Hurricane Dorian Now a Category 5

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
...and is about to chew up the Bahamas from what it looks like. Not only is it a monster, but it is a very SLOW monster, heading west at 8 MPH.

The north turn the models have been predicting is nudging westward with every run. Some meteorologists have hinted that the ridge that will prevent the storm from moving north is strengthening... but I don't know how much stock to put in that. I think it's a wait and watch game. However FWIW, if I were in Florida, I would be packing, gassing up my car, and battening down the hatches while I wait.

Live updates: Hurricane Dorian approaches Florida - CNN

Stocked up, generator gassed up, truck gassed up, guns loaded... let's rock and roll...

Looks like I'll get one day of work in before this bastard rolls by South Carolina...

Stocked up, generator gassed up, truck gassed up, guns loaded... let's rock and roll...

Looks like I'll get one day of work in before this bastard rolls by South Carolina...

If it does not turn north Florida will chew it up of course.

Just saw this thing barreling toward The Bahamas and groaned aloud. It is a catastrophic storm and it sure looks devastating for those tiny islands. Praying here

If it does not turn north Florida will chew it up of course.

Just saw this thing barreling toward The Bahamas and groaned aloud. It is a catastrophic storm and it sure looks devastating for those tiny islands. Praying here

Well, as you are probably aware from some of our previous, possibly less than cordial interactions, I'm not a praying man, but I do hope for the best for all who will be affected by this. Anyone who has not taken at least the minimum steps to be ready are foolish. These things can get ugly fast.

I saw a graphic that said after this monster is done chewing up The Bahamas, it has something like a 26 mile "buffer" to turn north, and that will make the difference between a Fl landfall or not. The hurricane is now stronger than Andrew in 92. I'd say if this pattern holds they might be calling for evacuations by tonight.

Forum List

Back