I am conducting a live social experiment as we speak. Not willingly mind you.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
So as some of you may know I had major work done on my truck last week. Today it failed. In the middle of social suburbanite. I waited an hour for the first tow truck only to find out my truck was to big for it. Now almost two hours into this ordeal while I have waited for a larger tow truck I have made some social observations.
Keep in mind I am in a relatively wealthy section of town on a very busy road.

I have had the following people stop to offer help.

A young black man.
3 different blue collar workers in trucks.
About 5 different cops.

None were local residents.
None were of this areas wealth.
Only average Joe's.

Out of the HUNDREDS that have driven by only a handful bothered to even inquire.

I would've kicked up rocks and dust as I drove past you as if the Devil himself was behind me.

I hope your ordeal ends soon. How is the weather?

So as some of you may know I had major work done on my truck last week. Today it failed. In the middle of social suburbanite. I waited an hour for the first tow truck only to find out my truck was to big for it. Now almost two hours into this ordeal while I have waited for a larger tow truck I have made some social observations.

A young black man.
About 5 different cops.

Only average Joe's.

Out of the HUNDREDS that have driven by only a handful bothered to even inquire.
That's a lot of people! What are you complaining about? How do you know they didn't live there?

Considering you are obviously a social outcast, i consider your "experiments" to be malarkey :dunno:

Are you sure the cops stopped to offer assistance? Maybe they thought you were a desperate criminal. Or just a mild scoff law...

A young black man.
About 5 different cops.

Only average Joe's.

Are you sure they were offering to help with good intentions? or were they just scoping out the 'fresh bait'???

Actually, you're lucky to have so many responses.

A young black man.
About 5 different cops.

Only average Joe's.

That's a lot of people! What are you complaining about? How do you know they didn't live there?
Why do you see that as complaining? It's just an observation ffs. So negative so much

It's not too bad. 90 maybe 95 but the humidity isn't killer.

Tired of this shit. Was hoping to avoid buying a new truck. Not having a payment has been nice

Was this problem from the work done? If so, the repair place may be liable
IMG_1790.jpg
Just got it up on the forks. Wheel bearing bolts worked themselves out and chewed up the cv joint

Lucky, could have lost a tire. Thankfully I was going slow on city streets.

I find it odd that many of you think that's a lot of people to stop. I stop all the time.

It's not too bad. 90 maybe 95 but the humidity isn't killer.

Tired of this shit. Was hoping to avoid buying a new truck. Not having a payment has been nice

Was this problem from the work done? If so, the repair place may be liable
View attachment 210594
Just got it up on the forks. Wheel bearing bolts worked themselves out and chewed up the cv joint

Holy crap. Good thing your safe.

Here in mizzery, folks tend to stop and help.

In Cali you would grow mushrooms all over your body before someone stopped.

The economy is cranking!

Stop being such a cheapskate and buy a new truck already.

Don't buy new...........get one with about 15k miles on it........save a bundle............

Forum List

Back