Hypocricy: Boston Mayor Supports Anti-Gay Mosque and Imam Calling for Death to Gays

Which Group Is Worse?

• Chick-O-Filet for being against gay marriage

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Menino's Imam Friend Calling to Execute Homosexuals

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
The Imam Who Inspired Menino’s Mosque Lists The Many Ways To Kill Gays : The Natural Truth

But now that Mayor Menino has launched his own jihad against the “thought crime” of supporting traditional marriage, perhaps he should take another look at the teaching coming out of the mosque he helped build in Boston:

Here’s al-Qaradawi on homosexuality:

[A homosexual should be given] the same punishment as any sexual pervert - the same as the fornicator...The schools of thought disagree about the punishment. Some say they should be punished like fornicators, and then we distinguish between married and unmarried men, and between married and unmarried women. Some say both should be punished the same way. Some say we should throw them from a high place, like God did with the people of Sodom. Some say we should burn them, and so on. There is disagreement.

And some of them — differences [of opinion, so] it is possible for us to choose from them in our era what is most appropriate, and what is lightest, recognising how widespread the tribulation is: because tribulations and sins being widespread is something in Islamic legal theory that causes things to be lightened. The important thing is to consider/treat this act as a crime.

The same information is at al-Qaradawi’s Wikipedia page (not always reliable, but their source links are in Arabic so I can’t use original source):

Al-Qaradawi believes that homosexuality should be punishable by death.[92] In his online site, Al-Qaradawi says, "it should be clear that this man committed two heinous crimes: 1) homosexuality, and 2) murder. Each crime is sufficient to warrant death penalty. In addition, this man has severed ties of kinship by seducing and killing his nephew." (what man?)

On 5 June 2006, on the Al Jazeera program Sharia and Life, al-Qaradawi (a regular on the program) reiterated orthodox views on homosexuality.[93] When asked about the punishment for people who "practise liwaat (sodomy) or sihaaq (lesbian activity)", al-Qaradawi replied: "The same punishment as any sexual pervert – the same as the adulterer." (MEMRI translation).[94] The punishment for adultery is stoning.[92]

So which one are YOU for, Mayor Menino? Burning the homosexuals, or just stoning them? And I wonder which version will be preached at Friday prayers this week in Roxbury?

If I had to send an angry, outraged letter to either Chick-Fil-A (we don’t support gay marriage) or the Islamic Society of Boston (we support stoning gay people), I think I’d make a different choice than Mayor Menino did.

EDIT: A person who posts on this forum has attended said mosque and they told me the people in charge there have not preached this line, it was the man who menino worked with to raise the money to build it that preaches this...and he isn't allowed in the country.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get too upset over this one. Forget it, it's Assachusetts Jake.

Last edited:
I love how you guys think an anti-gay company should be allowed to set up shop anywhere, and that that is the exact same as a religious group spouting their beliefs.

I love how you guys think an anti-gay company should be allowed to set up shop anywhere, and that that is the exact same as a religious group spouting their beliefs.

Well except for the fact that the 'company' isn't anti-gay and the truth is Kathy didn't say what he's quoted as saying. Bottom line was he was 'pro traditional marriage and family' not anything about gays. That's his beliefs and last I checked, he's entitled to them.

Any legal company should be allowed to set up shop anywhere and people should be smart enough not to give them any business if they disagree with the company owner's positions....then again I believe in liberty and individual freedom instead of govt beurocracy and power.

And that isn't the point of the thread, why toss red herrings in here? The point is Menino came out against the restaurant for being against gay marriage but completely supported a mosque that preaches the punishment for being gay should be death.

EDIT: I was just informed by a poster who attends the mosque that he has never heard this type of rhetoric preached in the mosque. I would like to put that on record now.

Last edited:

Well except for the fact that the 'company' isn't anti-gay and the truth is Kathy didn't say what he's quoted as saying. Bottom line was he was 'pro traditional marriage and family' not anything about gays. That's his beliefs and last I checked, he's entitled to them.

He is entitled to them and no one is saying otherwise.

He is also entitled to the repercussions that come with those beliefs.

Any legal company should be allowed to set up shop anywhere and people should be smart enough not to give them any business if they disagree with the company owner's positions....then again I believe in liberty and individual freedom instead of govt beurocracy and power.

And that isn't the point of the thread, why toss red herrings in here? The point is Menino came out against the restaurant for being against gay marriage but completely supported a mosque that preaches the punishment for being gay should be death.

