mixed with and had strong influences upon the languages and cultures of the Scandinavian and Baltic peoples, and also upon the Polabian Slavs and Pomeranian West Slavic peoples.

I'm not sure how true this is but weren't the English at one time seperated into Saxons and Normans? Just asking!! Please don't bite my head off!!

Anglo comes from Angles, a Germanic tribe that settled in SE England during the Volkenwanderung ( People's Migration ), a huge migration that changed the entire western world where there was a HUGE population explosion in what is now Germany, Netherlands, Denmark and Scandenavia.

The Saxon part of it comes from the Saxons, another Germanic tribe that the Britons ( The term for the English at that time ) paid to protect them from Vikings. Well the Briton kings reniged on their deal and the Saxons essentially took what they wanted and settled on what land they wanted. And then their women and children followed. Both Angles and Saxons were a tiny minority, but their culture and more importantly their language soon overtook Celtic language and culture.

Normans is a bastardization of Northmen. The Franks ( what the French were known as then, again, another Germanic tribe ) were getting ruthelessy plundered by the Vikings ( not a tribal group but rather a generic term for a wide diaspora of Germanic and Nordic tribes ) and they made a deal with the most powerful Viking kingdom that was raiding them, they would give them the land of Normandy and an annual tribute ( extortion ) in order to protect them from the Vikings. Time goes on and Duke William the Bastard sailed across the Channel in 1066 ad and conquered the English. Which is essentially the root of all the French and English conflict throughout history.

But essentially Anglo Saxons are genetically Celtic, but culturally Germanic. But because of history and past oppressions and genocides, it's extremely offensive to refer to a Celtic person as Anglo Saxon.

See. Point made.

I have posted some info from Wikipedia (it's basically the most simple explanation of Anglos and Saxons).

Hope that helps you understand why Anglo-Saxon doesn't apply to every white person you encounter. Because it doesn't.

I am an American (born in Chicago) and a Human Being and I take offense at being called a MINORITY!! I take offense at being labeled LESS than another human being just b/c my ethnic background is not the same as theirs. I take offense that after 54 years I am still considered a sub-human being even though I work everyday, pay taxes, and do not break the law. I am not whinning...I am just offended.

And I'm trying to remember the Muslim ethnographer and traveller who spent a decade with the Kieven Rus Kingdom ( the fathers of the Russian people ). He pretty much painted the most realistic and accurate portrait of Germanic/Nordic Pagan culture during the late Volkenwanderung.

Very clean, martial, orderly and honorable people. But yet incredibly violent, openly sexual and no problems with nudity and lived in a manner similar to New England Native Americans longhouses.

I am an American (born in Chicago) and a Human Being and I take offense at being called a MINORITY!! I take offense at being labeled LESS than another human being just b/c my ethnic background is not the same as theirs. I take offense that after 54 years I am still considered a sub-human being even though I work everyday, pay taxes, and do not break the law. I am not whinning...I am just offended.

I understand where you're coming from. And to me ? You're the best of what America is. Hardworking folks.

I am an American (born in Chicago) and a Human Being and I take offense at being called a MINORITY!! I take offense at being labeled LESS than another human being just b/c my ethnic background is not the same as theirs. I take offense that after 54 years I am still considered a sub-human being even though I work everyday, pay taxes, and do not break the law.

Oh good fucking grief.

You come here whining and complaining about taking offense at being called a minority. You complain about labels being applied to you that you don't like, yet you turn around and do EXACTLY that to Celts (and other Non Anglo-Saxons who appear to be white) and get your knickers in a twist when we point out that
1) you are clueless about the term Anglo-Saxon and it's use with regard to ALL white people versus those it actually applies to
2) you are clueless that you cause offense when you label others, but refuse to be labeled yourself.

I am not whinning...I am just offended.

You ARE whining. You think that only blacks can take offense? You think only blacks are treated offensively?

Bullshit. Happens every day---and not just to black folks.

