"I Am Jazz": The Hard Left Media Relativism of Harm Done To Children's Bodies by Adult Influences

Do you approve of grooming or influencing or promoting children thinking they need sex change?

• Yes, what a child believes is fact and we should all support them.

• No, this is child abuse.

• I believe in transgender surgery here for minors in Oregon, but not the genital mutilation in the ME

Results are only viewable after voting.
Celebrate ice cream and kids will want ice cream. Celebrate Bruce Jenner, and kids will want to be Bruce Jenner. We are planting this seed and it is growing.

When you compare eating ice cream to being trans-gendered you have jumped the shark.

The issue isn't ice cream, it is indoctrination. And how easily swayed children are. Leave them alone.

I am glad we can now all agree that this issue isn't comparable to ice cream like you previously tried to do.

Now you are calling it indoctrination, which is really the opposite of what is going on. Indoctrination would be if the parents imposed a set series of rules or beliefs upon the child without any care or concern about critical thought. I hate to break it to you but if indoctrination is your enemy you picked the wrong side.

You are incorrect. Ice cream was an example of how easily swayed children are. I have a puppy. Want to pet my puppy? Come with me. <another example.

There is a push to glorify gay/transgender. We are building elementary schools that include pharmacies. We don't teach 1st graders to write anymore, but we teach them about what can be done to their vagina and penis.
Let our children be children. LEAVE THEM ALONE.

So now in your world people are trying to get people into the white van of trans-genderism or something?

You are delusional.

Gay people and transgendered people are only glorified to the extent that they have been in hiding for so long and are finally coming out of hiding. People are able to use their capacity to love and have empathy for their situation and recognize the hardship they have been put through. There is really no glorification of gay sex compared to any other sexual acts. At best you have an attempt to see equality.

Celebrate ice cream and kids will want ice cream. Celebrate Bruce Jenner, and kids will want to be Bruce Jenner. We are planting this seed and it is growing.

When you compare eating ice cream to being trans-gendered you have jumped the shark.

The issue isn't ice cream, it is indoctrination. And how easily swayed children are. Leave them alone.

I am glad we can now all agree that this issue isn't comparable to ice cream like you previously tried to do.

Now you are calling it indoctrination, which is really the opposite of what is going on. Indoctrination would be if the parents imposed a set series of rules or beliefs upon the child without any care or concern about critical thought. I hate to break it to you but if indoctrination is your enemy you picked the wrong side.

You are incorrect. Ice cream was an example of how easily swayed children are. I have a puppy. Want to pet my puppy? Come with me. <another example.

There is a push to glorify gay/transgender. We are building elementary schools that include pharmacies. We don't teach 1st graders to write anymore, but we teach them about what can be done to their vagina and penis.
Leave them alone in their sex play as well? Oh right, you don't approve of that.

So now in your world people are trying to get people into the white van of trans-genderism or something?

You are delusional.

Gay people and transgendered people are only glorified to the extent that they have been in hiding for so long and are finally coming out of hiding. People are able to use their capacity to love and have empathy for their situation and recognize the hardship they have been put through. There is really no glorification of gay sex compared to any other sexual acts. At best you have an attempt to see equality.

if you don't get how impressionable children are, then this point will be moot. Do not let children be swayed by a world wide push to glorify homosexuals. There is no reason on this earth why boy scouts should be marching behind this. It is an agenda:

dyke7-thumb-640xauto-797460.jpg

enhanced-buzz-21217-1372437692-15.jpg

You are delusional.

if you don't get how impressionable children are, then this point will be moot. Do not let children be swayed by a world wide push to glorify homosexuals. There is no reason on this earth why boy scouts should be marching behind this. It is an agenda:

The only harmful agenda I see is the one by the far right who wants to paint gay people in the most harmful light they think they can get away with. This is the harmful agenda that has kept gay and trans-gendered people in hiding for so long. It is the agenda that has to be stopped.

Kids are impressionable. I am sure you don't even begin to critically think about this issue you are so brainwashed and that started from an early age. Kids don't care about people being gay. Hating gay people is something they were taught.

You are delusional.

The only harmful agenda I see is the one by the far right who wants to paint gay people in the most harmful light they think they can get away with. This is the harmful agenda that has kept gay and trans-gendered people in hiding for so long. It is the agenda that has to be stopped.

Kids are impressionable. I am sure you don't even begin to critically think about this issue you are so brainwashed and that started from an early age. Kids don't care about people being gay. Hating gay people is something they were taught.

The harm we have is the promoting of immorality for the last 50 years and we are seeing it with the breakdown of society.

You are delusional.

The harm we have is the promoting of immorality for the last 50 years and we are seeing it with the breakdown of society.

Am I supposed to take this seriously or are you just mocking stupid people for a laugh?

Kids that young don't know that they want their dicks lobbed off. This is part of the freakish gay agenda.

You are delusional.

Am I supposed to take this seriously or are you just mocking stupid people for a laugh?

Lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

You are delusional.

Lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

I have had the great honor to be raised as a Christian by loving parents who emphasized Jesus's command to love your neighbor as yourself, the importance of truth, and the importance of my own ability to think critically.

When I look at your posts I only see ignorance and hate. I do not see the love Christ taught us.

I have had the great honor to be raised as a Christian by loving parents who emphasized Jesus's command to love your neighbor as yourself, the importance of truth, and the importance of my own ability to think critically.

When I look at your posts I only see ignorance and hate. I do not see the love Christ taught us.

