I am new and I would like to intro myself

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by fuzzykitten99, Apr 27, 2004.

1. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    I am new, and thought a little intro would be in order to state ahead of time, who I am and where I stand

I am a 23 yr old married mother of an 8 m.o. boy. I live in a suburb of Liberal-apolis...sorry Minneapolis, far enough away from the looney liberal lefties that I only see 2x a day when I have to drive down to South Minneapolis to go to work.

I used to be liberal. This is because I was taught by the liberal education system that it is a bad thing to be conservative, but for no apparent reason, other than public school needs more funding (this was the story EVERY year I attended school).

I finally started switching over to being conservative when I actually started getting sick of the whining, complaining, never-ever satisfied Liberal side, and started actually LISTENING to the arguments of the Right, and I felt the arguments made sense. I then looked at what the left kept pumping into my brain for 20 years.

When Bush was first elected, I wasn't too thrilled because I voted for Nader, but I said ok, lets see what this guy can do. Let's give him a chance. The world was not coming to an end, and the sky was not going to fall. The more time went on, the more conservative I became, due to my getting married, having a baby, basically growing up.

I also listened to reason, and logic. I realized the most of the liberal ideas were more fantasies and pipe dreams, and demented visualizations they tried to pass as logic.

I got tired of the endless complaining, but no offers of realistic solutions. I got tired of the childish name-calling and constant dodging of direct questions. But mostly what started the 'conversion' was the crap that the liberals pulled at the memorial for Senator Wellstone. Even though I was a liberal at the time, I thought that Wellstone was out of his mind, but his death was tragic, because though his ideas were demented, he believed in them with his heart. Many politicians (left AND right) only say they believe them to get your vote, not your support. I was apalled at what the memorial turned out to. I applauded our pathetic-excuse for a Governor Ventura even walked out in disgust. It was then that I realized just how demented the left is, and I wanted no part in it.

I found it extremely amusing when they pulled old Mondale out of the cellar to run for Governor, and failed miserably. That shows how despirate they were. Norm Coleman obviously won.

Anyway that is my story. Comment or question as you feel.

2. janeeng

janeeng Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the board fuzzykitten99!!!!!!!

I am sure you will get along with everyone here quite fine! :D

3. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Welcome, fuzzykitten. :)

4. Moi

Moi Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy some spirited debate.

5. musicman

musicman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +533
    Welcome to you from both Joz and myself.

6. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199
    I was also going to ask if anyone else here lives in or is from Minnesota? Just our of curiosity.

7. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hi fuzzles.
    Sorry to here you went for voting for Nader to supporting Bush...
    But welcome.;)

I spent a month canoeing(sp?) and hiking around the boundary waters up by Deluth(so?) when I was 16. It rained 24 out of 28 days, and on top of this, our maps were incorrect as some of the lakes had been all but vaporized by Hurricaine Gloria. Yikes! Having flashbacks of wading through knee-high water with a canoe above my head and no idea where I was going.

Not my favorite trip but Minnesota/Canada are beautiful.
    I now split my time between Hartford, CT and NYC.

8. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have never been to Minnesota, but I hear it is beautiful.

Anyways, in Minnesota:

*** The rest has been edited ***

9. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Big D, I suggest you read the reminder thread again. Your stats don't belong in this thread.

10. Big D

Big D Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought we were talking about Minnesota? Do you know how many sunny days Minnesota has a year?