People assume if you're white, you have money. That's a generalization that happens to NOT be true, but I think *you* would be surprised at how many "minorities" (ie, non-whites) seem to believe this is actually truth. I live in a majority-black area and have for 12+ years, so I know what I'm talking about. I've experienced a number of non-white folks with this attitude. They're about as pleasant as you are.

Being black doesn't give you special privilege to piss and moan. You just thnk it does.

You want your cake and eat it too. Not happening. So stop with the whining! :eusa_hand::eusa_hand::eusa_hand:

I understand where you're coming from. And to me ? You're the best of what America is. Hardworking folks.

Both of my parents worked. My father worked on the railroad as a porter and when his back started giving him trouble he quit and drove a cab (in Chicago). Because of his cancer we moved to Kentucky and he worked at a Mall as a shoe-shine boy. My mother did housework for rich White families and worked in nursing homes. I wasn't going that route so I took typing in school and held jobs in the clerical field until I was hired where I am now, which has been for 20 yrs. What I hate is that I cannot retire until I am 67. Bummer!!

I'm glad you understand her....I sure the hell don't.

Whines about being labeled, yet wrongly labels all whites "Anglo-Saxons" and when it is pointed out she gets her knickers in a twist and loudly claims she's "JUST OFFENDED".

Oh well. There is NO right to NOT BE OFFENDED in life. It's gonna happen~~no matter your skin color. Get over it.

casper4020322 said:
Both of my parents worked.

Yeah? Mine too.

In fact, they "retired" to Florida in 1999 and are still working. Dad's in his 70's and Mom's in her late 60's. They're not working because they've got a trust fund and a great big inheritance sitting around waiting to be tapped.

Both of my parents have fought (and won so far) battles with a very aggressive, often deadly form of Cancer. Mom is an 11 year survivor and Dad just hit 4 years this past Christmas Eve.

Both continued to work through surgery, chemo and radiation. Mom is a RN (who lost the bottom of her foot to Melanoma) and Dad is in sales (who lost most of the right side of his face to Melanoma).

They're still working. Oh, did I tell you about the 4 hurricanes that all but destroyed their house in 2004 (and no, it's NOT a waterside property---its 20 minutes inland)??

My father worked on the railroad as a porter and when his back started giving him trouble he quit and drove a cab (in Chicago). Because of his cancer we moved to Kentucky and he worked at a Mall as a shoe-shine boy. My mother did housework for rich White families and worked in nursing homes. I wasn't going that route so I took typing in school and held jobs in the clerical field until I was hired where I am now, which has been for 20 yrs. What I hate is that I cannot retire until I am 67. Bummer!!

Yeah, at 47 years old, what I hate is that I probably will not able to retire until I drop dead at work. There will be NO social security by then and my 401(k) has long ago been used up to meet life's unexpected financial challenges.

I am currently taking classes right now so that I'll at least be able to "retire" sitting down at a computer. Lucky me.

And guess what? Retirement is NOT a right.

I don't know what you're going on and on about tonight. You're having a pity party. I guarantee you I can match you complaint by complaint. But because you're black and I'm white your complaints will be taken more seriously than mine.

So fucking what? Get on with life.....quit your bitching. There are people in hospitals all over this country fighing to LIVE at this very moment. There are people in Haiti hoping and praying (against all odds) that their loved ones will be found alive underneath the great piles of rubble.

Every day above ground's a good one.

You could have it WAY worse than you do.....we ALL COULD.

Jen

Last edited:
I don't know why I'm bitching tonite either but since I can I AM! Ain't that what this site is for? To get whatever is on your chest or in your mind out of your system!!? Why do you come?:eusa_hand:

I don't know why I'm bitching tonite either but since I can I AM! Ain't that what this site is for? To get whatever is on your chest or in your mind out of your system!!? Why do you come?:eusa_hand:

Sure, you can bitch and complain here. But don't DENY that you're doing that--when clearly you are.

Look familiar?
casper4020322 said:

AND....don't expect others to join your pity party OR have sympathy for you. We all have problems hun. Yours are certainly no worse than others.

We get it. You're black and therefore, a "minority" in the USA. You're pissed about it and you want us to know.

Got it. Check. ;)

Anything else you're pissed about you think we need to know? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back