Being moral is not hate.
That quote came straight from the Bible.

For the record- while I oppose Silhoette's agenda- I do not support this TV show- it reeks of exploitation of a potentially vulnerable teenager.

Christ forgave the sinner, He didn't capitulate to their sin. Didn't condone it because the sinner enjoyed it. Didn't tell them to think about it and then make their own decision. He told them to go and sin no more. To the extent that if the right eye is doing something that keeps you in sin, remove it.

Don't know what your parents taught you, but I know what Christ taught:

And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

Stop skewing the love of Christ to promote your opinion. Homosexuality is the issue here. Not the homosexual.

For the record- while I oppose Silhoette's agenda- I do not support this TV show- it reeks of exploitation of a potentially vulnerable teenager.
Why? The LGBT "logic" is that this boy's story will help other kids to keep from killing themselves. While the statistics for post-op sex "change" surgery bear a heavy burden of elevated suicide since the knife didn't cure the mental problems..

I'd like to know why you think the teenager is "vulnerable"? Possibly because of adult coercion?

Why? The LGBT "logic" is that this boy's story will help other kids to keep from killing themselves. While the statistics for post-op sex "change" surgery bear a heavy burden of elevated suicide since the knife didn't cure the mental problems..

Actually the stats are the exact opposite of what you say. WIth suicide rates dropping by 90% post surgery.

I'd like to know why you think the teenager is "vulnerable"? Possibly because of adult coercion?

No- I know when you hear hoofbeats you assume 'adult coercion'- but of course that is not what I meant.

Being a teenager is an emotional roller coaster under the best of circumstances. Putting a teenagers life on TV like this does make me worry that this teenager's life is being exploited by adults- mainly TV executives- who do not care about the health of this child, and only care about making money.

I think it is exploitive. Simple as that.

What I find most troubling about these stories is that the kids seem to have bought into a very narrow definition of gender norms, and try to assimilate to them through radical procedures. Even many cisgender people are given bodies by nature that they are not comfortable with. Is it to be then that their discontentment should be solved with chemicals and surgery? If it really such a cruel world we live in that people can't accept themselves as they are, that says to me that what needs to be radically altered is this world.

What I find most troubling about these stories is that the kids seem to have bought into a very narrow definition of gender norms, and try to assimilate to them through radical procedures. Even many cisgender people are given bodies by nature that they are not comfortable with. Is it to be then that their discontentment should be solved with chemicals and surgery? If it really such a cruel world we live in that people can't accept themselves as they are, that says to me that what needs to be radically altered is this world.
To cut is to cure, the surgeons motto, and still very valid at times. And while it's entirely correct that there are not just two genders, our country has set it up to be that way so being in the middle, mixed gender or intersexed, causes huge problems. The more clearly you are on one team or the other, the easier it is to go along to get along, fair or not.

To cut is to cure, the surgeons motto, and still very valid at times. And while it's entirely correct that there are not just two genders, our country has set it up to be that way so being in the middle, mixed gender or intersexed, causes huge problems. The more clearly you are on one team or the other, the easier it is to go along to get along, fair or not.

I was just giving an actual hard-left perspective. The right would do well to accept the casualties of their system for what they are.

Actually the stats are the exact opposite of what you say. WIth suicide rates dropping by 90% post surgery.
Well let's quit quibbling between the two of us, let's ask an expert: Johns Hopkins Psychiatrist Transgender is Mental Disorder Sex Change Biologically Impossible OrthoChristian.Com

Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry, said that transgenderism is a “mental disorder” that merits treatment, that sex change is “biologically impossible,” and that people who promote sexual reassignment surgery are collaborating with and promoting a mental disorder...Dr. McHugh, the author of six books and at least 125 peer-reviewed medical articles, made his remarks in a recent commentary in the Wall Street Journal, where he explained that transgender surgery is not the solution for people who suffer a “disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically...He also reported on a new study showing that the suicide rate among transgendered people who had reassignment surgery is 20 times higher than the suicide rate among non-transgender people.

This intensely felt sense of being transgendered constitutes a mental disorder in two respects. The first is that the idea of sex misalignment is simply mistaken – it does not correspond with physical reality. The second is that it can lead to grim psychological outcomes.”...
This assumption, that one’s gender is only in the mind regardless of anatomical reality, has led some transgendered people to push for social acceptance and affirmation of their own subjective “personal truth,” said Dr. McHugh. As a result, some states – California, New Jersey, and Massachusetts – have passed laws barring psychiatrists, “even with parental permission, from striving to restore natural gender feelings to a transgender minor,” he said.
The pro-transgender advocates do not want to know, said McHugh, that studies show between 70% and 80% of children who express transgender feelings “spontaneously lose those feelings” over time. Also, for those who had sexual reassignment surgery, most said they were “satisfied” with the operation “but their subsequent psycho-social adjustments were no better than those who didn’t have the surgery.”...
“And so at Hopkins we stopped doing sex-reassignment surgery, since producing a ‘satisfied’ but still troubled patient seemed an inadequate reason for surgically amputating normal organs,” said Dr. McHugh...

....also warned against enabling or encouraging certain subgroups of the transgendered, such as young people “susceptible to suggestion from ‘everything is normal’ sex education,” and the schools’ “diversity counselors” who, like “cult leaders,” may “encourage these young people to distance themselves from their families and offer advice on rebutting arguments against having transgender surgery.”

Forum List

Back