I am about afraid to bring this up but, what the heck.

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Has anyone of you felt like you had a special link with a pet?

I mean some kind of mental link?
When I was young I had a special doggie friend that was my best bud, we both knew what each other were thinking and she understood most of what I verbally told her.
I was in Nam when she died and I suddenly awoke one night in a shocked panic and no reason for it and thought of her. I later found out that was exactly when she died.

A cat I had a few years ago that I got as an abandoned stray kitten and I had the same kind of relationship. He would come running when I called and appear as if to say here I am what you want man?
he would hang out with me in my workshop when I was grinding, welding, etc that run any other cat away in a panic and would ride on my shoulder sometimes, etc.
And if something unexpected came up he would be beside me backing me up instead of runnin off, etc.

Anyway one night about 3am I again awoke like a shot and said his name and somehow know I would not see my friend again. Sure enough I never did...

Only 2 of these special pets in my life, but I feel blessed to have those 2.

Also there have been a couple of special people in my life I had similar experiences with.
Knowing they are nearby with no reason to expect it, etc.
unfortuantely neither one were lovers, just special friends. I wish different with one of them, but because of timing with marriages and we both took vows seriously, etc...
BTW she called me out of the blue about 6 months ago and we had not talked for years and demanded to know what was wrong with me healthwise. And no one had told her anything. I tried to just tell her I was just still nuts, etc, but she would ot buy it.

Anyone else with similar experiences?
PM me if you do not want to post it.

And yes to those who do not like me or want to ridicule me. I am a bit psycho in a blessed sort of way. always have been and would not change a thing about it.

Don't think I ever had a connection with anything that strong. Although when I was a kid, I thought I saw the ghost of a dog I had. After lying to me about it for months, my parents had to admit the dog had died.

I had a strong bond to a goldfish I had once when I was a kid but the darned thing drown.

I can totally relate

I've had a couple of pets that seemed to know what I was thinking.
Their loss was extra hard though.... I vowed to never have another cat after my Sylvester was killed, but that didnt last too long.
I now have a lil kitty that seems to have that same sort of connection with me, and I thank God for her every day. Its going to be so painful when she dies... I just pray she has a long and beautiful life, and if I have anything to do with it... she will.

Thanks for sharing.

I have a pet bird that I hate to pieces. I hate her when I'm not even here. I'd open the door and let it fly away but I'd feel like shit. I know it's not the same as a special link but this cockatiel feels like my personal albatross.

I always tell my daughter that I really don't like dogs but whenever I go over there her dogs always sit around me.

It could be the treats I always bring them..

I have a bond with my daughter, we always seem to call each other at the perfect time. I say, I was just thinking about you...

Most dogs are good instinctive judges of character.

if your dog normally gets along fine with most people and they do not like one person.
Trust their judgement is my advice.

Has anyone of you felt like you had a special link with a pet?

I mean some kind of mental link?
When I was young I had a special doggie friend that was my best bud, we both knew what each other were thinking and she understood most of what I verbally told her.
I was in Nam when she died and I suddenly awoke one night in a shocked panic and no reason for it and thought of her. I later found out that was exactly when she died.

A cat I had a few years ago that I got as an abandoned stray kitten and I had the same kind of relationship. He would come running when I called and appear as if to say here I am what you want man?
he would hang out with me in my workshop when I was grinding, welding, etc that run any other cat away in a panic and would ride on my shoulder sometimes, etc.
And if something unexpected came up he would be beside me backing me up instead of runnin off, etc.

Anyway one night about 3am I again awoke like a shot and said his name and somehow know I would not see my friend again. Sure enough I never did...

Only 2 of these special pets in my life, but I feel blessed to have those 2.

Also there have been a couple of special people in my life I had similar experiences with.
Knowing they are nearby with no reason to expect it, etc.
unfortuantely neither one were lovers, just special friends. I wish different with one of them, but because of timing with marriages and we both took vows seriously, etc...
BTW she called me out of the blue about 6 months ago and we had not talked for years and demanded to know what was wrong with me healthwise. And no one had told her anything. I tried to just tell her I was just still nuts, etc, but she would ot buy it.

Anyone else with similar experiences?
PM me if you do not want to post it.

And yes to those who do not like me or want to ridicule me. I am a bit psycho in a blessed sort of way. always have been and would not change a thing about it.

You don't know me, and I don't know you, but if I had to judge you based on this post, you'd probably be one of my favorite posters!

This is awesome. I have cat like that. We have a really special connection. He's not super cuddly or anything, but one time I remember specifically him coming to comfort me at a really bad time in my life, and he usually wouldn't do anything like that. He's like an angel or something rad. It's neat. And he's just something special to me. I feel like there is a special connection with him that I haven't had with other pets or anything.

He's a huge orange tabby ...my most favorite pet ever.

Also, a friend told me some stories about her cats and the weird things they've done.
I think things like this happen between pets and humans. I don't think it's with every pet or anything, but there are "special" pets out there. Totally legit.

We had an antelope squirrel that we found, years ago while living in the Mojave Desert. We found it outside when it was almost hairless, and entirely helpless. Its mother and siblings must have died. We ground up nuts into a milky paste and fed it, and it survived and thrived. My sons kept it in a shoebox in their rooms, then we just let it have the run of the house.

We named him Chippy, because he looked like a chipmunk. He loved us. We'd be watching TV and he'd run up to us and want to wrestle with our hands. Then he matured and wanted to go outside and find a mate. After he went outside, he would sometimes hang out by the swamp cooler, and let us pick him up and bring him inside for awhile. I hope he found a wife and had a happy life

images

Forum List

Back