Hypocrisy at the heart of the anti abortionist argument

A new survey shows what really interests 'pro-lifers': controlling women | Jill Filipovic

According to self-identified “pro-life” advocates, the fundamental divide between those who want to outlaw abortion and those who want to keep it legal comes down to one question: when does life begin? Anti-abortion advocacy pushes the view that life begins at conception; the name of their movement carefully centers the conceit that opposition to abortion rights is simply about wanting to save human lives.

A new poll shows that’s a lie. The “pro-life” movement is fundamentally about misogyny.

A Supermajority/PerryUndem survey released this week divides respondents by their position on abortion, and then tracks their answers to 10 questions on gender equality more generally. On every question, anti-abortion voters were significantly more hostile to gender equity than pro-choice voters.

I have always thought that it is more about punishing "sluts" and this confirms it. The article is pretty much nailed on but it refers to these extremists as "Christian".

Do me a favour.

I call bullshit. Sounds like the researchers were including their conclusion as a premise.

A new survey shows what really interests 'pro-lifers': controlling women | Jill Filipovic

According to self-identified “pro-life” advocates, the fundamental divide between those who want to outlaw abortion and those who want to keep it legal comes down to one question: when does life begin? Anti-abortion advocacy pushes the view that life begins at conception; the name of their movement carefully centers the conceit that opposition to abortion rights is simply about wanting to save human lives.

A new poll shows that’s a lie. The “pro-life” movement is fundamentally about misogyny.

A Supermajority/PerryUndem survey released this week divides respondents by their position on abortion, and then tracks their answers to 10 questions on gender equality more generally. On every question, anti-abortion voters were significantly more hostile to gender equity than pro-choice voters.

I have always thought that it is more about punishing "sluts" and this confirms it. The article is pretty much nailed on but it refers to these extremists as "Christian".

Do me a favour.
True.

It's about the social right's hostility toward women, conservatives' hostility toward privacy rights, and the authoritarianism common to both.

Why do you say such stupid shit?

what about the babys rights???
Republicans care more about a fetus, than about people.

Someone has to care about them, you ass hats want to murder them
A fetus is not a life.

Of course it is. That's scientific. Why are you so anti science?
An embryo/fetus is not a person in accordance with settled, accepted Constitutional law – and as such not entitled to Constitutional protections.
I declare YOU a non-person.

got a link???
Nazi stormfront has a bunch of Nazis saying abortion is killing aryan babies.
nazi women are welcome to have as many kids as they want.
Nazis should have abortions. We don't need more Nazi children running around shooting up synagogues.
i was special pleading in a vacuum. i thought this was a right wing argument.
If only Hitler's mother had an abortion. Abortion is great.
Hitler needed an "army group in reserve". He could have called on the "chosen ones" for "greater glory of the State."

If you look at it rationally the argument is ludicrous on it's face and only works to feed the ongoing left wing hatred. The polling data doesn't even try to justify the killing of the unborn but instead it tries a lame hypocrisy argument that doesn't even make sense.
The only hatred is coming from the right – conservatives who hate freedom, liberty, and the right to privacy.

And no one ‘supports’ abortion,’ that lie is as idiotic as it is wrong; to oppose conservatives seeking to violate a woman’s right to privacy by compelling her to give birth against her will through force of law is not to ‘support’ abortion.

If you look at it rationally the argument is ludicrous on it's face and only works to feed the ongoing left wing hatred. The polling data doesn't even try to justify the killing of the unborn but instead it tries a lame hypocrisy argument that doesn't even make sense.
The only hatred is coming from the right – conservatives who hate freedom, liberty, and the right to privacy.

And no one ‘supports’ abortion,’ that lie is as idiotic as it is wrong; to oppose conservatives seeking to violate a woman’s right to privacy by compelling her to give birth against her will through force of law is not to ‘support’ abortion.

we are stopping her from murdering her child not forcing her to have a child,,,she did that by getting pregnant

From the link:

Abortion rights advocates have spent decades pointing out that these self-styled pro-lifers don’t seem to care much about “life” once a baby is born. They want to cut aid to needy children and healthcare to poor mothers and pregnant women. They oppose contraception and sex education – the most effective ways to reduce the abortion rate. Many of them continue to support a president who separates small children from their parents and keeps them in squalid cages. “Life,” it seems, has precious little to do with being “pro-life”.

This is why I’m pro-choice. Either we pay for termination or we pay for public assistance.
How about people being responsible for their own actions.

Do me a favour.
What cracks me up are the questions cited in the article that supposedly proves misogyny. "Do you want there to be equal numbers of men and women in positions of power in America?" The intelligent response is we should want the best people in positions of power. I'm not quite sure what genitalia has to do with it

One line from the article is enough to discount the whole spiel, "Then came the social scientists". Such an exact science.

Forum List

Back