I am craving........

I usually crave salads........with a bit of Red Wine Vinegar, oil, and salt & pepper.

Since I stopped working and have been doing so much stuff outside in the heat, I am eating a lot of salads. The coolness of them really helps. I was going to make one today. But it seems when I went to the grocery last I forgot the lettuce. I have everything else. LOL. I could have done a Greek salad, but I've kind of overdone that one of late. And I made one when I visited the kids in Georgia just a couple weeks ago.

Apples, chopped spinach, dried cranberries, celery, radishes, broccoli, that all works too.

Throw in a can of strained green or kidney beans if you like.

I also love pasta salad.

Sounds delish. I also add avocado and some toasted slivered almonds to salad.

Since I stopped working and have been doing so much stuff outside in the heat, I am eating a lot of salads. The coolness of them really helps. I was going to make one today. But it seems when I went to the grocery last I forgot the lettuce. I have everything else. LOL. I could have done a Greek salad, but I've kind of overdone that one of late. And I made one when I visited the kids in Georgia just a couple weeks ago.

Apples, chopped spinach, dried cranberries, celery, radishes, broccoli, that all works too.

Throw in a can of strained green or kidney beans if you like.

I also love pasta salad.

Sounds delish. I also add avocado and some toasted slivered almonds to salad.

That works too.

Top it off with a bottle of Chianti.

LMAO. Funny. Well, some of the equipment has been removed!

Hopefully not the best equipment. You know, bumpers, headlights, spacious trunk, and comfortable seats.

I have one headlight, a spacious trunk and very comfy seats. I am a walking heater too, so....I am very cozy during the winter. :tongue:

I bet.

One headlight, huh? I'm not gonna touch that one........unless you ask.

Anyway, I'm a trunk man.

I worked at a place that was famous for pressure-cooked fried chicken...I worked there two years and cooked I don't know how many yummy birds....

They brined the chick for a day or two, then shook them in seasoned flour, then laid the chick out on big sheets with waxed paper over it until it went into the fryer.

I don't remember how long they went in for though, I didn't think I'd ever forget! Set the timer, load the fryer, shut it down, pull it out...We threw in jojos with the chicken....

I have a pressure canner now and I do believe it comes with instrucctions for how to cook pressure fried chicken. Might have to try it!

1/2 chicken = $4.99

The whole thing was $7

Served w/ 6 big jojos, texas toast, and lots of ranch they made there.

Forum List

Back