I am losing faith in our representative democracy

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
There's too much gridlock; shit moves too slowly. All we do is trip and fall repeatedly as we try to walk in ten different directions shackled to each other. I know it's working as intended, but what was intended doesn't work well with a world that is becoming more and more fast-paced. I want a system that is capable of making big and bold decisions in a timely manner. I want to see the ball rolling. I am tired of the status quo, the same shit different day. Something needs to change.

There's too much gridlock; shit moves too slowly. All we do is trip and fall repeatedly as we try to walk in ten different directions shackled to each other. I know it's working as intended, but what was intended doesn't work well with a world that is becoming more and more fast-paced. I want a system that is capable of making big and bold decisions in a timely manner. I want to see the ball rolling. I am tired of the status quo, the same shit different day. Something needs to change.
Could you be more vague?

It was meant to be slow.....It doesn't work because numerous changes have been made to the original charter, which are designed to ignore and circumvent its limitations.

quote-prudence-indeed-will-dictate-that-governments-long-established-should-not-be-changed-for-light-thomas-jefferson-307078.jpg

There's only two ways to have a "system that is capable of making big and bold decisions in a timely manner".

One is a dictatorship, and the other is having the Executive and Legislative branches communicating, collaborating and innovating with the best interests of the country in mind, not tribal, petty, party-over-country partisan politics.

I wouldn't hold my breath on either.

The chief characteristic and distinguishing feature of a Democracy is: Rule by Omnipotent Majority.

In a Democracy, The Individual, and any group of Individuals composing any Minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of The Majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man.

This is true whether it be a Direct Democracy, or a Representative Democracy.

A Republic, on the other hand, (ahem) has a very different purpose and an entirely different form, or system, of government. Its purpose is to control The Majority strictly, as well as all others among the people, primarily to protect The Individual’s God-given, unalienable rights and therefore for the protection of the rights of The Minority, of all minorities, and the liberties of people in general.

The definition of a Republic is: a constitutionally limited government of the representative type, created by a written Constitution--adopted by the people and changeable (from its original meaning) by them only by its amendment--with its powers divided between three separate Branches: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. Here the term "the people" means, of course, the electorate.

So. That said, I am losing faith in our Republic. Why is that? I'll tell you why. All of the numbskulls complaining about 'our representative democracy'...like it's some form of government we run or something....when they're getting precisely what they're asking for by misrepresenting 'our Republic.'

Last edited:
  • Banned
It was meant to be slow.

Yeah, I noted my awareness of that clearly in the OP. Sorry to say this but I don't really deify all of the opinions of people from the 1700s that were less educated than me and had no concept of what the world would be like centuries later.

It was meant to be slow.

Yeah, I noted my awareness of that clearly in the OP. Sorry to say this but I don't really deify all of the opinions of people from the 1700s that were less educated than me and had no concept of what the world would be like centuries later.
Could you manage to be just a wee bit more arrogant?

I agree. The democratic party should be labeled a terrorist organization.

The chief characteristic and distinguishing feature of a Democracy is: Rule by Omnipotent Majority.

In a Democracy, The Individual, and any group of Individuals composing any Minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of The Majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man.

This is true whether it be a Direct Democracy, or a Representative Democracy.

A Republic, on the other hand, (ahem) has a very different purpose and an entirely different form, or system, of government. Its purpose is to control The Majority strictly, as well as all others among the people, primarily to protect The Individual’s God-given, unalienable rights and therefore for the protection of the rights of The Minority, of all minorities, and the liberties of people in general.

The definition of a Republic is: a constitutionally limited government of the representative type, created by a written Constitution--adopted by the people and changeable (from its original meaning) by them only by its amendment--with its powers divided between three separate Branches: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. Here the term "the people" means, of course, the electorate.

So. That said, I am losing faith in our Republic. Why is that? I'll tell you why. All of the numbskulls complaining about 'our representative democracy'...like it's some form of government we run or something....when they're getting precisly what they're asking for by misrepresenting 'our Republic.'

I don't see that we're either scenario any longer NC....

~S~

A system like that makes big and bold mistakes at breakneck speed.

Most of you are more educated than the founders too, and have more relevant context to base your opinions on because you actually live in the current times. They said some good shit and gave us something decent to work with, but the deification of everything they said is really kind of ridiculous.

~S~

Yeah. Seems so. Congress is basically handing off its responsibility to 9 appointed clowns in gowns. What a mess. We'll be a monarchy before we know it. lol.

Last edited:

Most of you are more educated than the founders too, and have more relevant context to base your opinions on because you actually live in the current times. They said some good shit and gave us something decent to work with, but the deification of everything they said is really kind of ridiculous.
There's no deification here, bub....The Framers limited the federal government to a very few and specific areas....That it has been grown to vastly exceed its authority isn't the fault of the model, it's the fault of those who changed it for the expansion of their power, using the the aforementioned light and transient causes as an excuse.

Piously claiming that we're all so much smarter now is entirely immaterial.

~S~

Yeah. Seems so. Congress is basically handing off its' responsibility to 9 appointed clowns in gowns. What a mess. We'll be a monarchy before we know it. lol.
Another band of Bozos who have greatly exceeded their authority....As though that's the fault of the original charter.

That it has been grown to vastly exceed its authority isn't the fault of the model, it's the fault of those who changed it for the expansion of their power,

agreed Odd one

yet everytime i mention we are loosing our liberties to such factions, i'm labeled a liberal, a leftie , etc etc

~S~

Apathy serves the elites. If you are losing faith in our institutions then that is exactly what the plutocracy wants.

That it has been grown to vastly exceed its authority isn't the fault of the model, it's the fault of those who changed it for the expansion of their power,

agreed Odd one

yet everytime i mention we are loosing our liberties to such factions, i'm labeled a liberal, a leftie , etc etc

~S~
Perhaps liberalism is more associated with larger government with Repub help. With larger government comes less liberties.

Forum List

Back