I agree w/ Olberman RE: McChrystal

Can anyone explain why we are still illegally occupying Astan or do quesrions like that get in the way of soap opera diatribes?

their government and elected head of state wants us to be there. our occupation is not illegal.

Their government wants us there? Don't move too quick to provide any evidence on that one. The invasion and occupation have always been illegal. It's been almost a decade. Are you telling me in almost ten years you're still ignorant of that?

The president is the leader of the United States...so yes, discrediting him is discrediting the United States and undermining what the United States is trying to accomplish.

Doesn't matter who the president is...Bush or Obama.

This isn't Imperial Japan 1940. The Prez is not above criticism and I thought what the US has always tried to accomplish is Freedom. Wouldn't that include Freedom of Speech? You don't think our Troops, the very people putting their lives on the line should have a Freedom they are dying for?

The president is the leader of the United States...so yes, discrediting him is discrediting the United States and undermining what the United States is trying to accomplish.

This isn't Imperial Japan 1940. The Prez is not above criticism and I thought what the US has always tried to accomplish is Freedom. Wouldn't that include Freedom of Speech? You don't think our Troops, the very people putting their lives on the line should have a Freedom they are dying for?
No...the military is not free to criticize and undermine what the country is trying to do while in uniform. Thems the rules. If they cannot follow the rules they shouldn't be in the military.

The general should stand at a full court for his actions.
Is he really indespensable in Afganistan?
Says a lot lot those under him and his leadership skills doesn't it if he cannot leave without it falling apart.

Why do you hate freedom? You want a General to stand full court for giving his opinion? The iraqi islamic based government might have a position for you in your love of freedom-removed.

our military operates under a different set of rules than does civilian society. We are not free to give our opinion if, in doing so, we are disrespectful to our chain of command.

I'm quite aware of the UCMJ so save your 101 efforts. I'm pointing out it is complete bullshit that our Troops do not have Freedom of Speech. Why shouldn't they have one of the Freedoms they are dying for?

The president in the commander-in-chief and McChrystal is his subordinate. I doubt if the General would have taken kindly to one of his underlings saying negative things in a Rolling Stone interview.

No...the military is not free to criticize and undermine what the country is trying to do while in uniform. Thems the rules. If they cannot follow the rules they shouldn't be in the military.

So our Troops are good enough to die for Freedom of Speech but you don't want them to have it? That's pretty damn sick.

So our Troops are good enough to die for Freedom of Speech but you don't want them to have it? That's pretty damn sick.

don't like it? move somewhere else. in AMerica, the military is not allowed to disrespect the civilian command structure. that is nothing new. Ask McClelland. Ask MacArthur.

The president in the commander-in-chief and McChrystal is his subordinate. I doubt if the General would have taken kindly to one of his underlings saying negative things in a Rolling Stone interview.

Why do so many here hate freedom so much? So a general publicly criticised our president. So the fuck what? The General hasn't earned it? Our top military leaders are good enough to lead our Troops into war and have them killed but they aren't good enough to give a public opinion? What the hell kind of bizarro world logic is that?

Odd how the same folks who claimed criticizing Bush and his policies was harmful at best, anti-American at worst are standing up for McChystal (or is it MacArthur?)

Boot him out, Mr. President. You are the Commander-in Chief. No American Caesars, no rouge Generals. Not in a time of war.

Maineman said:
don't like it? move somewhere else. in AMerica, the military is not allowed to disrespect the civilian command structure. that is nothing new. Ask McClelland. Ask MacArthur.

You want me to move because you support a Policy that is so fucking stoopid you can't even begin to legitimately defend it? Yep. The iraqi islamic government loves people like you.

Last edited:

You want me to move because you support a Policy that is so fucking stoopid you can't even begin to legitimately defend it? Yep. The iraqi islamic government loves people like you.

I don't happen to think that civilian control of the military is a stupid policy. I don't happen to believe that demanding that military personnel serve their country and not denigrate their chain of command is stupid policy. I am sorry that you do.

They can have it when they are no longer in the military. That's just the way it goes and that's what they signed up for.

Hi, I didn't post the above statement. Get your quotes right, at the very least, okay?

The Obamaroid still don't get how badly and totally McCrystal just beat them.

He exposed Obama not only as a punk and an amateur and a total idiot but worse of all, and irretrievably, he exposed Obama as a CinC who has no desire to win.

If Michelle publicly announced that Barry like to fuck little farm animals, would it matter if the reconciled after?

Obama: a one term epic fail

He exposed Obama not only as a punk and an amateur and a total idiot but worse of all, and irretrievably, he exposed Obama as a CinC who has no desire to win.

If Michelle publicly announced that Barry like to fuck little farm animals, would it matter if the reconciled after?

McChrystal should be writing his book this autumn, not commanding troops in the field. We have ONE TEAM here in America and the PRESIDENT is the Commander in Chief.

Punk renegade generals should learn that and accept the MacArthur treatment the president is about to conduct on McChrystal's head.

As for Obama and no desire to win, if he suspended any troop increases in Afghanistan, you might have a point. But he increased our presence there by 30,000. You idiot partisan hacks just can't learn, can you?

Isn't that special. If only he spent his time defeating the Taliban or AQ...instead he has defeated the USA.

How much did you donate to the Taliban this year Frank?

Isn't that special. If only he spent his time defeating the Taliban or AQ...instead he has defeated the USA.

How much did you donate to the Taliban this year Frank?

poor frank is also insane and out of touch.

fwiw, obama's approval rating went UP, not down today.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html

Obama and McCrystal met on a golf course to discuss recent events. Obama starts by saying, "I'm a 6 handicap, what's yours?"

McCrystal responded, "I'm lead by a CinC who has no desire to win"

Obama and McCrystal met on a golf course to discuss recent events. Obama starts by saying, "I'm a 6 handicap, what's yours?"

McCrystal responded, "I'm lead by a CinC who has no desire to win"
You got the joke wrong, Frank. McCristal was golfing with bin laden.

Forum List

Back