Hurricane Florence storm of a lifetime generating 83 foot high waves as it barrels towards Carolina

cnm said:
forbidden mention of global warning in order to maintain the profitability of real estate if global warming did contribute to the severity of such events?.
Politics Of 'Global Warming' ^ ^ ^
Even If That Were True

There Were 5's In The 50's, 60's And Seventies
Already Posted In This Thread
But None To Land ANYWHERE In N. America Since

Until Flo
There Has Been Only 1 Tropical Storm
And 1 Sub-Tropical Depression This Year

How Does Global Warming Theology Explain
Storms Are Getting Weaker
And Less Frequent....

As of September 13, 2018 - 2:00 AM EDT

Storm Name: Florence
Storm Type: Category 2 Hurricane
Maximum sustained winds: 95.00 knots (109.32 mph)
Storm Movement: Northwest (315.0 degrees)
More information: National Hurricane Center

If You Have Been Mis-Understood
Apologies Are In Order, cnm
Thought You Were Being Sarcastic

Last edited:
Hurricane Florence, ‘storm of a lifetime,’ generating 83-foot high waves as it barrels towards Carolina coast
Hurricane Florence’s potentially devastating winds are generating enormous waves as high as 83 feet as it continues to make its way toward the East Coast and insurers predict it will become the costliest such storm to ever hit the continental U.S. The National Hurricane Center said Wednesday the massive waves were produced by being trapped along with very strong winds moving in the same direction of the

All I can say is dam!! If they are right on this thing it's not going to be pretty.
Here is how it works in the South. There are three (3) reefs each on get higher as you travel towards the beach. Each one breaks tears down the wave action as it rips along the bottom of the water. This reduces the wave action by 30 to 60 percent. It is true that to stay along the shore is stupid you just move inland and take shelter. The wind is going to throw stuff around at a high speed. I can put a straw into a tree trunk. I have seen that happen. It is just a part of living in the South and we kind of understand how and where to take shelter. So Media people do not stand outside during a "cane" you can get killed.
Youve never seen straw blown into a tree trunk. That is a myth that you just pretended was your own story. Getting caught in lies is super embarrassing.

There are a lot of tall tales surrounding tornadoes, some rooted in fact and others based on fiction. One popular story suggests that the strong winds of a tornado can blow a single piece of straw straight into a tree trunk. But how does this legend hold up in the real world?

According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) Storm Prediction Center, the old straw story is just a lot of hot air.

Can a Tornado Blow Straw Into a Tree?

Last edited:
cnm said:
forbidden mention of global warning in order to maintain the profitability of real estate if global warming did contribute to the severity of such events?.
Politics Of 'Global Warming' ^ ^ ^
Even If That Were True

There Were 5's In The 50's, 60's And Seventies
Already Posted In This Thread
But None To Land ANYWHERE In N. America Since

Until Flo
There Has Been Only 1 Tropical Storm
And 1 Sub-Tropical Depression This Year

How Does Global Warming Theology Explain
Storms Are Getting Weaker
And Less Frequent....

As of September 13, 2018 - 2:00 AM EDT

Storm Name: Florence
Storm Type: Category 2 Hurricane
Maximum sustained winds: 95.00 knots (109.32 mph)
Storm Movement: Northwest (315.0 degrees)
More information: National Hurricane Center
they make every weather storm a GLOBAL WARNING cause despite the fact we've had weather storms ever since the world began.

i think it's funny when they say LOOK THE ICE IS MELTING AND WAUGAUGH LIFE WILL END and it winds up uncovering things ice/snow has covered up from the last few hundred years. funny, we're back to where we must have been previously but yet it wasn't an issue then.

The mantra has changed. Nobody is talking about wind anymore like they do for most major hurricanes. Now it's all about "storm surge".

FLORENCE = I say, just stack up ALL of the GOP, conservatives, right, etc., that we can get in the space of a few hundred yards, put them ALL on a NC beach, let FLO hit & watch the SHIT fly; LOL :21:
You really are an asshole.

FLORENCE = I say, just stack up ALL of the GOP, conservatives, right, etc., that we can get in the space of a few hundred yards, put them ALL on a NC beach, let FLO hit & watch the SHIT fly; LOL :21:

That isn't my problem; is it? :206:
Yes it is.

Nope; it's your problem.
Not really. You have nothing to do with me and have no affect on me. You have to live with being an asshole.

Yes it is.

Nope; it's your problem.
Not really. You have nothing to do with me and have no affect on me. You have to live with being an asshole.

you said, "You really are an asshole" so, you obviously are being effected. Deal with it, in your own special way, of course.

Yep, for all the predictions of 85 foot killer waves and millions in peril.........

It's down to CAT 2 and falling apart. If this continues it should just be a bad tropical storm for most.

Just like "Doomsday Climate Change" fearmongering......it's what they do

Weather and climate is not an exact science. Stop letting them convince you it is.

Yes it is.

Nope; it's your problem.

you said, "You really are an asshole" so, you obviously are being effected. Deal with it, in your own special way, of course.
whole lot of brave people behind a keyboard.

It's down to CAT 2 and falling apart. If this continues it should just be a bad tropical storm for most.
Wrong. The wind speed is not the only factor, as the amount of time an area is subject to those wind speeds is also very important.

And warning of devastation is not "fear mongering". Nobody knew for fact that the storm would weaken. It's called "preparation" and "warning", and, unlike internet cacklers, that is the job we expect of many people.

Forum List

Back