I am Bradley Manning, but hey, your personal 411 is safe, trust us

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=GI_HsQTCieg#][LEAKED TEASER] I am Bradley Manning - YouTube[/ame]!

Irony alert = massive....:lol:

anyway, devils advocate time- the fact is that in anyones mindset as to whats offensive, illegal or against the law or deserves 'scrutiny' can become a slide rule, the only thing left is; moral/ethical values, i.e.- I hate the left/right and can stick it to them here, but will do my job correctly and without bias because that is the right thing to do........or the stick, as in the punishment due for being caught transgressing or not doing your duty as you have sworn, signed or agreed to is beyond what you are willing to suffer vs. the gain. I wonder what the folks who made this video think of the issues at hand, IRS/NSA etc. :eusa_think:

I still trust the gov., even after the last several weeks.

I think we will in the end strike the right balance, the constitution is not a suicide pact
( thank you Robert Jackson) yet, if my credit card charge for 6 bottles of Champagne and other 'sundry' items at Scores shows up in my wifes hands yea, I'll be pissed, but as they say, freedom aint free .....

Bradley Manning found not guilty of aiding the enemy, guilty on other charges...
:cool:
Bradley Manning acquitted of aiding the enemy but guilty of espionage violations
Tue July 30, 2013 > WikiLeaks says the conviction of Manning sets "a dangerous precedent"; A military judge finds Manning not guilty of aiding the enemy and another major charge; He was found guilty of most of the remaining charges against him; He was accused of releasing 750,000 pages of classified documents and videos
A military judge acquitted Army Pfc. Bradley Manning on Tuesday of aiding the enemy, but convicted him of violations of the Espionage Act for turning over a trove of classified data to the website WikiLeaks, in a case where the soldier has been portrayed variously as a traitor and as a whistle-blower. The verdict by the judge, Col. Denise Lind, dismissed the prosecution's argument that Manning released documents -- in the largest leak of classified information in U.S. history -- that he knew would end up in the hands of al Qaeda. The verdict also found Manning not guilty of unauthorized possession of information relating to national defense. Manning was found guilty of most of the remaining 19 counts against him. The sentencing phase of the court-martial begins Wednesday, and Manning faces up to a maximum 136 years in prison.

Among the charges, Manning was found guilty of the theft of more than 700 U.S. Southern Command records, the possession of records pertaining to Afghanistan; the theft of State Department cables and the possession of classified Army documents. Wikileaks called the conviction of Manning "a dangerous precedent and an example of national security extremism." "It is a short sighted judgment that can not be tolerated and must be reversed," the group said in a statement released Tuesday. "It can never be that conveying true information to the public is 'espionage.'" Manning already has spent three years in custody and, while he's been behind bars, questions about whether his actions made him a traitor or a whistle-blower have been hotly debated.

Authorities say he delivered three-quarters of a million pages of classified documents and videos to the secret-sharing site WikiLeaks, which has never confirmed the soldier was the source of its information. The material covered numerous aspects of U.S. military strategy in Iraq, gave what some called a ground view of events in the Afghanistan war and revealed the inner workings of U.S. State Department diplomacy in leaked cables. WikiLeaks Twitter account was abuzz with reaction to the verdict. "Basic guide to honnest [sic] reportage. Manning has not been found 'guilty', but he has been 'convicted' of supplying information to the press."

The verdict is "historic," said Elizabeth Goitein, a co-director of the non-partisan Liberty and National Security Program at the Brennan Center for Justice. "The judge rejected the government's argument that Manning, by virtue of his training as an intelligence officer, must have known that the information he disclosed was likely to reach al Qaeda," Goitein said in a written statement. "But she also ruled that Manning had reason to believe his disclosures could harm the U.S., even if that was not his goal." Ben Wizner, director of the ACLU Speech, Privacy & Technology Project, issued a statement saying that "it seems clear that the government was seeking to intimidate anyone who might consider revealing valuable information" to the media in the future.

MORE

See also:

Granny got her heart set on a Sunday afternoon hangin' - right after church...

