I am new and I would like to intro myself

fuzzykitten99

VIP Member
Apr 23, 2004
You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
I am new, and thought a little intro would be in order to state ahead of time, who I am and where I stand

I am a 23 yr old married mother of an 8 m.o. boy. I live in a suburb of Liberal-apolis...sorry Minneapolis, far enough away from the looney liberal lefties that I only see 2x a day when I have to drive down to South Minneapolis to go to work.

I used to be liberal. This is because I was taught by the liberal education system that it is a bad thing to be conservative, but for no apparent reason, other than public school needs more funding (this was the story EVERY year I attended school).

I finally started switching over to being conservative when I actually started getting sick of the whining, complaining, never-ever satisfied Liberal side, and started actually LISTENING to the arguments of the Right, and I felt the arguments made sense. I then looked at what the left kept pumping into my brain for 20 years.

When Bush was first elected, I wasn't too thrilled because I voted for Nader, but I said ok, lets see what this guy can do. Let's give him a chance. The world was not coming to an end, and the sky was not going to fall. The more time went on, the more conservative I became, due to my getting married, having a baby, basically growing up.

I also listened to reason, and logic. I realized the most of the liberal ideas were more fantasies and pipe dreams, and demented visualizations they tried to pass as logic.

I got tired of the endless complaining, but no offers of realistic solutions. I got tired of the childish name-calling and constant dodging of direct questions. But mostly what started the 'conversion' was the crap that the liberals pulled at the memorial for Senator Wellstone. Even though I was a liberal at the time, I thought that Wellstone was out of his mind, but his death was tragic, because though his ideas were demented, he believed in them with his heart. Many politicians (left AND right) only say they believe them to get your vote, not your support. I was apalled at what the memorial turned out to. I applauded our pathetic-excuse for a Governor Ventura even walked out in disgust. It was then that I realized just how demented the left is, and I wanted no part in it.

I found it extremely amusing when they pulled old Mondale out of the cellar to run for Governor, and failed miserably. That shows how despirate they were. Norm Coleman obviously won.

Anyway that is my story. Comment or question as you feel.

Welcome to the board fuzzykitten99!!!!!!!

I am sure you will get along with everyone here quite fine! :D

Hi fuzzles.
Sorry to here you went for voting for Nader to supporting Bush...
But welcome.;)

I spent a month canoeing(sp?) and hiking around the boundary waters up by Deluth(so?) when I was 16. It rained 24 out of 28 days, and on top of this, our maps were incorrect as some of the lakes had been all but vaporized by Hurricaine Gloria. Yikes! Having flashbacks of wading through knee-high water with a canoe above my head and no idea where I was going.

Not my favorite trip but Minnesota/Canada are beautiful.
I now split my time between Hartford, CT and NYC.

I have never been to Minnesota, but I hear it is beautiful.

Anyways, in Minnesota:

*** The rest has been edited ***

Originally posted by jimnyc
Big D, I suggest you read the reminder thread again. Your stats don't belong in this thread.
I thought we were talking about Minnesota? Do you know how many sunny days Minnesota has a year?

Originally posted by Big D
I thought we were talking about Minnesota? Do you know how many sunny days Minnesota has a year?

I honestly don't know much about Minnesota other than the Vikings. :)

At least give her a chance to settle into the board before knocking her senseless with your stats!

Originally posted by Big D

I imagine it's sunny ANY day that you aren't in the fine state of Minnesota.

Originally posted by jimnyc
I honestly don't know much about Minnesota other than the Vikings. :)

At least give her a chance to settle into the board before knocking her senseless with your stats!

They talk funny:

Mee-nuh-soo-ta...:cool:

Sigh...I just hate all these sunny days in south Florida! (relaxing in shorts, sipping a Cuba Libre, watching the bunnies frolic on the beach...):D

Originally posted by jcon96
Sigh...I just hate all these sunny days in south Florida! (relaxing in shorts, sipping a Cuba Libre, watching the bunnies frolic on the beach...):D
:p:

I LOVE Florida...my hubby and I honeymooned there January '03. It was great because we practically had the whole parks to us and it wasn't too warm. We had such a great time, we are going to buy a vacation condo there (no not timeshare, an actucal vacation home) in about 5 years or less. It was also fun teasing everyone back home that they were freezing their heinies off with sub-zero temps and even lower windchills.

I figured someone would bring up the Minnesota accent thing...the Cities-dwellers and the suburb inhabitants so not have much of an accent, if at all. The people that live in the Northern parts do though. My step-dad and his mom & dad and 9 other siblings are from the Detroit Lakes/Frazee area, and when I saw the movie Fargo, I kept thinking that they sounded exactly like my step-dad and his family. It didn't click right away.

As far as sunny days here, there have been plenty, but just because the sun is out, does not mean it is warm. We have been on a rollercoaster of temperatures here. Tomorrow it is supposed to be in the mid 80's(we'll see if that really happens!), yet today it was in the 60's, then tomorrow and the rest of the week, high 50's to low 60's.

see our local weather forecast
http://www.kstp.com/article/archive/8/?tf=Weather.tpl&Limit=2

Mother Nature can't seem to make up her mind.

Also, thanks for the welcome everyone.

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
BTW, the avatar that i just uploaded is a pic of my son, Nathan

He is just addorable fuzzykitten! precious!

Originally posted by fuzzykitten99
BTW, the avatar that i just uploaded is a pic of my son, Nathan

They are sooo cute at that age! Treasure every moment with him,cause they grow very fast!!

Forum List

Back