A Mosque is a religious organization like a Temple or a Church. Last I checked, religious groups have the freedom to practice and say what they want about their beliefs. Has that changed?

And you don't believe in liberty or individual freedom. If you did, you would at least admit an elected official representing the people would have the freedom to say "no". You believe, what you wrote, that ANY company can set up ANYWHERE and let the people deal with it.

You believe in company > people.

Which is why boycotting a business you don't agree with or supporting because you do are common.

However, politicians denying permits is not fair for a legitimate business location. If the folks in the area don't support, it will close soon enough.

Amazing so many are so willing to allow Politician buffoons to tell them where they can and can't eat. Here's an idea, how about just letting the People decide for themselves where they want to eat? This guy is a Nazi puke. I don't even care what your politics are. Government doesn't belong in this issue. Period, end of story.

Which is why boycotting a business you don't agree with or supporting because you do are common.

However, politicians denying permits is not fair for a legitimate business location. If the folks in the area don't support, it will close soon enough.

menino admitted he has no power to do this Menino: Looks like I can’t ban Chick-fil-A from Boston after all « Hot Air

A Mosque is a religious organization like a Temple or a Church. Last I checked, religious groups have the freedom to practice and say what they want about their beliefs. Has that changed?

And you don't believe in liberty or individual freedom. If you did, you would at least admit an elected official representing the people would have the freedom to say "no". You believe, what you wrote, that ANY company can set up ANYWHERE and let the people deal with it.

Still ducking the hypocrisy issue, aren't you?

You are a complete ideological sheep.

I heard Menino told the Imams who are calling for Death to Gays to go pound sand!

"We are indeed full of pride for our support of same-sex marriage and our work to expand freedom to all people... There is no place for discrimination on Boston's Freedom Trail and no place for your company alongside it."

Oh wait........... :eusa_whistle:

Any legal company should be allowed to set up shop anywhere and people should be smart enough not to give them any business if they disagree with the company owner's positions....then again I believe in liberty and individual freedom instead of govt bureaucracy and power.

I didn't call for the mosque to not be allowed to be built nor did I call for the restaurant to not be built.

I don't believe company > people I believe the people > all institutions.

The issue I address in the thread is that the mayor had no problem standing hand in hand with a man, know to openly call for punishing gays with death, to help raise money for a mosque while he comes out against a company, who has the position that marriage should be between a man and a woman, because they are "anti-gay".

Please stop obfuscating the issue.

Last edited:

EDIT: I was just informed by a poster who attends the mosque that he has never heard this type of rhetoric preached in the mosque. I would like to put that on record now.

It's amazing to see lefties say some of the dumbest things ever heard as long as it is in opposition to what conservatives say.

Amazing so many are so willing to allow Politician buffoons to tell them where they can and can't eat. Here's an idea, how about just letting the People decide for themselves where they want to eat? This guy is a Nazi puke. I don't even care what your politics are. Government doesn't belong in this issue. Period, end of story.

Yeah.....government should stick to regulating toilets, light bulbs and 16 ounce cups!!!

It's not hypocrisy. A Church or a Temple or a Mosque is NOT the same as a chicken restaurant. As much as you want to think they are, they aren't.

How about this. Show me in the Constitution where it says no level of Government has the power to stop a business from coming into an area.

It's not hypocrisy. A Church or a Temple or a Mosque is NOT the same as a chicken restaurant. As much as you want to think they are, they aren't.

How about this. Show me in the Constitution where it says no level of Government has the power to stop a business from coming into an area.

That is a strawman argument.

You are failing.

That is a strawman argument.

You are failing.

It's not a straw man. It's the heart of the argument. You guys are pissed because he appears to be supporting the Mosque while going after the chicken restaurant. You claim it's hypocritical, but it's not, because they are two VERY different things.

Again, show me in the Constitution where it says he can't block the restaurant. You can't. But we all know the Constitution says he can't block the Mosque. Why? Because one is a religious group and the other is a chicken restaurant.

Angry-Muslim-Man-2.jpg

No fagz allowed!!!! BLULULULOOOLOOOOLOOOO!!! I blow you fagz up!!! BLULOOLOOLOOOO!!!! You fagz no buy chickenz from me!!! BLULOLOOLOOLOOO!!! BLULLOOLOOOOO!!!! No gay fagz eatz my chickenz!!!!! BLULOOLOOLOOOOLOOOO!!!

Forum List

Back