Manning guilty on many charges, not most serious
July 30, 2013 — U.S. Army Pfc. Bradley Manning was acquitted of aiding the enemy — the most serious charge he faced — but was convicted of espionage, theft and other charges Tuesday, more than three years after he spilled secrets to WikiLeaks.
The judge, Army Col. Denise Lind, deliberated for about 16 hours over three days before reaching her decision in a case that drew worldwide attention as supporters hailed Manning as a whistleblower. The U.S. government called him an anarchist computer hacker and attention-seeking traitor. Manning stood at attention, flanked by his attorneys, as the judge read her verdicts. He appeared not to react, though his attorney, David Coombs, smiled faintly when he heard not guilty on aiding the enemy, which carried a potential life sentence. When the judge was done, Coombs put his hand on Manning's back and whispered something to him, eliciting a slight smile on the soldier's face.

Manning was convicted on 19 of 21 charges, and he previously pleaded guilty to a charge involving an Icelandic cable. He faces up to 136 years in prison. His sentencing hearing begins Wednesday. Coombs came outside the court to a round of applause and shouts of "thank you" from a few dozen Manning supporters. "We won the battle, now we need to go win the war," Coombs said of the sentencing phase. "Today is a good day, but Bradley is by no means out of the fire." Supporters thanked him for his work. One slipped him a private note. Others asked questions about verdicts that they didn't understand.

Manning's court-martial was unusual because he acknowledged giving the anti-secrecy website more than 700,000 battlefield reports and diplomatic cables, and video of a 2007 U.S. helicopter attack that killed civilians in Iraq, including a Reuters news photographer and his driver. In the footage, airmen laughed and called targets "dead bastards." A military investigation found troops mistook the camera equipment for weapons.

Besides the aiding the enemy acquittal, Manning was also found not guilty of an espionage charge when the judge found prosecutors had not proved their assertion Manning started giving material to WikiLeaks in late 2009. Manning said he started the leaks in February the following year. Manning pleaded guilty earlier this year to lesser offenses that could have brought him 20 years behind bars, yet the government continued to pursue all but one of the original, more serious charges.

- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/manning-guilty-many-charges-not-most-serious#sthash.FUsztD8k.dpuf

Last edited:
Uncle Ferd wantin' to know when dey gonna sell tickets to his hangin'?...
:confused:
What's next for Bradley Manning? Prison time could add up for convicted leaker
Thu August 1, 2013 > 900 Afghans identified in Manning leaks; unclear if any harmed, ex-general says; He escaped a life sentence without parole when he was acquitted of aiding the enemy; Manning was found guilty on 20 counts that include violations of the Espionage Act; Civil rights organizations have come out in support of Manning
When an attorney involved in Pfc. Bradley Manning's sentencing hearing made reference Wednesday to something being "normal" in the WikiLeaks case, the former general promptly cut him off. "There was nothing about WikiLeaks that was normal," said retired Army Brig. Gen. Robert Carr, a 31-year veteran. The prosecution called Carr to testify about his time with the Information Review Task Force put together when WikiLeaks first started releasing the documents leaked by Manning.

The task force was charged with determining if any coalition members, intelligence sources or methods that had been put at risk by the leaks. About 900 Afghans were identified in some way in the documents, Carr said, but he didn't say if any of them were harmed. Asked if Manning had made the jobs of junior intelligence analysts more difficult by damaging their superiors' trust in them, Carr said it was "hugely important to empower these young intel analysts." As Manning's sentencing phase began Wednesday, the convicted leaker has already tallied 1,274 days behind bars.

The question now is how many more of the potential 136 years he'll serve. The military will give Manning credit for each of his 1,162 days of pre-trial confinement, plus the judge, Col. Denise Lind, credited Manning with an additional 112 days for the harsh treatment he suffered while being held at a Marine Corps Base Quantico brig. The defense has also filed motions to have four of the charges on which he was found guilty merged into two. Lind isn't expected to rule on that motion before Friday.

Convictions and acquittal

Since Oliver Stone was a part of the video, I know it is not a parody.

It's like that time they wanted us all to declare that WE are Trayvon. Well, guess what?

I am not Trayvon Martin and I am not George Zimmerman. Trayvon ended up (sadly) dead, but that does not mean that George Zimmerman committed murder. And the fact that his action was not "murder' doesn't mean that George Zimmerman is a "hero." He's also not a villain. He's also not a "white Hispanic" whatever the fuck that is supposed to be.

I am not Bradley Manning. Manning is not a hero, either. He is in fact a fucking criminal. And soon he will be a fucking convicted AND sentenced criminal serving a very lengthy prison sentence in a highly disagreeable place. So, at least some justice comes out of it all.

Fuck him. And Oliver Stone can go fuck himself, too, for that matter.

Forum List

Back