Hypocrisy at the heart of the anti abortionist argument

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
A new survey shows what really interests 'pro-lifers': controlling women | Jill Filipovic

According to self-identified “pro-life” advocates, the fundamental divide between those who want to outlaw abortion and those who want to keep it legal comes down to one question: when does life begin? Anti-abortion advocacy pushes the view that life begins at conception; the name of their movement carefully centers the conceit that opposition to abortion rights is simply about wanting to save human lives.

A new poll shows that’s a lie. The “pro-life” movement is fundamentally about misogyny.

A Supermajority/PerryUndem survey released this week divides respondents by their position on abortion, and then tracks their answers to 10 questions on gender equality more generally. On every question, anti-abortion voters were significantly more hostile to gender equity than pro-choice voters.

I have always thought that it is more about punishing "sluts" and this confirms it. The article is pretty much nailed on but it refers to these extremists as "Christian".

Do me a favour.

From the link:

Abortion rights advocates have spent decades pointing out that these self-styled pro-lifers don’t seem to care much about “life” once a baby is born. They want to cut aid to needy children and healthcare to poor mothers and pregnant women. They oppose contraception and sex education – the most effective ways to reduce the abortion rate. Many of them continue to support a president who separates small children from their parents and keeps them in squalid cages. “Life,” it seems, has precious little to do with being “pro-life”.

This is why I’m pro-choice. Either we pay for termination or we pay for public assistance.

From the link:

Abortion rights advocates have spent decades pointing out that these self-styled pro-lifers don’t seem to care much about “life” once a baby is born. They want to cut aid to needy children and healthcare to poor mothers and pregnant women. They oppose contraception and sex education – the most effective ways to reduce the abortion rate. Many of them continue to support a president who separates small children from their parents and keeps them in squalid cages. “Life,” it seems, has precious little to do with being “pro-life”.

This is why I’m pro-choice. Either we pay for termination or we pay for public assistance.

but only one involves murdering babys

A new survey shows what really interests 'pro-lifers': controlling women | Jill Filipovic

According to self-identified “pro-life” advocates, the fundamental divide between those who want to outlaw abortion and those who want to keep it legal comes down to one question: when does life begin? Anti-abortion advocacy pushes the view that life begins at conception; the name of their movement carefully centers the conceit that opposition to abortion rights is simply about wanting to save human lives.

A new poll shows that’s a lie. The “pro-life” movement is fundamentally about misogyny.

A Supermajority/PerryUndem survey released this week divides respondents by their position on abortion, and then tracks their answers to 10 questions on gender equality more generally. On every question, anti-abortion voters were significantly more hostile to gender equity than pro-choice voters.

I have always thought that it is more about punishing "sluts" and this confirms it. The article is pretty much nailed on but it refers to these extremists as "Christian".

Do me a favour.
True.

It's about the social right's hostility toward women, conservatives' hostility toward privacy rights, and the authoritarianism common to both.

From the link:

I'm pro-life. Read my arguments. I support nearly all public assistance programs and argue for their expansion.

^^^ Kids have rights too and I have family members who want kids but can't have any of their own. Also why should any child have to suffer or die in any way because their parents are not willing to take the right kind of responsibility for them?

God bless you and my family and every child who has been screwed over always!!!

Holly

Do me a favour.
True.

It's about the social right's hostility toward women, conservatives' hostility toward privacy rights, and the authoritarianism common to both.

or it could be the lefts hostility towards babys and the lefts hostility towards human rights and the authoritarianism common to both

Do me a favour.
True.

or it could be the lefts hostility towards babys and the lefts hostility towards human rights and the authoritarianism common to both

If the shoe doesn't fit, but anyone supporting what Trump is doing has no right to make this argument.

Do me a favour.
True.

If the shoe doesn't fit, but anyone supporting what Trump is doing has no right to make this argument.

well I dont support trump,,,

Do me a favour.
True.

Authoritarianism runs through all of it. Why do these lassez faire hypocrites give themselves rights over a womans body ?

Do me a favour.

I think abortion should be legal but I would far rather a lot more people exercise some personal responsibility and use contraception religiously if they do not want to have a child.

From the link:

And WHAT PRICE do you put on a human life....more than the cost of KILLING THE BABY?....PATHETIC idiots like you disgust me!

Do me a favour.

I think abortion should be legal but I would far rather a lot more people exercise some personal responsibility and use contraception religiously if they do not want to have a child.
Thats pretty much my position. I also think that if the state wants to force women to have a baby there should be some sort of contract in place to support them afterwards.But a lot better if people wound their necks in and let the girl make the decision.

From the link:

And WHAT PRICE do you put on a human life....more than the cost of KILLING THE BABY?....PATHETIC idiots like you disgust me!

Fair point. I should have said one of the reasons I’m pro choice. I would prefer people not terminate their pregnancies but understand why they would. However, the same people who are prolife and vilify those on welfare and Medicaid will not acknowledge that poor women getting pregnant are contributing to the problem.

Pollsters find that pro lifers are "hostile" to something the survey calls "gender equity" so that means life doesn't begin at conception? I don't get the connection? It's no secret that the pro abortion left has fought tooth and nail to keep so-called late term abortion "legal" and that certainly involves terminating the lives of human beings. The democrat Va. governor even promoted a scenario where newly born infants would be "kept comfortable" while the parents and the doctor discuss whether or not to end their short lives because they don't conform to some eugenic standard. The dirty little secret is that it's not women who benefit from abortion. It's (mostly) liberal men who coerce or threaten or intimidate women into hiring a technician to end the life inside them. Men see their future responsibilities disappear at the stroke of a scalpel while a woman sometimes has to live with depression and illness and something akin to PTSD for the rest of their lives. Making a case that pro-lifers don't care about women is ludicrous and exactly the opposite of real life.

The so-called "pro-life" movement is based on a sexual perversion with misogyny and penis-worship at its core, being brought to us by men who are evil. The "pro-life" people have demonstrated that they care nothing for living beings, else they would be out there running to provide care for the migrant families who are being caged.

I keep asking of these "pro-life" people on USMB what their plans are to raise all of these babies that they want to force women to bear, and never get any cogent answer.

I keep asking of these "pro-life" people on USMB why they refuse to discuss why they are against using modern technology to prevent unwanted pregnancies, and never get any cogent answer. If they "hate" abortion, why would they refuse to discuss ways to avoid it altogether unless they have an evil motive?

Why are so many men so malicious (not all are)? They scream that they are heterosexual and hate those who aren't, but they also hate their female partners, seeing them only as farm animals to be bred.

Forum List

Back