I am new here.

JP Cusick

Real name identity.
May 8, 2011
Hollywood, MD. 20636
Hi all.

I am a candidate for the US Senate for the State of Maryland but I still want to discuss issues on this board, and I really am not campaigning here as I am campaigning only in my own State of Maryland.

Being new to this forum does not mean I am new to Internet forums because in fact I am very well experienced online, and I am not sensitive to comments or criticism and I do hope to have some spirited discussions on the board.

Even though my campaign is in Maryland - if elected as a U.S. Senator then my intended reforms are to cover the entire USA so that might add some spice.

I plan to post a topic soon in the "Politics" board as this here is only my introduction and we do not want to debate politics on this Intro board.

For me it is important that I communicate under my real name as myself and not anonymously because I do expect and want my words to be scrutinized.

JP

Welcome!
We have a lot of mud slinging around here but many discussions on serious matters also.
I think you will find how diverse our country really is from things on this board.
P.S. Just remember that we have people from all over the world posting here.

Last edited:
Interesting home page. Ya don't have a lot of issues you're concerned with and the one you do concentrate on links to federal law listing. Playing it close to the chest? :eusa_eh:

I'm moving to Maryland as part of BRAC this year...should be interesting

I am, J.P. Cusick, a Democratic Party candidate for Maryland to the U.S Senate, and my primary platform is to reform the Child Support laws.
It is my contention that every candidate for any office in any location have the desire and intentions to improve schools and lower crime, to save the environment and to build roads and infrastructure, so I see it as disingenuous to offer such things as a political platform or as the basis of a campaign.
It is my intention to reform the Child Support laws because the laws we have now are undermining our social structure, and systematically destroying the families, and turning parenting into a crime, and it alienates the children, and it needs to be stopped.
My campaign for the U.S. Senate is in the knowledge that no one else has the fortitude and determination nor the understanding of these issues as I will bring to the office.

J.P. Cusick

Seem like a one trick pony candidate.......almost like that "The rent is too damn high" guy

Interesting home page. Ya don't have a lot of issues you're concerned with and the one you do concentrate on links to federal law listing. Playing it close to the chest? :eusa_eh:
There really is a logical strategy behind this and I will try to explain.

When one is an incumbent candidate then to use very many issues it is to their advantage because it widens their field, but for an outside challenger then one must have very few issues and even just one point to attack with because the challenger will be dumped on and dumped out with the many issues.

This is a debatable strategy which might work or might fail and it is more risky because many issues would protect me better if I lose and my one issue will damage me far more if I lose under the one, but if I win the election under a one issue platform then that will give me a mandate - especially if I win against an incumbent - so I have more to lose and more to win in this strategy.

It actually comes from Alexander the Great who made a fantastic defeat against Darius the Persian around 326 B.C.E. In the Sanskrit of old India the strategy is referred to as "the thunderbolt formation" as that is what they called a lightning bolt by our modern terminology.

The thunderbolt is to strike the larger opponent in as small of a point as possible - even needle point (or lightning point), because a wide field against a bigger opponent is sure to lose.

Alexander led his charge into the Persians at a small entrance which divided the Persian army and then he charged directly at Darius the heart of their forces and as Darius was forced to flee then Alexander won a great historical victory.

Many people have tried to follow the Alexander strategy and many have failed in it while others have been successful. Julius Caesar claimed to follow Alexander but the story of Shakespeare has Mark Anthony using the strategy in his naval attack and the Romans knew the strategy and defeated Anthony by letting his lead ship to pass through their front lines. At Waterloo Napoleon used the strategy but even though Napoleon broke through the lines there was no Darius for him to strike so he lost. The WWII battle of the bulge was another example where the German pointed affront did work but again there was no Darius to strike and they lost. George W. Bush tried it in his claim of "weapons of mass destruction" and Bush failed because it was not there. The strategy requires both a needle point attack and a vulnerable target to strike and so I am doing the strategy whether it works or not is yet to be seen.

You said "Playing it close to the chest" and that was a very accurate assessment.

JP

Welcome to USMB. My wife and I live in PA but we used to live in MD (Waldorf).

Smart man, ya got out. (Of Waldorf/Maryland) :lol:
It cost me nearly $1700 to register my truck in Maryland. Only $86 here in PA.
My only regret is that my wife and I didn't buy a condo for the two years we were there 2004-2006. If we had done that we would have made anywhere from 50-150,000 profit. Again, that's the story of my life!

We really need a 'spit' smiley to go along side the word 'politician'.

No offense, but I've never met a politician I didn't want to slap. Hard.

There really is a logical strategy behind this and I will try to explain.

When one is an incumbent candidate then to use very many issues it is to their advantage because it widens their field, but for an outside challenger then one must have very few issues and even just one point to attack with because the challenger will be dumped on and dumped out with the many issues.

This is a debatable strategy which might work or might fail and it is more risky because many issues would protect me better if I lose and my one issue will damage me far more if I lose under the one, but if I win the election under a one issue platform then that will give me a mandate - especially if I win against an incumbent - so I have more to lose and more to win in this strategy.

It actually comes from Alexander the Great who made a fantastic defeat against Darius the Persian around 326 B.C.E. In the Sanskrit of old India the strategy is referred to as "the thunderbolt formation" as that is what they called a lightning bolt by our modern terminology.

The thunderbolt is to strike the larger opponent in as small of a point as possible - even needle point (or lightning point), because a wide field against a bigger opponent is sure to lose.

Alexander led his charge into the Persians at a small entrance which divided the Persian army and then he charged directly at Darius the heart of their forces and as Darius was forced to flee then Alexander won a great historical victory.

Many people have tried to follow the Alexander strategy and many have failed in it while others have been successful. Julius Caesar claimed to follow Alexander but the story of Shakespeare has Mark Anthony using the strategy in his naval attack and the Romans knew the strategy and defeated Anthony by letting his lead ship to pass through their front lines. At Waterloo Napoleon used the strategy but even though Napoleon broke through the lines there was no Darius for him to strike so he lost. The WWII battle of the bulge was another example where the German pointed affront did work but again there was no Darius to strike and they lost. George W. Bush tried it in his claim of "weapons of mass destruction" and Bush failed because it was not there. The strategy requires both a needle point attack and a vulnerable target to strike and so I am doing the strategy whether it works or not is yet to be seen.

You said "Playing it close to the chest" and that was a very accurate assessment.

JP

So how much did your wife screw you in the divorce?

Politicains
spit-2110.gif

Thank you to Rat in the Hat for the excellent find of a spitting smiley. I wonder if I stamp my lil feet and whine a lot whether the Big Gun will add it to our list?

I say that seems like a rather fitting question for this intro thread - even though that question is popping out of no where visible.

I do not see my wife as screwing me in our divorce as our separation was my fault and the divorce was equitable.

Me and she were High School sweethearts and our marriage failed but we had a healthy son and we live with the consequences.

Did your wife screw you?

:eusa_whistle:

I say that seems like a rather fitting question for this intro thread - even though that question is popping out of no where visible.

I do not see my wife as screwing me in our divorce as our separation was my fault and the divorce was equitable.

Me and she were High School sweethearts and our marriage failed but we had a healthy son and we live with the consequences.

Did your wife screw you?
:eusa_whistle:

He wishes!

Forum List

Back