Hypocricy: Boston Mayor Supports Anti-Gay Mosque and Imam Calling for Death to Gays

Which Group Is Worse?

• Chick-O-Filet for being against gay marriage

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Menino's Imam Friend Calling to Execute Homosexuals

Votes: 14 82.4%

• Total voters
I love how you guys think an anti-gay company should be allowed to set up shop anywhere, and that that is the exact same as a religious group spouting their beliefs.

Well except for the fact that the 'company' isn't anti-gay and the truth is Kathy didn't say what he's quoted as saying. Bottom line was he was 'pro traditional marriage and family' not anything about gays. That's his beliefs and last I checked, he's entitled to them.

He is entitled to them and no one is saying otherwise.

He is also entitled to the repercussions that come with those beliefs.

that works both ways sweetie

To be fair ALL mosques are anti gay, Islam is very clear about where it stands regarding homosexuality and there isn't alot of wiggle room there.

It's not hypocrisy. A Church or a Temple or a Mosque is NOT the same as a chicken restaurant. As much as you want to think they are, they aren't.

How about this. Show me in the Constitution where it says no level of Government has the power to stop a business from coming into an area.

That is a strawman argument.

You are failing.

It's not a straw man. It's the heart of the argument. You guys are pissed because he appears to be supporting the Mosque while going after the chicken restaurant. You claim it's hypocritical, but it's not, because they are two VERY different things.

Again, show me in the Constitution where it says he can't block the restaurant. You can't. But we all know the Constitution says he can't block the Mosque. Why? Because one is a religious group and the other is a chicken restaurant.

It is not the heart of the argument.

You are failing, pathetically.

Well except for the fact that the 'company' isn't anti-gay and the truth is Kathy didn't say what he's quoted as saying. Bottom line was he was 'pro traditional marriage and family' not anything about gays. That's his beliefs and last I checked, he's entitled to them.

The implication is that any business that has a CEO and a number of people who are married to persons of the opposite sex should be subject to boycott.

To be fair ALL mosques are anti gay, Islam is very clear about where it stands regarding homosexuality and there isn't alot of wiggle room there.

Exactly. And all Catholic Churches are that way too. And no mayor has a right to block either of them from his city. Because religious freedom is a protected right.

Chicken restaurants are not a protected right.

Marbles overstepped his authority doing what he did to Chik Fil A....it's pretty ridiculous actually. However I'm guessing most are aware that he can't do anything about stopping a house of worship from being built.

Angry-Muslim-Man-2.jpg

No fagz allowed!!!! BLULULULOOOLOOOOLOOOO!!! I blow you fagz up!!! BLULOOLOOLOOOO!!!! You fagz no buy chickenz from me!!! BLULOLOOLOOLOOO!!! BLULLOOLOOOOO!!!! No gay fagz eatz my chickenz!!!!! BLULOOLOOLOOOOLOOOO!!!

Massachusetts_Welcomes_You_I-95_South_at_NH-MA_state_line.jpg

Exactly. And all Catholic Churches are that way too. And no mayor has a right to block either of them from his city. Because religious freedom is a protected right.

Blocking chicken restaurants from being built because you you don't like the religious beliefs of the owners is a violation of protected rights.

You are a failure.

Blocking chicken restaurants from being built because you you don't like the religious beliefs of the owners is a violation of protected rights.

You are a failure.

No. It's not. And you still have not shown that it is. You're not even trying to. Probably because you know you're wrong.

Fair enough, how about all those Middle Eastern restaurants and Halal shops? shouldn't they be shut down?

Menino might have an argument IF he simply banned all restaurants that served chicken. Singling out one company based on his disageement with religious beliefs would never survive.

You are a failure.

No. It's not. And you still have not shown that it is. You're not even trying to. Probably because you know you're wrong.

Wow.

If you are a mayor of a small town and you block someone from building a business because you have found out they are a Christian, that is not a violation of protected rights and liberties in America?

Do you even think before you type?

Fair enough, how about all those Middle Eastern restaurants and Halal shops? shouldn't they be shut down?

And there we go.

I agree. The fact that the Mayor is not going after those shops too, THAT is hypocritical.

You are a failure.

Wow.

If you are a mayor of a small town and you block someone from building a business because you have found out they are a Christian, that is not a violation of protected rights and liberties in America?

Do you even think before you type?

Why do you refuse to stick to the topic? Of course a Mayor couldn't block someone from building a restaurant because that person is Christian. That's not what's happening here!

And there we go.

I agree. The fact that the Mayor is not going after those shops too, THAT is hypocritical.

Damn straight, which is the point of the thread. The gubmint has no business going after either the church or the businesses.

At least you appear to have a slight capacity to learn., unlike the typical Obamite.

Last edited:
I love how you guys think an anti-gay company should be allowed to set up shop anywhere, and that that is the exact same as a religious group spouting their beliefs.

Any legal company should be allowed to set up shop anywhere and people should be smart enough not to give them any business if they disagree with the company owner's positions....then again I believe in liberty and individual freedom instead of govt beurocracy and power.

And that isn't the point of the thread, why toss red herrings in here? The point is Menino came out against the restaurant for being against gay marriage but completely supported a mosque that preaches the punishment for being gay should be death.

A Mosque is a religious organization like a Temple or a Church. Last I checked, religious groups have the freedom to practice and say what they want about their beliefs. Has that changed?

And you don't believe in liberty or individual freedom. If you did, you would at least admit an elected official representing the people would have the freedom to say "no". You believe, what you wrote, that ANY company can set up ANYWHERE and let the people deal with it.

You believe in company > people.

Yet you would appear to welcome said religion, as represented by its leaders, with open arms and an open heart. There is no know record of this company at any time having discriminated against anyone for any reason. Other than the boss expressing his preference for traditional family unit, his only reference to marriage is to observe still being married to a "first" wife. Maybe divorced people should take a stand. Too bad political supporters of gays are so uncertain of their convictions that they have to react in such an outrageous manner.

“We are very much supportive of the family – the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that,” Cathy is quoted as saying

The implication is that any business that has a CEO and a number of people who are married to persons of the opposite sex should be subject to boycott.

Yeah! After all, we should by now be convinced at how totally perverse that is. Anyone who supports heterosexual marriage are narrow minded bigots.:rolleyes:

Isnt the problem here not with chick-fil-a but with the fact that government has the power to legislate morality? Shouldnt the fight not be over whether government should or shouldnt allow gay marriage, but rather over whether the government should be defining marriage in the first place?

Forum List

Back